Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What other sources do we have that Moyes could be linked with us then? Everton's number 2 has buggered off to West Ham; I was reading something about a handshake between Randy and Moyes earlier? Anything else?

Ermmm ... its all very delicate ! I think you'll find the lack of information from ITK's is deafening ! I tend check what I've heard with MM as I don't think at this stage its worth putting details on here.

What percentage chance do you think Moyes will come?

Moyes has been pretty bad with transfers but that also had to do with the limited funds at Everton.

Hmm,

Misses:

Koldrup 5m

Bilywhatsisname 10m (might fall into the neutral bracket yet)

Beattie 6m (about 2m back)

Neutral:

Fellaini 15m (probably will get his money back)

Johnson 10m (but got his money back)

Distin 5m ( a bit overpriced)

Howard ( a bit dodgy, but what goalkeeper isn't?)

Hits:

Lescott 5m

Jagielka 5m?

Baines 6m

Neville 5m?

Arteta 2.5m

Cahill 2m

I think that he has a decent transfer record, but might be a bit dodgy when the numbers get big for one player, but that seems to be the case with the best of managers.

I'd say Fellaini is a good signing, played pretty well for them and attracting a lot of interest. Distin has also been good for them and 5mil is around what we payed for Dunne and Collins so overpriced seems harsh.

What other sources do we have that Moyes could be linked with us then? Everton's number 2 has buggered off to West Ham; I was reading something about a handshake between Randy and Moyes earlier? Anything else?

Ermmm ... its all very delicate ! I think you'll find the lack of information from ITK's is deafening ! I tend check what I've heard with MM as I don't think at this stage its worth putting details on here.

What percentage chance do you think Moyes will come?

I wouldn't like to comment further at this stage !

There are two markets, Skybet and Victor Chandler.

Sky bet have Moyes at 6/4 out from 8/11, while Chandler goes 12/1......bit of a difference there.

Mark Hughes has come in on both from 7/1 to 9/4 and 2/1 respectively. I wouldnt read too much into that as its a very weak market. Having said that Victor Chandler are very savvy organisation and are rarely caught out on anything.

OddsChecker

Moyes has been pretty bad with transfers but that also had to do with the limited funds at Everton.

Hmm,

Misses:

Koldrup 5m

Neutral:

Hits:

Lescott 5m

Jagielka 5m?

Baines 6m

Neville 5m?

Arteta 2.5m

Cahill 2m

I think that he has a decent transfer record, but might be a bit dodgy when the numbers get big for one player, but that seems to be the case with the best of managers.

Think Distin at 5m was a good signing he's been very consistent this season.

Fellaini was a fantastic signing and is supposedly being tracked by Madrid, they will do very very well to hold on to Fellaini I would absolutely love for Fellaini to be here.

Hmm,

Misses:

Koldrup 5m

Neutral:

Hits:

Lescott 5m

Jagielka 5m?

Baines 6m

Neville 5m?

Arteta 2.5m

Cahill 2m

I agree with your misses but would put your neutrals into your hits as they have all proved to be worthwhile players either from a moneitary or playing point of view? Also players like Neville and Yobo have been sucesses under him and he has brought a few good young players through the ranks.

Gad are you quietly confident on this one or think it's all 2 + 2 =5?

Hmm,

Misses:

Koldrup 5m

Neutral:

Hits:

Lescott 5m

Jagielka 5m?

Baines 6m

Neville 5m?

Arteta 2.5m

Cahill 2m

I agree with your misses but would put your neutrals into your hits as they have all proved to be worthwhile players either from a moneitary or playing point of view? Also players like Neville and Yobo have been sucesses under him and he has brought a few good young players through the ranks.

So I have understated Moyes' transfer record, in which case it looks even more impressive.

Let's get him.....

I kind of agree SOV, if Houllier was allowed to simply manage the team affairs whilst leaving the coaching to someone like Ray Wilkins, then I think we'd be on the money.

Sadly I dont think it's very likely for a number of reasons.

Ray WilkiSky for the momentns seems quite content commentating for sky for the moment however he would be great to have in the staff. However just adding another name into the hat

Claudio Ranieri.

Nothing to base this on other than the fact hes unemployed. Wouldn't be half bad imo

Voted for someone else, meaning Lois van Gaal.

My 2nd choice would be to let GH continue with a new 2nd. Though, that is also very much depending on his health situation. But I'd be up for giving him a full pre season and all that.

Then it would be Lambert for me. I wouldn't be against taking a chance on him.

Then Moyes.

And I'm also a little interested to see how that Flores would do managing Villa.

Owen Coyle please

He looked promising early on in the season, but the capitulation in the semi final against Stoke and the loss of form in the Premiership have raised question marks over him for now. I'd like to see how he does over the next couple of seasons before deciding if he is ready for a top job.

Voted for someone else, meaning Lois van Gaal.

Did you know that Lois van Gaal played for Antwerp when they beat us in the first round of the Uefa Cup 75/76, (4-0 away, 0-1 home)

Dont want him, he's another who's had his day.

Isn't van Gaal a bit mad and a very strict disciplinarian? He's a good manager but I just have a feeling that things could go very wrong if he were to come here.

Depends which story is right about our dressing room.

If they like Houllier but hate McCallister's training. Van Gaal would be a good signing, similar rules and discipline to Houllier but tactically very good as well as being a bit more 'current' managerial wise.

But if the other story is true about players hating Houllier's rules and the way they are treated then LVG may not get on with some players.

Imo anybody that moans about not being allowed to text/tweet whilst training probably shouldnt be here.