Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

what the hell has Moyes done in 10 years at Everton to suggest he's anything but average ??

More than we've managed. He got into Champions League and finished above us the majority of the time.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell has Moyes done in 10 years at Everton to suggest he's anything but average ??

More than we've managed. He got into Champions League and finished above us the majority of the time.

it was a fairly poor team, certainly compared to the present day everton team, that got into the cl qualification round

Everton have never qualified for the Champions League.

Fact.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4171224.stm

Not into the group stage no. But they got 4th and were then robbed. Got knocked out by Villareal, which, as qualifiers go (Spurs vs Young Boys) is a pretty hard qualifier.

But saying they didnt qualify is similar to us saying we havent qualified for the Europa League recently.

edit: Villareal away once > Rapied Wien away once

Ancellotti has quoted, he's not really bothered if he gets the sack from Chelsea. He has also stated if this happened he would want to stay in the Premiership not particulary with a champions league club, just as long as it was a challenge.

I think he had a bit of a fallout with Abramovich over the Wilkins situation and to be fair Abramovich has showed us before he does hold grudges and does not forget.

"Ancelloti we are waiting for you!

Ive already expressed my views on Moyes and would think/hope we are bigger than to take Hughes as our manager!

I can't see Moyes leaving Everton to join us really.

We are similar sized clubs (though we are slightly bigger )

Mark Hughes on the other hand...

Surely if he knew of our interest, he would leave Fulham to join us? :)

Ancellotti has quoted, he's not really bothered if he gets the sack from Chelsea. He has also stated if this happened he would want to stay in the Premiership not particulary with a champions league club, just as long as it was a challenge.

I think he had a bit of a fallout with Abramovich over the Wilkins situation and to be fair Abramovich has showed us before he does hold grudges and does not forget.

Ive already expressed my views on Moyes and would think/hope we are bigger than to take Hughes as our manager!

link?

Maybe some truth in the rumours then.

Ancellotti + Wilkins would orgasmic.

Fact.

Not into the group stage no. But they got 4th and were then robbed. Got knocked out by Villareal, which, as qualifiers go (Spurs vs Young Boys) is a pretty hard qualifier.

But saying they didnt qualify is similar to us saying we havent qualified for the Europa League recently.

They lost their Champions League qualifier, which means that they did not qualify.

I guess you could say that they qualified for the qualifier?

I'm sure India have played loads of World Cup qualifiers over the years, but they have never actually qualified for the World Cup.

I know I'm being pedantic but :P

Fact.

They lost their Champions League qualifier, which means that they did not qualify.

I'm sure India have played loads of World Cup qualifiers over the years, but they have never actually qualified for the World Cup.

Lets face it, Allardyce has failed to qualify to qualify to qualify for a chance to qualify. So you should rule him out now too.

Fact.

Lets face it, Allardyce has failed to qualify to qualify to qualify for a chance to qualify. So you should rule him out now too.

:D

link?

Maybe some truth in the rumours then.

Ancellotti + Wilkins would orgasmic.

Cant find link now but read it earlier in the week.

He actually said if sacked he would'nt cry and he would drop out of champions league football if a club came along with the right ambition.

Probably reading a bit to much into this, but would be the best move possible for me!!!!!

Indeed.

Finished ahead of Villa 7 out of the 9 years he's been in charge.

Qualified for the Champions League and finished 5th twice.

Brought some absolute bargain players for very little money in the shape of Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar and Jagielka, who together cost less than we paid for Stewart Downing.

Generally done as well as he could be expected to do for all of the teams outside of the top 4.

Moyes has done well but Everton have stayed stationery over the past few years. I'm not convinced he has what it takes to go the distance. (I know he hasn't had the funds)

Obviously he could do a job in the short term but notconvinced about the long term. He hasn't won a cup whilst at Everton either.

Moyes has done well but Everton have stayed stationery over the past few years. I'm not convinced he has what it takes to go the distance. (I know he hasn't had the funds)

Obviously he could do a job in the short term but notconvinced about the long term. He hasn't won a cup whilst at Everton either.

They've stayed stationery because of a lack of investment. The fact they haven't regressed is testament to the man himself.

They've stayed stationery because of a lack of investment. The fact they haven't regressed is testament to the man himself.

Well said.

Yup, I'm sure Everton would have been relegated by now if it wasn't for Moyes. They are a very poor club.

Yeah his done well with average players??????????

Jagielka

Bains

Distin

Hetinger

Rodwell

Neville

Osman

Arteta

Felanini

cahill

Saha

Beckford

anichebe

OK so some are average but you would expect a top 6 side with these players surely.

He's not a over exelled in my eyes!

I know that nothing is certain, but I really think Moyes has gone out of his way to categorically deny that he will be joining us and leaving Everton. We may have contacted him but if he was trying to keep it hush there are more diplomatic and neutral responses he could have chosen, Instead he seemed very clear on not coming to us. If it happens though I would be happy.

However if Ancelotti came with us and brought Wilkins, well I don't even know what I'd do but you bet it would be something sexual. I really don't count on this happening though, but those supposed quotes of him wanting to stay in the PL and wanting a challenge seem tailor-made for our club right now. You know what they say about if it sounds to good to be true though.