• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

A guy on SSN says 'i have just spoken to steve mclaren on the phone and he says that he has not spoken to randy lerner, has not spoken to aston villa and there has been no contact whatsoever'

(basically reiterating the quotes that were released earlier)

He's also saying that he has 3 contract offers from clubs, all abroad.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sorry but that's whitewashing the whole season. Houlliers appointment was an abject failure on all fronts. Easy to say he would have been great as there is no way of knowing, just as easy to say he would have got us relegated next season.

We beat Arsenal and Liverpool under the guidance of GMac while GH was too sick in hospital to have any influence.

Quite a lot fo the backroom and player problems were under his watch.

MON lost our most influential player in Barry and replaced him with Milner who became our most influential player.

GH lost our most influential player in Milner and replaced him with Makoun who showed he is nowehere near good enough for the Prem yet, if ever.

If he would have stayed I am quite confident he would have gotten us relegated.

In my opinion, the clubs one appointment was farce.

I am still impressed with Randy. If we get martinez, I'll be happy with that appointment.

The last think we need is someone like FSW coming in and saying he wants X amount to spend and wants sole control of XY and Z.

Let's not forget we have one of the best youth set ups in the country. Taking into account what he did at Liverpool, sacking Steve Heighway who brought loads of youngsters through, could you imagine the chaos he'd reak here.

What the hell have an American Football team got to do with an English Premier League Football team?

They are both sports teams with the same owner.

Therefore it's legitimate for Villa fans to examine Randy's stewardship of the Browns for clues about how he runs things.

It's not a direct comparison, but it's relevant.

He isnt very popular with Browns fans is he???

Im afraid my knowledge of American football is limited lol

SSN have spoken to Steve McClaren and he wanted to make it perfectly clear via the show that he has not spoken to Randy Lerner at all

about the Villa job.

He's had a number of offers to manage foreign clubs but now wishes to come back to England.

In fact it sounded like a plea that he in fact would be interested in managing AVFC or a club of that ilk

Who knows??

But how do you know he wont be as good as these?

Or are you some sort of all-seeing oracle who has a mystic crystal ball?

If so, please, enlighten me?

Nope, I'm sure he will be the new Mourinho. I'm pretty, pretty sure.

So there we have it. Pretty much an admission that you are indeed chatting shite!!

:nod: :nod:

Who knows??

But how do you know he wont be as good as these?

Or are you some sort of all-seeing oracle who has a mystic crystal ball?

If so, please, enlighten me?

Nope, I'm sure he will be the new Mourinho. I'm pretty, pretty sure.

So there we have it. Pretty much an admission that you are indeed chatting shite!!

Indeed I am, and I'm looking forward to decades of dominance under Roberto.

SSN have spoken to Steve McClaren and he wanted to make it perfectly clear via the show that he has not spoken to Randy Lerner at all

about the Villa job.

He's had a number of offers to manage foreign clubs but now wishes to come back to England.

In fact it sounded like a plea that he in fact would be interested in managing AVFC or a club of that ilk

Or Wigan perhaps?

No sorry but that's whitewashing the whole season. Houlliers appointment was an abject failure on all fronts. Easy to say he would have been great as there is no way of knowing, just as easy to say he would have got us relegated next season.

We beat Arsenal and Liverpool under the guidance of GMac while GH was too sick in hospital to have any influence.

MON lost our most influential player in Barry and replaced him with Milner who became our most influential player.

GH lost our most influential player in Milner and replaced him with Makoun who showed he is nowehere near good enough for the Prem yet, if ever.

I completly disagree with all of that, its all speculating anyway but I think he would have done well after a full summer in charge.

this thread is beyond a joke. Slaggin off the board before they have even made a decision. And then many are going to judge the manager before pre season starts.

Have a day off

i'm pointing out that they've hired one manager and it was a farce from start to finish. just look at all the houllier out threads and polls.

If wed have stayed 9th all season (which is where we finished and thats all that matters rly) - would it be deemed a farce??

i am really dissapointed houllier had to leave because i think this season he would have had the chance to properly build the squad to his fit and i think we would have had a good season.

i was always a strong supporter of him

Im not a Houllier fan......but by god, the way this is going, i would have him back now :lol:

All this dithering while other clubs get their transfers done

In fairness there has not been a huge amount of dithering. FFS Chelsea have not appointed anyone either. It will more than likely be the end of month by the time a manger is in place.

Also there are a lot of other considerations if the manger is contracted to another club.

Martinez – we had to seek and permission off Wigan to hold talks with him which we have done. We would then need to agree compensation and wait for him to return from holidays.

Mark Hughes - has to serve a months notice so if it’s him you will have to wait until the end of the month officially while he could be already pulling the strings behind the scenes!

David Moyes – Again we would and prob have sought permission from Everton to talk to him. IF we got him we could have to agree compensation. End of month at the earliest!

this thread is beyond a joke. Slaggin off the board before they have even made a decision. And then many are going to judge the manager before pre season starts.

Have a day off

i'm pointing out that they've hired one manager and it was a farce from start to finish. just look at all the houllier out threads and polls.

If wed have stayed 9th all season (which is where we finished and thats all that matters rly) - would it be deemed a farce??

i am really dissapointed houllier had to leave because i think this season he would have had the chance to properly build the squad to his fit and i think we would have had a good season.

i was always a strong supporter of him

Im not a Houllier fan......but by god, the way this is going, i would have him back now :lol:

Utter utter rubbish!!!!!!!!!! on a huge scale.

Or Wigan perhaps?

I really don't care... I just want Pat Murphy and Talksport to be made to eat their words about the fans turning Randy Lerner off appointing McClaren and a supposed interview being cancelled.

Completely also backs up MMs ITK that McClaren was never on the radar.

I completly disagree with all of that, its all speculating anyway but I think he would have done well after a full summer in charge.

Devils advocate mate.

Trying to get the point across that you cannot say the manager was better than he actually performed on some mythical future results that will never happen.

All you can analyze a manager on is what he did and achieved in his time not what he might have done.

In his time at Villa GH didn't do a great deal right between PR gaffs and flirting with relegation. What he may have gone on to do is just pie in the sky dreaming. He could have won us the Champions League next season..