Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

If GH can't continue. Gary McAllister anyone?

For some reason I cannot fathom fans on here seem to despise him and blame him for all this seasons ills. The guys done a good job in GH's absence and unlike GH seems to speak with reverence and respect for our great club "an honour to be the custodian of the club" being one of his quotes. I just don't get why people are so anti.

Am I alone in being impressed with how he has conducted himself since Gh was hospilalised?

Anyway i'm gong to say it. Well done Gary and thanks.

I don't want him as manager but I don't like how he seems to have become the scapegoat for GH...

I much prefer Gary Mac to Houllier (as a person)

He actually respects our club.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have Gary McAllister when we can have a tried and tested Premier League class Manager to take over? Did you not see Luke Young leave the left back position to run towards the bench to ask Mack who was playing where today? The man might have pulled tow results out of the bag in the last two games, but he's not very good at what he does at this level of football, lower down, maybe.

If GH can't continue. Gary McAllister anyone?

For some reason I cannot fathom fans on here seem to despise him and blame him for all this seasons ills. The guys done a good job in GH's absence and unlike GH seems to speak with reverence and respect for our great club "an honour to be the custodian of the club" being one of his quotes. I just don't get why people are so anti.

Am I alone in being impressed with how he has conducted himself since Gh was hospilalised?

Anyway i'm gong to say it. Well done Gary and thanks.

I don't want him as manager but I don't like how he seems to have become the scapegoat for GH...

I much prefer Gary Mac to Houllier (as a person)

He actually respects our club.

Brilliant and Houllier doesn't?

Of course he doesn't, Houllier is foreign, Gary Mac is British.

gmac had an almost fully fit squad to chose from, also without some of the trouble makers such as carew, sidwell, ireland and curtis davies

in the time he took charge we played

stoke - drew -

west brom - lost-

wigan- drew-

arsenal- won-

liverpool- won-

the manner in which we played the first 3 games was poor bearing in mind we had just won 2 in a row. cant argue with the 2 wins at the end of the season but he is not in my opinion, someone who can move the club forwards.

stoke - drew -

west brom - lost-

wigan- drew-

arsenal- won-

liverpool- won-

It was also a very good time to play Arsenal too. They were understrength that day and there for the taking. And, let's be honest, whilst we played quite well today, Liverpool did not want Europa league football and the deck chairs were out today. Our luck seems to have changed in the last few weeks though, which is pleasing. I refuse to get carried away because we have ended the season positively, I think it would be wrong not to recognise the improvement, but we should view the season as a whole.

Ancelotti please! :)

Seconded

Not sure how true it is, but Ancelotti was said to have a something in his contract saying that he can't manage another prem club for 12 months if anything were to happen to his position at Chelsea.

Could just be a crap rumour, but it wasn't the first time I've heard that in the last week.

Aye, If Houllier and co. are still in charge next season I'll be looking to Randy. Another season like this? No thanks.

I think they'd be expecting huge improvement if they were to keep Houllier, not sure 9th and 48 points would be what they wanted. I'd expect and think we'd improve as well.

Seconded

Not sure how true it is, but Ancelotti was said to have a something in his contract saying that he can't manage another prem club for 12 months if anything were to happen to his position at Chelsea.

Could just be a crap rumour, but it wasn't the first time I've heard that in the last week.

Would be very surprised if this were true as this is restraint of trade which is illegal.

Seconded

Would be very surprised if this were true as this is restraint of trade which is illegal.

It's only illegal if it's seen as unreasonable.

You can have restraint of trade clauses in employment contracts as long as they're reasonable, and there's a legitimate business interest to protect.

It it's for a season then that's a reasonable duration, the question is if as a football manager he holds enough information to do damage to Chelsea as a business.

Seconded

It's only illegal if it's seen as unreasonable.

You can have restraint of trade clauses in employment contracts as long as they're reasonable, and there's a legitimate business interest to protect.

It it's for a season then that's a reasonable duration, the question is if as a football manager he holds enough information to do damage to Chelsea as a business.

They are very difficult to enforce in practice. My last company had a similar clause restricting me from working for a competitor for 12 months. In practice, they never enforced it, probably because they knew they would fail if it were tested in court.

I would guess he would sign away certain rights as part of his severance and this is what may stop him signing for another prem team.

Given that Bolton dropped like a stone, Owen Coyle's stock will have decreased I would think. They are likely to lose Cahill and Sturridge too and could struggle next season. Kevin Davis is nearly 34 too and will need replacing. I'd like to see if Coyle has a better season next season before considering him for the Villa position. So for that reason, I'm out.

Seconded

Hs own suggestion he could manage West Ham or stay in England makes me think that isn't the case.

stoke - drew -

west brom - lost-

wigan- drew-

arsenal- won-

liverpool- won-

It was also a very good time to play Arsenal too. They were understrength that day and there for the taking. And, let's be honest, whilst we played quite well today, Liverpool did not want Europa league football and the deck chairs were out today. Our luck seems to have changed in the last few weeks though, which is pleasing. I refuse to get carried away because we have ended the season positively, I think it would be wrong not to recognise the improvement, but we should view the season as a whole.

Absolute rubbish, amazing that when ever we win is because the other team weren't up for it or were in a bad spell. Just as bad as when we lose and it's for one reason or another.

A win is a win.

Absolute rubbish, amazing that when ever we win is because the other team weren't up for it or were in a bad spell. Just as bad as when we lose and it's for one reason or another.

A win is a win.

Playing Villa any time before Christmas was a good time for the opposition. Playing Bolton recently, given their form is a good time to play them. Playing Liverpool when they clearly don't want Europa football is a good time to play them. Arsenal were there for the taking. We did it and I'm delighted. You're right, a win is a win. Well done for spotting the obvious. There are times when it's a good time to play particular teams. Everton in the first half of the season etc. That's football. I'm very pleased with the wins but don't get carried away with the papering over the cracks. There is a lot of work to do for Gerard Houllier.