• Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Hm W D L For A Aw W D L F A GD PTS

Villa 8 7 4 26 19 .... 4 5 10 22 40 -11 48

Wig 5 8 6 22 34 .... 4 7 8 18 27 -21 42

Martinez is a genius who overachieved with a very poor Wigan squad and outperformed us away from home.

or

Next year with Martinez will be just as poor as this year with Houllier

Discuss

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bit i really dont get is, if we wrote to Whelan 9 days ago, how come he's only gone public today

Makes little sense

Martinez is on holiday. Why would he get his own manager off a well-deserved break to interview for another club?

No ones been offered the job yet, sounding the candidates out!

It's going to be Hurley ....or Jack....or Sawyer !!! Ooooohhh the suspense ! :D

your so right its like the lost series....just when i think i know the plot it changes again

so randys plane is on the move? maybe he is paying GH a visit to see how he is recovering?

at least with all this going on ashley young leaving would sort of slip under the radar

i hope it is not a deliberate ploy to distract the fans from losing yet another top player?

25% of me is getting concerned about the selling off of our players and the constant links with shit to average managers, the other 75% of me is thinking we are not stupid enough to risk losing our other good players, our reputation in the league and our premier league status so we should be getting in a top manager who will replace the likes of young with more talent.

football has changed, the money is too big to go throwing it away on some romantic notion we can find the next 'clough' or fergie with an unproven inexperienced manager or someone who has not shown they have what it takes to manage us.

it is weird looking through the posts at certain posters expectations getting lower and lower, firstly happy with hughes, then coyle or martinez

oddly there were angrier posts about champions league winner benitez than about barrel scraper martinez?

is it because martinez 'seems' a nice affable chap while benitez acts like a twunt?

martinez does not have good enough credentials to be manager of this great club

Neither did Gregory , Little or Tony Barton.

(Not saying I want RM mind you . I still think Moyes is on )

Mysteryman isnt one to be fair and i still trust his thoughts as he hasnt gave away any names but this manager debacle has caught alot of the supposed "ITK" out thus far. Alot of them on twitter patting themselves on the back for getting the Bent signing etc have been truly exposed this time as they have just followed the media clutter of who it will be and backtracking as often as sky do. The worrying thing is Mysteryman did seem alittle shocked at the legs the Martinez story had got and he didnt rule him out like he did with Hughes and Mclaren.

No ones been offered the job yet, sounding the candidates out!

It's going to be Hurley ....or Jack....or Sawyer !!! Ooooohhh the suspense ! :D

your so right its like the lost series....just when i think i know the plot it changes again

i hope it has a better ending!

i reckon we will all find ourselves back in 1992 and manure dont sign cantona and we end up winning the premier league and then go on to dominate it for years to come !!!!!!

Has anyone seen the picture of Moyes playing golf with Gary Macallister out in Barbados today?

It's on twitter, I'd post it but no sure how from my phone.

:detect:

Not sure what relevance that holds. Two Jocks who've probably known each other for years playing golf.

If we wrote to Wigan 9 days ago it ain't like we have been waiting around doing nothing. Really believe there is still another name that we may get. Still believe there is a Benetiz or Ancelotti or someone type signing. I still wouldn't mind Martinez though.