Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe people have suggested Hughes because we need Mid-table stability. Thats the exact reason I dont want him, we need somebody to have us fighting it out with Liverpool, Everton and Spurs again

Shoody I want a house with a pool and a Rolls outside....but it ain't gonna happen :)

well not with that attitude it won't :winkold:

Cant believe people have suggested Hughes because we need Mid-table stability. Thats the exact reason I dont want him, we need somebody to have us fighting it out with Liverpool, Everton and Spurs again

Shoody I want a house with a pool and a Rolls outside....but it ain't gonna happen :)

villaa.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quique Sanchez Flores won't be managing Atlético next year. Marca has reported that Luis Enrique and Atlético have struck a deal for him to be the next manager. I'm not a huge fan, my wife thinks he's fit, his aunt and great aunt are VERY famous flamenco artists, the players might actually respect him because he's a former footballer......

Your wife thinks he's fit? Isn't he the one who looks like Phil Brown? :shock:

I don't know much about him as a manager, don't really follow Spanish football too closely but considering I know of your connections to spanish football/footballers I like to think you know what you're on about.

Care to go into more detail about why you don't rate him YIM?

I follow a good bit of the Spanish and Portuguese leagues and Idk about this Flores fellow. He did win the Europa league with Atletico but aside from that I think they have underachieved with him abit. I mean looking at La Liga table, outside of the top 8, the most anybody is clear of relegation is 7 points, and Atletico sits in just 7th with what I think is a pretty talented squad. People look at our squad and say we massively underachieve right now...I see the same thing with Flores at Atletico. Over the years his team seems to do worse and worse in the league. If I was going for a Spanish/Portuguese manager, it would have to be the Porto boss for sure. We will never go for him but Villas Boas would bring the breath of fresh air and positivity we need around here.

Quique Sanchez Flores won't be managing Atlético next year. Marca has reported that Luis Enrique and Atlético have struck a deal for him to be the next manager. I'm not a huge fan, my wife thinks he's fit, his aunt and great aunt are VERY famous flamenco artists, the players might actually respect him because he's a former footballer......

I like Quique and he did a brilliant job at Getafe and Atletico last season bringing them from a terrible position to Europa League winners and Copa Del Rey final. Was unfairly fired at Valencia for the incompetent Ronald Koeman.

Not sure if he speaks English though

Your wife thinks he's fit? Isn't he the one who looks like Phil Brown? :shock:

I don't know much about him as a manager, don't really follow Spanish football too closely but considering I know of your connections to spanish football/footballers I like to think you know what you're on about.

Care to go into more detail about why you don't rate him YIM?

I follow a good bit of the Spanish and Portuguese leagues and Idk about this Flores fellow. He did win the Europa league with Atletico but aside from that I think they have underachieved with him abit. I mean looking at La Liga table, outside of the top 8, the most anybody is clear of relegation is 7 points, and Atletico sits in just 7th with what I think is a pretty talented squad. People look at our squad and say we massively underachieve right now...I see the same thing with Flores at Atletico. Over the years his team seems to do worse and worse in the league. If I was going for a Spanish/Portuguese manager, it would have to be the Porto boss for sure. We will never go for him but Villas Boas would bring the breath of fresh air and positivity we need around here.

I agree with most of that. His managerial record is quite inconsistent tbh. You can't be serious saying he looks like Phil Brown. He's a good looking guy (no gay). He speaks some English with his Hungarian model gf. A really nice guy, met him last year at a restarant. I worked a block away from Atleti's training ground in Majadahonda.

It would be a bold move...but hit ot miss in a big way with him. I don't see it...

I'd like to think that with all the weapons Atletico has that they'd be higher up the table. But then again other competent managers have failed with Atleti. Javier Aguirre, the previous manager, couldn't seem to get the job done either. The fickleness and lack of patience that Colchonero fans are famous for makes it tough on a manager.

Frank Rijkaard please!

He's exactly the type of manager we need. Familiar with the Premiership, success at massive clubs as player and manager.....young, hungry to prove himself in England, no doubt....

He'd be the type of manager who could persuade key players to stay, as well as attract top players from around the world.

Get Barry Fry in and chuck him £50 million. The summer would be entertaining to say the least.

He'd buy about 6,000 players with that budget

Exactly my point . VT would blow up.

Well given that the general (rather depressing) consensus is that finishing 7th next season would be considered some sort of achievement, if we are to change I hope that we go for a manager who is entertaining and flamboyant himself or has the ability to produce a flamboyant and entertaining team.

I'm beginning to like the idea of Bernd Schuster. OK the guy has a history of falling out with boards, falling out with the media and being an advocate of the Kevin Keegan book on defensive tactics. However, he's played at the highest level, managed at the highest level (last man to lead Real Madrid to a La Liga title), would command respect of the players, has a big enough name and reputation to attract new players and would undoubtedly set the team up to play an exciting, attacking brand of football. Plus, he's available!

Well given that the general (rather depressing) consensus is that finishing 7th next season would be considered some sort of achievement, if we are to change I hope that we go for a manager who is entertaining and flamboyant himself or has the ability to produce a flamboyant and entertaining team.

I'm beginning to like the idea of Bernd Schuster. OK the guy has a history of falling out with boards, falling out with the media and being an advocate of the Kevin Keegan book on defensive tactics. However, he's played at the highest level, managed at the highest level (last man to lead Real Madrid to a La Liga title), would command respect of the players, has a big enough name and reputation to attract new players and would undoubtedly set the team up to play an exciting, attacking brand of football. Plus, he's available!

So you're after someone who's entertaining , flamboyant , loose at the back and with the ability to attract athletic guys ? Fair enough, but this is the "potential new Villa manager thread " , not the last few pages of Attitude magazine. :winkold: