Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Steve Bruce is bigger than us. We won't attract him seeing as he did the double against us this season without his team even getting out of 1st gear.

:lol:

Hope you're joking... But with some of the posts you've made lately i really dont know!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Bruce is bigger than us. We won't attract him seeing as he did the double against us this season without his team even getting out of 1st gear.

:shock:

Although thinking about it his head is bigger than Villa Park so maybe this post is correct.

I'd prefer Steve Bruce to Houllier that's for sure. Potato Head has a much better record of bringing unknown talent to the Premier League and seeing them blossom than Gerard.

Some interesting comments from metkendrick on twitter this morning "GH fate as #avfc boss will be known within 2 weeks of the season ending. See full story in today's Birmingham Mail"

He also said a new manager would have to be in place late june early july IF gh were to be let go, now ill just be praying that is the case.

MM, do you think GH will go?

Honestly think it's 50/50 have heard nothing from Villa at all to suggest he is going but the decision could be taken out of their hands anyway .

Doesn't sound promising.

What about what the general said.

I'd like us to atleast try for a few managers maybe considered out of our reach in Van Gaal, Hiddink, Deschamps, Rikjaard. A cheeky punt for Villas-Boas [however unlikely]. Moyes wouldnt be a bad option (would hope he would change his training schedule slightly and learn how to rotate his squad though). Wouldnt say no to Jol or Coyle. I guess Lambert is an outside bet but we need experience after the season we've had.

Seems like Moyes is (by general consensus) the fans choice.

I do like Moyes, but I hope everyone calling for him will be happy enough with us spending the first 3 months of every season battling away at the bottom of the league.

What about what the general said.
If I was reading between the lines of what he said, I'd say they will all engineer an amicable split on health reasons because it is the almost expected outcome - regardless of whether he could have continued or not. No-one liked this season from top to bottom and we can't risk another one.

Just watching the premier league season review from last season on espn before I headed to work. How poor we have become! Moyes picked up great wins last season with everton. Would love him here but the man seems loyal.

If not making a decision until mid june - then it seems 100% down to the health of GH -Not results. How bad to results have to be ? we are likley to finish 2 places above the drop zone ...and that isn't considered bad enough to get a new manager.

Loosing faith in Randy - if this is the case.

If not making a decision until mid june - then it seems 100% down to the health of GH -Not results. How bad to results have to be ? we are likley to finish 2 places above the drop zone ...and that isn't considered bad enough to get a new manager.

Loosing faith in Randy - if this is the case.

And the players have been perfect all season.

Who's Mark Bowen?

Bowen began his coaching career while at Reading as Mark Hughes made him a member of his coaching staff for the Welsh national side. He then linked up with former Norwich team-mate Steve Bruce when he was manager first at Crystal Palace, then at Birmingham City. In 2002, under Bruce and Bowen's stewardship, Birmingham won promotion to the Premiership via the play-offs. Ironically, they won the final against Norwich City in a penalty shoot-out after the match had ended 1–1. Bowen remained at Birmingham for two more years before leaving in the summer of 2004.

Shortly afterwards in the autumn of 2004, Hughes made Bowen his assistant manager at Blackburn Rovers. After Nigel Worthington's sacking from Norwich City in October 2006, Bowen was the early favourite for the job, though Peter Grant was eventually appointed to the position. In June 2008 Bowen followed Hughes to Manchester City as assistant manager, and left the club with him in December 2009.[2] In August 2010 he again followed Hughes, to become Fulham assistant manager.[3]

Am I the only one not over the moon at the thoughts of Moyes coming in? You know what you're getting from him. Dour negative football, a team difficult enough to beat that will guarantee you a certain league position. Never in trouble and never doing much else. Does that sound familiar? I had that with MON. It was great at the time but we've been there already. I'd nearly rather go with someone with a little more flair about the game they try and play. Someone like Hughes. He has never done a bad job in management from Wales to Fulham. Obviously both are in employment, but if we were to nab one of them I'd just be a little underwhelmed by the prospects of Moyes in charge.