Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

MON to Return?? LOL

I'd have MON back.

As many have said, he's not likely to manage a bigger club than us after quitting like he did. So the best he can do is make amends.

I really think GH showed everyone how to deal in the transfer window, and he showed MON the kind of thing RL was asking for in the first place.

On the other hand, MON got results. If he can swallow a bit of pride and accept that he can't just be allowed to piss about with contracts and transfers, maybe RL would have him back.

All very unlikely, but I think it could work, especially if we keep GH to do the tranfers.

(Puts on tin hat...says **** it...throws away tin hat...Runs.)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, MON got results. If he can swallow a bit of pride and accept that he can't just be allowed to piss about with contracts and transfers, maybe RL would have him back.
Really can't see that happening. MON must be one of the most stubborn managers out there.

I'd never have him back for the way he **** us over. Sure he wanted to resign but why do it 5 days before the start of the season? It's not like the whole sell to buy thing was something that just suddenly emerged in August.

He's a tool. I know a lot of people see him as the victim in all this but I don't. We're the victims.

Really can't see that happening. MON must be one of the most stubborn managers out there.

I'd never have him back for the way he **** us over. Sure he wanted to resign but why do it 5 days before the start of the season? It's not like the whole sell to buy thing was something that just suddenly emerged in August.

He's a tool. I know a lot of people see him as the victim in all this but I don't. We're the victims.

Totally agree although its never ever going to happen so its not even worth discussing further but I totally agree with you anyway.

MON to Return?? LOL

I'd have MON back.

As many have said, he's not likely to manage a bigger club than us after quitting like he did. So the best he can do is make amends.

I really think GH showed everyone how to deal in the transfer window, and he showed MON the kind of thing RL was asking for in the first place.

All very unlikely, but I think it could work, especially if we keep GH to do the tranfers.

(Puts on tin hat...says **** it...throws away tin hat...Runs.)

So you'd bring O'Neill back again who shit all over us and put average players on whopping contracts. :shock:

Given how shit we have been under Houllier the new man coming in certainly has a great chance to bounce us up half a dozen places or so. Given the players we have its not beyond the realms we will find ourselves back in amongst the top half dozen teams in the country again come this time next year.

Vitally important the board make the right choice this time though.

Given how shit we have been under Houllier the new man coming in certainly has a great chance to bounce us up half a dozen places or so. Given the players we have its not beyond the realms we will find ourselves back in amongst the top half dozen teams in the country again come this time next year.

Vitally important the board make the right choice this time though.

The good players we have may be off in the summer, i think it will all depend on the type of manager that Randy appoints, if he **** up again i think we'll become a proper mid table team for years to come.

How about André Villas Boas? I know Porto are losing at the moment but from the sounds of it they have had an amazing season so far! Part of me wants an established manager but then part of me wants to take the risk with someone new and upcoming.

We simply can't afford the risk of someone like that and given Randy/Faulkner said when when replacing O'Neill that PL experience was a requirement I can't see that they will think different this time around. If we have to replace Houllier and I hope we do then it will be a fairly short list of managers and all will be more well known (in PL terms) names.

How about André Villas Boas? I know Porto are losing at the moment but from the sounds of it they have had an amazing season so far! Part of me wants an established manager but then part of me wants to take the risk with someone new and upcoming.
He'll have bigger offers than s, plus i can't see him leaving them yet.

We simply can't afford the risk of someone like that and given Randy/Faulkner said when when replacing O'Neill that PL experience was a requirement I can't see that they will think different this time around. If we have to replace Houllier and I hope we do then it will be a fairly short list of managers and all will be more well known (in PL terms) names.
Agreed. I still believe Martin Jol is a good shout for manager.

I quite rate him but I don't think he would be in the running or certainly not in the first couple of choices anyway.

I quite rate him but I don't think he would be in the running or certainly not in the first couple of choices anyway.

I think it will be him tbh, i think Randy did go for him when at Ajax.

I think it will be him tbh, i think Randy did go for him when at Ajax.

We will see :D

Hughes would be an average appointment for me

Has to be moyes... the bloke has worked wonders at everton on a shoestring budget even when he's had to sell his best players and brought through young talented ones like Rodwell he also has a knack of getting the best out of a small crop of players even when they are carrying alot of injuries. I also like the way he's willing to take a gamble on players fro m the lower leagues like jagielka who is now always around the england setup.

I think it will be Mark Hughes. I heard a rumour that we had him lined up when MON apparently wanted to leave after the Chelsea game but obviously he didn't leave.

Not a fan myself but it would be the easy option as apparently he's only on a one year deal at Fulham.