Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Yes your right the dutch league!! My bad. Although its no shite league when were considering Martin Jol on here is it? (Not aimed at you)

Thats fair enough if thats not what you were getting at, but I do get the general feeling, we are way to choosey.

Sam Allardyce, for example, would keep us up - That I have no doubt!!! But yet some people are worried about the football he plays. Well it cant get any worse, and Il take it over the championship anyday.

I agree, Allardyce would more than likely organise us and keep us up, he would be an excellent short term appointment. I would think he would get us back to a regular 6-8 finish every season, whether that would be good enough for us Villa fans is another question.

:)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes your right the dutch league!! My bad. Although its no shite league when were considering Martin Jol on here is it? (Not aimed at you)

Thats fair enough if thats not what you were getting at, but I do get the general feeling, we are way to choosey.

Sam Allardyce, for example, would keep us up - That I have no doubt!!! But yet some people are worried about the football he plays. Well it cant get any worse, and Il take it over the championship anyday.

I agree, Allardyce would more than likely organise us and keep us up, he would be an excellent short term appointment. I would think he would get us back to a regular 6-8 finish every season, whether that would be good enough for us Villa fans is another question.

:)

I dont want Sam, long or short term and I believe he's embraced retirement. We dont need another heart problem.

I couldnt give a flying **** monkey who the next manager is, because it wont even be on the boards agenda untill we get relegated. I guarantee it.

(I dont guarantee it, but it seems that way).

If Houllier is to leave, the only bloke i want as manager is Neil Warnock. He will get this team fighting again.

Barin in mind what Ive posted regarding being choosey - I pick my words very carefully.

Are you havin a laff???

If Houllier is to leave, the only bloke i want as manager is Neil Warnock. He will get this team fighting again.

I wouldn't want Neil Warnock, same way I wouldn't want Fat Sam. In the short term there are advantages but I wouldn't want us being under his reign for 4-5 years. I'd rather we went for somebody younger or somebody more established. The club showed their ambition in January with the money, if GH is sacked maybe Randy needs to show the same to convince somebody top class to come to VP

As i've said in another thread, Domingos Paciência (Braga's manager) could be the next manager of Villa. At least it was what i've heard in a portuguese forum.

Baring in mind you can read on an english forum that

Darren Bent is better than Wayne Rooney

Zinedine Zidane is not world Class

Angelos Charisteas is world class :D (I will get to it POB, promise)

and

That Gerard Houllier is doing a remarkable job

Id take that with a pinch of salt mate...........

Next Villa manager will probably look at the way the fans react to the team not performing as they - the fans - want and think 'Do I need that kind of abuse?'

of the last 4/5 managers only MO'N seemed to get away with and even then he had Moscow and the two Chelsea games last season to answer for.

DOL - abused.

Gregory - abused.

Little - abused.

GT(mk2) - abused.

We as fans do have quite a history of giving the manager grief even if only on the net and radio phone ins.

The same portuguese forums that stated we were signing Nuno Gomes, Veloso, Fernandes, Miguel, and some other random players. Anyway do you know what happened to Fernando Nelson our flamboyant Right Back.

Well, this forum is not like that. 8)

Wow Nelson :lol: He is retired now. I don't know anything about him for a few years (since 2004 +/-)

The same portuguese forums that stated we were signing Nuno Gomes, Veloso, Fernandes, Miguel, and some other random players. Anyway do you know what happened to Fernando Nelson our flamboyant Right Back.

would more than definitely take Veloso.

Next Villa manager will probably look at the way the fans react to the team not performing as they - the fans - want and think 'Do I need that kind of abuse?'

of the last 4/5 managers only MO'N seemed to get away with and even then he had Moscow and the two Chelsea games last season to answer for.

DOL - abused.

Gregory - abused.

Little - abused.

GT(mk2) - abused.

We as fans do have quite a history of giving the manager grief even if only on the net and radio phone ins.

Not just managers, I wonder if players would think twice about joining us, for the same reason.

Why would you want to go to a team where the home ground can be such a hostile place?

We need someone who has an undoubted knowledge of football!

We need someone who has passion and drive when it comes to Aston Villa!

We need someone who remains calm in difficult situations!

Where is Paulandonya??????

Which fans of other football clubs do you think are different?

DOL - abused.

Gregory - abused.

Little - abused.

GT(mk2) - abused.

Alan there is a difference between a bit of stick being dished out on a radio phone in, faceless letter to the paper and internet forum post.

Fulltime at VP on Saturday I saw the most hostile reaction to any Villa manager I've seen in 30 odd years of going.