Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Ancelotti had nothing to do with the signing of Torres.

Tis true. Unfortunately, I am not sure that he has much experience of buying any players. Abramovich at Chelsea, Berlusconi & Galliano (sic) at Milan.

That is what worries me with Ancelotti.

Neither does he bring through youth.

Neither does he build up clubs.

He is a manager that works at the top with good squads and players. He will be lost at Villa where he has to balance the wages or work on a budget.

Deschamps remains the man for Villa..What he has done at Marseille is fantastic and he could do the same for us. He is a moden day manager with modern day tactics. Has massive respect in the football world and would take us forward. Its staring at us right in the face and he wants to be appointed "before" middle of June.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis true. Unfortunately, I am not sure that he has much experience of buying any players. Abramovich at Chelsea, Berlusconi & Galliano (sic) at Milan.

He is a manager that works at the top with good squads and players. He will be lost at Villa where he has to balance the wages or work on a budget.

This just sums up how deluded this forum gets at times.

Now Ancelotti isnt good enough for us!?!? :lol:

Not "suitable" more like.

I'd be inclinded to agree.

Not the man for where we are right now, IMO.

Leslie would be the right man, for me ....

farily clear you havent got a clue about football these past few days

Moyes has hardly said no to it

He told the Post: "As far as I know I'm here and I'm the manager.

"I want to have a club, though, where I can give the supporters something, I really do.

"I want a good fresh challenge when we come back next summer and hopefully that will be the case."

I think that the appointment of the manager is important for players like Young, Bent, Downing etc.

If we go all out, get Ancelotti, they'll be thinking - hang on; Ancelotti is a winner, I'll give Villa another year.

If we get Martinez... what has he achieved... I'm off??

If we get the chance, Ancelotti is the man for me.

farily clear you havent got a clue about football these past few days

Care to expand on that a little...

DAVID MOYES has no plans to replace Gerard Houllier at Aston Villa, should the Villa manager’s departure be confirmed today.

The Birmingham Mail reported yesterday that Houllier will stand down by “mutual consent” because of concerns over his health after heart problems.

While other reports suggest a decision on the 63-year-old’s future will be announced today.

Moyes has already batted away speculation linking him with the Villa Park post – laughing off internet rumours and saying: “As far as I know I’m here and I’m the manager.

“I want to have a club, though, where I can give the supporters something, I really do.

“I want a good fresh challenge when we come back next summer and hopefully that will be the case.”

http://tinyurl.com/3rfebqe

Not denying but i doubt he will be next manager at VP.

this is the most imortant signing of the summer, sign a hughes = a meh at best from the fans and no doubt the best players in the team, sign ancellotti - deschamps - rijkaard and it sends a message right through the club as to what the ambitions are

signing a top manager doesnt mean we will spunk money on players left right and centre but it does command respect from the players.

people who are 50 50 whether to leave next season or this season wil take notice, players thinking about coming to the club will take notice, season ticket holders umming and arring will take notice

we saw what at top quality signing in darren bent did for the whole club, it lifted us from the shit we were in , it created positivity and a 'feel good' factor, it got us better results.

to get a top manager rather than a meh manager should create the same but in a larger scale

The worry i get with Ancellotti is, in his previous teams, they have been an ageing side, and he seemed to struggle when things went against him at Chelsea, he didn't recover. I think with the squad we have it is ideally suited for a Moyes or a Hughes but both may be out of reach. So the job may be taken by the like of Ancellotti or Rijkaard.

this is the most imortant signing of the summer, sign a hughes = a meh at best from the fans and no doubt the best players in the team, sign ancellotti - deschamps - rijkaard and it sends a message right through the club as to what the ambitions are

signing a top manager doesnt mean we will spunk money on players left right and centre but it does command respect from the players.

Im sorry but Houllier is certainly considered a top manager in the game. He came here, the fans turned on him and we had our worst season in years.

To the people thinking that getting in Ancelotti or Deschamps....what makes you so sure that they will do well here????

Id prefer a Moyes, Martinez, Lambert etc etc to an Ancelotti or Deschamps.

If it's just the boring Hughes / Moyes etc offerings

I think I'd go for Martinez - plays good football and he started the Swansea revolution.

I just want someone who can bring us some hope! I'd love us to play decent football and I really think Houllier has started something that could be special - we need the right man to carry us forward... perhaps Jol could do it?

I'd ratehr someone come in who's about technique, ability and football rather than stale boring football.

If we're not going to win the league then I'd rather be entertained and risk finishing a couple of places lower than playing shite negative football like MON that becomes a chore to watch

I'm also of the opinion now that getting Ancelotti would be fighting above our weight. Fanciful idea, especially given the fact he wishes to remain in the Prem, but........

Theres a lot wrong atm down B6 and its hardly an attractive proposition for someone coming from the cosmopolitan corridors of chelsea. There is a lot of unrest, following on from a horrendous 12mths and imo it will take someone with a steely exterior and determination to take us on. The spirit seems to have been sucked out of the club by all these latest rumours of players wanting away, so anyone coming in will have to have the character that wants players to play for him. AND who's first task will be to persuade one or two individuals that Villa will be contenders next season.

Carlo, then, would want too much time, which the fans would'nt give him. And Moyes is so ensconced in his 'safe' little number that he'd be like a fish out of water (I can see that now). And I refuse to even think about the FSW as it gives me palpitations!

I really don't want Mark Hughes, but does he have the attributes to take it on? I'm not sure, but could be proved wron of course. And then theres Martinez......who is probably the nicest guy we could ever hope to get. But do we want 'nice'?

I really don't have a clue, but I have a feeling there are testing times ahead.

Im sorry but Houllier is certainly considered a top manager in the game. He came here, the fans turned on him and we had our worst season in years.

To the people thinking that getting in Ancelotti or Deschamps....what makes you so sure that they will do well here????

Id prefer a Moyes, Martinez, Lambert etc etc to an Ancelotti or Deschamps.

For me Houllier WAS a top manager in the game, 5 or 6 years ago maybe.

Anyway, on the next manager. I really do like Martinez but I think it would be a risky appointment. Think Hughes would do a decent job too.

DAVID MOYES has no plans to replace Gerard Houllier at Aston Villa, should the Villa manager’s departure be confirmed today.

The Birmingham Mail reported yesterday that Houllier will stand down by “mutual consent” because of concerns over his health after heart problems.

While other reports suggest a decision on the 63-year-old’s future will be announced today.

Moyes has already batted away speculation linking him with the Villa Park post – laughing off internet rumours and saying: “As far as I know I’m here and I’m the manager.

“I want to have a club, though, where I can give the supporters something, I really do.

“I want a good fresh challenge when we come back next summer and hopefully that will be the case.”

http://tinyurl.com/3rfebqe

Not denying but i doubt he will be next manager at VP.

These quotes are at least a month old, and hardly amount to a denial.

I feel I'm hoping rather than expecting here but that certainly does nothing to put me off.

I really don't want Mark Hughes, but does he have the attributes to take it on? I'm not sure, but could be proved wron of course. And then theres Martinez......who is probably the nicest guy we could ever hope to get. But do we want 'nice'?

The thing i notice about Martinez and his teams...the players enjoy playing for him. He has their respect and he also does a good job of protecting his players and deflecting any negativity from the team onto himself. THAT is good management.

Im all for Houlliers stance of taking away mobiles in dressing room, fining for turning up late for work...but i got the impression the players didnt like the way he was going about it.

Martinez is very much 'one of the boys' and i could envisage thast our squad would enjoy playing for him. Sometimes, it aint all about gruelling training sessions and whipping the squads arses, sometimes its alot better to have a relaxed working environment. Just look at how Bolton have done since Coyles been there...hes not the most tactically astute manager and he certainly aint the most successfull, but he gets on well with the squad and that in itself breeds some success.