The classical music thread

mjmooney

saw a news article today suggesting that school children should be taught about Stormzy rather than Mozart  ...  Maybe I'm just getting old , but i can't see anyone playing that shite in 2 years time , yet alone 200

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Carl Phillipp Emanuel Bach was much more the pop star of his day than his father, Johann Sebastian. It's only relatively recently that J.S. Bach came to the fore of the Bach family. Before that J.S. was appreciated more for teaching his son, C.P.E.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

4th Movement of Schumann's 3rd Symphony "Rhenish."

Legend has it that after finding out that his wife, Clara, was having an affair with Johannes Brahms, Schumann tried to commit suicide by throwing himself into the Rhine. As he descended towards the icy water below, he looked up and saw the outline of the great Gothic Cologne Cathedral and heard the the chorale which forms the material for this movement. He survived (although remaining a manic depressive for the rest of his life) and left us this incredible piece depicting the outline of the Cathedral at Cologne.

• 4 months later...
On 22/03/2020 at 19:00, Xann said:

Amazing 😮 

Incredible. That technique of 'bouncing' the bow is called ricochet and it's incredibly difficult. He's also doing ricochet on up bows and down bows. The harmonics are bang in tune and the section where he plays the same note on 4 different strings is fiendish. What a prodigy.

(He'll be an alcoholic by the time he's 23 🤣)

Only one thing missing is his concert attire. He needs some hints from...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwrV39Um-z0jaoC8qgiDU

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Incredible. That technique of 'bouncing' the bow is called ricochet and it's incredibly difficult. He's also doing ricochet on up bows and down bows. The harmonics are bang in tune and the section where he plays the same note on 4 different strings is fiendish. What a prodigy..

Got Heifetz doing the same piece and the boy may have it? Though he does have better recording tech.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwrV39Um-z0jaoC8qgiDU

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was there some sort of explosion? :) 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

One of my favourite bits of Bach is Bach concerto for 2 violins in D minor || largo ma non tanto

Sorry my tech skills not able to post it

Bruce Willis Arnold Swatznegger and Stallone have agreed to make a film about great classical composers.

Willis says I will play Beethoven

Stallone says I will play Mozart

Swartznegger says I’ii be Bach

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

One of my favourite bits of Bach is Bach concerto for 2 violins in D minor || largo ma non tanto

Sorry my tech skills not able to post it

It's automatic these days. Just paste in the Youtube address and the preview should pop up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â