Better or worse?

Pelle

Vote Now  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Vote Now

• Better
    • Worse
    • The same

Beating blues was a good day out and a fantastic atmosphere at villa park, however it doesn't cover over the fact that this seasons has been god awlful. Awlful performances and shocking results combined with having to listen and read some of the things the numpty of a manager has said makes this season worse.

We finished runners up 17 years ago.

Past is past I'm afraid.

Thanks for answering that one rich, a stupid point to say DOL is better than taylor because he finished 6th in his 1st season.

There's a couple of points to pick up on

First - whoever said this season is worse in part due to the pre-season expectation of something decent, well I disagree. My pre-season expectation was pretty much for the sort of shite season we're having.

Second, under GT we could at least win at home 11 times, I think, but we were abysmal away. This time we're only rubbish away, but at home are much worse.

Third - the playing squad. I don't think this season's is better at all. I'd say it's worse.

Fourth - Last time we were reliant on the last game of the season, at home to Sunderland to confirm our safety. This time our last game is at home to Sunderland, and we're not yet safe....

I think, personally, that this season has been mostly more dispiriting, but more because of the worse(ning) state of the club off the pitch.

There's a couple of points to pick up on

First - whoever said this season is worse in part due to the pre-season expectation of something decent, well I disagree. My pre-season expectation was pretty much for the sort of shite season we're having.

Second, under GT we could at least win at home 11 times, I think, but we were abysmal away. This time we're only rubbish away, but at home are much worse.

Surely it's more importsant to win your home games, at least from a commercial point of view.

Third - the playing squad. I don't think this season's is better at all. I'd say it's worse.

Surely not. We played a lot of that season with Dion in defence, and the decidedly unsprightly Allback up front. Chuck the likes of Crouch, Encks, UDLC, Kinsella and Leonhardsen into the mix and I strguggle to see what was better at all about it.

one of the most interesting seasons ever, full of contradictory results and performances, with an excellent double over Blues to show our friends accross the city that even with one of the worst injury lists in memory and a total lack of leadership from the Board we can still be betetr than them and several other clubs often used as examples to qualitify our level of success.

Sacked and then they got relegated. But it was arguably because of him they got relegated.

don't let the facts get in the way of a good snipe will you

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

No-one is saying beating Blues is the be all and end all. Its just that theres a shit season where you lose to Blues twice and finish below them, and a shit season where you beat them twice and finish above them.

The latter, in 2 very similar seasons, will be judged better on this factor imo, just like if we won at Old Trafford 6-0 in one of the seasons, its a deciding factor which enables you to decide one way or another, NOT the be all and end all nd don't put words into posters mouths.

Fair enough Dan, but I'd point to our worst ever start, getting absolutely thrashed stupid by Doncaster, and humbled by both West Ham and Wigan twice as pointers that this season is the worst ever. The table doesn't lie, and we've conceded 3 or more goals far too many times this season, inclusing twice to (much) lower division teams.

Risso - why do you class as losing to Wigan and West Ham as being the end of the world. Both teams have surprised a lot of other teams this year and have done very very well. OK we would like to have beaten them but again so would have others

I'll give you the expectation part as I said more money - which is certainly true - and I really did dread 02/03 due to our shocking run in after Gregory left and Angel being cold shouldered for Crouchio.

That said, the players in 02/03 were of a lesser calibre than this season but this season, some are seriously underperforming, imo.

I keep seeing this worst start thing - how long is the start to a season?

This season August and September's League results
Aston Villa 2-2 Bolton 13-08-2005
Man Utd 1-0 Aston Villa 20-08-2005
Portsmouth 1-1 Aston Villa 23-08-2005
Aston Villa 1-0 Blackburn 27-08-2005
West Ham 4-0 Aston Villa 12-09-2005
Aston Villa 1-1 Tottenham 17-09-2005
Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa 24-09-2005

W 1 D 3 L3 (2 against previous season's 1-2)[/code]
[code]2002/03 August and September's League Results
Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool 18-08-2002
Tottenham 1-0 Aston Villa 24-08-2002
Aston Villa 1-0 Man City 28-08-2002
Bolton 1-0 Aston Villa 01-09-2002
Aston Villa 2-0 Charlton 11-09-2002
Birmingham 3-0 Aston Villa 16-09-2002
Aston Villa 3-2 Everton 22-09-2002
Sunderland 1-0 Aston Villa 28-09-2002

W 3 D 0 L5 with a defeat against the previous season's runnersup, though losing against the side only bettered in being shite by their latest version too

one game more and two points

Â