Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

and thats his fault for not adapting. you have to adapt to survive and he never did. wont play for club again unless Lambert is sacked and i think he is right with it

Must be missing something here because how do you adapt to a system when your not playing?

What absolute ****wit handled this deal!? By all accounts Fulham were prepared to pay £6M for him, but we played 'hardball' and now he's off to Palace on loan!!

Please, please say I'm missing something.

Maybe we get a loan fee of a few £m, plus the chance to recoup £5-6m if he is a success.

Does this deal not seem like it should be illegal?

What if we were in a position to help Palace stay up (and getting a financial bonus as a result) on the final day of the season by throwing a game? I'm not saying we ever would, because we wouldn't (not with Lambert in charge at least), but I would bet some clubs would who are in dire need of cash.

and thats his fault for not adapting. you have to adapt to survive and he never did. wont play for club again unless Lambert is sacked and i think he is right with it

Must be missing something here because how do you adapt to a system when your not playing?

Rather have the three strikers in who offer different skills and hard work, than Bent who offers less and would be played in a 442.

433 - Andi, Gabby, Benteke - 40 goals

442 - Bent, Benteke - 30 goals

Remember, we don't have many from midfield, in a 442 we would likely play Gabby, Westwood, Sylla, Delph with 5/6 goals from this (Gabby doesn't score many when playing the 442 winger role)

The system with Bent is less effective.

Rather have the three strikers in who offer different skills and hard work, than Bent who offers less and would be played in a 442.

Remember, we don't have many from midfield, in a 442 we would likely play Gabby, Westwood, Sylla, Delph with 5/6 goals from this (Gabby doesn't score many when playing the 442 winger role)

How often has Bent played with Benteke?

That's not the issue, if you bring in Bent you're weakening the forward line because you can't also have Wiemann and Gabby's workrate - you have to go 4-4-2 which is at odds with the way the team has been progressing. Bent is great at what he does, but you need actual wingers to get anything out of him - we don't have actual wingers

• Like 1

How is that relevant to what I posted?

Bent is not a player who can play out wide, he would play in a 442 which costs the team. I'm not at all sure what your questions means by that.

That's not the issue, if you bring in Bent you're weakening the forward line because you can't also have Wiemann and Gabby's workrate - you have to go 4-4-2 which is at odds with the way the team has been progressing. Bent is great at what he does, but you need actual wingers to get anything out of him - we don't have actual wingers

We have players who can play out wide though who have enough about them to supply him.

Awesome... 

Paid £18m rising to 24 and then loan him out to Palace for nothing a couple of seasons later.

That's in the same ballpark as Carroll's move to West Ham. I bet the Sunderland fans are loving this. 

I'm not sure Carroll's 7 goals kept West Ham in the £100m+ Premier League unlike Bent's 21...

Bent was bought in to do a job and he did an awesome job of keeping us in the league. There is no doubt we would have been relegated had he not joined and so he has paid for himself many times over.

Good luck to him... never complained once last season. Quality player, good attitude and was good business at the time.

• Like 1

I find it astonishing that no one was willing to pay £5million for a 15/20goal season striker with atleast 5 years left at the top.

thanks for the goals daz. Good luck chap

We have players who can play out wide though who have enough about them to supply him.

So we drop Gabby and one of Delph, Westood and Sylla so we can have the wide men - JUST to get Bent in the team?

Shamakh and Bent up front for palace, should be interesting....

Shamakh's crap, it's Kevin Phillips we should worry about. He's 400 years old and still lethal.

People are forgetting they have also spent £8million on Dwight Gayle as well!! Should be interesting Gayle, Chamakh, Phillips and Bent!!! I find it mad they spend all that money on Gayle but then decide they can't buy likes of Bent on big money (prob wasted 50k a week on Chamakh)

Â