Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Hughes, Moyes..Just not good enough!

Why do you say that?

Because none of them will take us forward.. What have they done at previous clubs? What legacy did they build? Wheres the up to date modern style of football taking the Premiership by storm from Everton? Moyes has had plenty of time to instill a winning formula..Yet its static..The same with Hughes, wheres his modern day football team which he created thats taking the league by storm?

They are BOTH managers that "just survive" they "just get by" in the Premiership.. Neither have layed down a furmula or method.

Your answer will now be MONEY...

Which is exactly the type of managers they are...They both need money to compete at the top..

Now look a Wenger, he aint great but you can see an idea of him building a style, an image of football in his mind and players are gelled into it.

A manager is not just about getting a few £££'s and building a team to play a season.. Its about building a style from the top to bottom to survive without the need of continuous investment(where we just cant compete)...

Ive mentioned on other threads;

"We need to adapt a Barca approach"

"Why are Porto,Lille etc growing"

Its not just money... We need a top coach with a modern vision..Deschamps is the man I suggest, as he seems to be the up and coming guy atm to transform a club into his image without mass funding..

Thats a very good response and i agree with 90% of it.

All i would say is that the type of club you wish for takes time, Villa fans are impatient. We need to be settled as a upper-middle club first on the brink of top 4 or 5, this is where i think a mangaer like Hughes/Moyes/Coyle/Ancelotti would get us too, then you could look for a coach to 'style' the team.

First we need to steady the ship because at the moment its about to capsize.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Ancellotti and Wilkins delighting in showing Abramovich what he's tossed away...

However I think it may well be Hughes..... fits.......I'm hearing whispers we don't want to pay out out compensation to buy out someone's contract.

Why should we pay out, we've paid out enough for our previous two.

Hughes, Moyes..Just not good enough!

Why do you say that?

Because none of them will take us forward.. What have they done at previous clubs? What legacy did they build? Wheres the up to date modern style of football taking the Premiership by storm from Everton? Moyes has had plenty of time to instill a winning formula..Yet its static..The same with Hughes, wheres his modern day football team which he created thats taking the league by storm?

They are BOTH managers that "just survive" they "just get by" in the Premiership.. Neither have layed down a furmula or method.

Your answer will now be MONEY...

Which is exactly the type of managers they are...They both need money to compete at the top..

Now look a Wenger, he aint great but you can see an idea of him building a style, an image of football in his mind and players are gelled into it.

A manager is not just about getting a few £££'s and building a team to play a season.. Its about building a style from the top to bottom to survive without the need of continuous investment(where we just cant compete)...

Ive mentioned on other threads;

"We need to adapt a Barca approach"

"Why are Porto,Lille etc growing"

Its not just money... We need a top coach with a modern vision..Deschamps is the man I suggest, as he seems to be the up and coming guy atm to transform a club into his image without mass funding..

Thats a very good response and i agree with 90% of it.

All i would say is that the type of club you wish for takes time, Villa fans are impatient. We need to be settled as a upper-middle club first on the brink of top 4 or 5, this is where i think a mangaer like Hughes/Moyes/Coyle/Ancelotti would get us too, then you could look for a coach to 'style' the time.

First we need to steady the ship because at the moment its about to capsize.

Again I could answer this by saying, it didnt take time for Deschamps to turn Marseille into a force. I think in 2 years he has won 3 domestics and their 1st title in 18 years..

I would think with the departures from the club that have happened and going to happen...NOW would be a perfect time for Deschamps to come in and build the 1st team squad into his mould..No good appointing him(or a manager like him) after Moyes and Hughes have ahd 4 years at the club spending another 100m on the same old top 6 calibre type players.

After he builds the 1st team and we start the new season, no doubt the style and ethos will filter through the club into the acadamy..And he too will have many connections of some of Europe's finest up and coming young players.. Deschamps is idolised in France(more so than Houllier), his attraction for the next Viera, Henry etc would be massive...He would literally transform Villa into a better modern football club.. Its almost like having a younger Wenger, yet 3 times better and more respected.

Mark Hughes would be a terrible appointment. The club would basically make a statement saying they're not ambitious enough to push forward.

Darren Bent would look at that and must think what is he doing at this club. It's no different than Sunderland and I'm sure he would want out next season.

There's no way we would get another Marquee signing, not even a quality signing. I'm sure Hughes would only attract players like Sidwell where he could turn them into a better player. Hell, he may play Ireland and Warnock again. Who the hell wants to see them in our squad? His scouting level sucks.

He isn't even a manager who has stability. I mean come on, he's only been at Fulham for 1 year and he wants out straight away? He seems more of a journey man now. That club seems more his level.

I don't recall him playing much of kids either. How are we suppose to blood our youngsters then?

The only highlight I can see is he'll only trim the wage bill, but that's it. Don't expect any good players to stick around, just average players such as Dunne, Collins etc and don't expect us to do any better than West Brom who imo could do better than us seeing as they have a better manager.

Hughes would be a great appointment. With the exception of the madness that is Man City, he has over achieved everywhere he has been. We need someone to build Villa in their own image.

We are as big a club as Hughes is realistically going to get in the medium term. He will make a real go of it.

Hopefully he brings Dempsey, Hangeland and Salcido with him.

Mark Hughes would be a terrible appointment. The club would basically make a statement saying they're not ambitious enough to push forward.

Darren Bent would look at that and must think what is he doing at this club. It's no different than Sunderland and I'm sure he would want out next season.

There's no way we would get another Marquee signing, not even a quality signing. I'm sure Hughes would only attract players like Sidwell where he could turn them into a better player. Hell, he may play Ireland and Warnock again. Who the hell wants to see them in our squad? His scouting level sucks.

He isn't even a manager who has stability. I mean come on, he's only been at Fulham for 1 year and he wants out straight away? He seems more of a journey man now. That club seems more his level.

I don't recall him playing much of kids either. How are we suppose to blood our youngsters then?

The only highlight I can see is he'll only trim the wage bill, but that's it. Don't expect any good players to stick around, just average players such as Dunne, Collins etc and don't expect us to do any better than West Brom who imo could do better than us seeing as they have a better manager.

Roflcopter.gif

People have to stop seeing this appointment in such black and white terms. It's not simply a question of the board deciding 'let's go and appoint Ancelotti or Deschamps or Rijkaard' - those men have got to want to come here. As of right now, we can't offer Champions League football, we can't offer the immediate prospect of challenging for Champions League football, we can't offer them the chance to contest the domestic league title and we can't promise them an unlimited warchest

yup, what i was thinking re: ancelotti, but i've read over here that he's up for the QPR job, which does put a different light on it. plus ANYONE saying they want to work in the prem is not abotu to loand a job at united, citeh, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool or spurs. we are surely one of the best propositions outside of that lot?

I'm not convinced that Ancelotti is desperate to stay in the Premier League. I didn't buy that ridiculous story about West Ham and common sense would suggest that an innocuous comment was massively exaggerated by a London media always keen to inflate the stature of West Ham. I think some of his statements about considering staying here have more to do with him and his family liking life in London and the prospect of a move to the Midlands may not hold the same allure. I would be surprised but not shocked if there was any kernel of truth in the QPR rumour - I think they are primed to become the new circus act of the Premier League due to the fact they have an egomaniac in charge and a lot of cash to throw around. If Ancelotti does take another job in this country, it will likely be short-term before moving back to the continent - reason enough to give us pause - and he may see QPR as a convenient stopover with a big pay-out.

he was approached and refused a contract with west ham according to the italian article that linked him with both us and QPR. true about him maybe wanting to stay in london though, and QPR can offer him a lot of money. as for the roma speculation, it was all over the place here a month or so ago, and now no-one seems to be linking him with the post.

Mark Hughes has a comfortable job at Fulham, it would represent a coup if we could attract him here.

It would also show that he would relish the challenge of moving us forward, and that, in my mind, is a key ingredient to any success.

Hughes ain't that bad. Just think there are some more exciting options out there. I do not doubt that he would do a good job. Maybe if he was here for 3-4 years achieving 6-8th he would eventually get everything right and we might kick on. No matter what we do the next manager needs to be given some time!

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6961739,00.html

deschamps talking to roma, the italian press seem to think luis enrique will land the roma job though.

Yeah from what I hear Deschamps would love to return to the Premiership..He wanted the Liverpool job but it came too early..He was also interested in the Newcastle job..

Randy will need to act fast and use whatever he can to get his man..Houllier and Duverne could well help with persuasion.. I think we are a catch for any top manager..The board have shown to be very good for managers to work for.

Im half expecting Ancelotti to enter the frame for the Roma job.

I'm by no means convinced we could get Deschamps, I'd just like us to try.

Of course, we may make an approach and be told firmly Non, and it may not make the press, so we may never know...

Hughes attracted Robinho to Citeh.

At least do a little bit of research before spouting your incessent bile.

32.6% win ratio at Fulham is overacheiving?

With the injuries he had yes. Also they finished 8th. Where do you expect Fulham to finish each season?

He inherited a good, stable side that Hodgson crafted and has since won a smaller percentage of games than him.

I'm not saying he's done a bad job there but I'd say its par for the course, which is what Hughes is as a manager. I don't think he's ever shown that he's capable of improving a club significantly and doesn't have what it takes to push us on to the next level.