Better or worse?

Pelle

Vote Now  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Vote Now

• Better
    • Worse
    • The same

wtf is this obsession with beating a small team down the road? it doesnt make a good season, its no guide at all. I'd rather finish 8th anf lose both games to sha. yes its nice to beat them but thats all, nice

It's simple really. Thats how low our expectations have ben FORCED down by Board and Manager.

Esp when he comes out with BS like "I have put this club back to top dogs of the midlands where the fans asked me to put it"

Tosser

wtf is this obsession with beating a small team down the road? it doesnt make a good season, its no guide at all. I'd rather finish 8th anf lose both games to sha. yes its nice to beat them but thats all, nice

You're right - it doesn't make for a good season.

It just contributes to this season being better than 02/03.

But why? statistically it isnt? so how can it be better?

Agree entirely with that. The pre-season expectations being so much higher makes it seem so bad.

The fact that it IS actually a worse season statistically doesn't help matters either!

that's the thing with stats you can switch em around all over the place to make things worse better. I know we've been poor at home yet lost the same number of games but better away winning not drawing games. With 3 games left we are 3 goals worse in the FOR column yet already worse in the against column.

Then there's the opposition thing that year the top 3 had 83 - 79 and 69 pts at the end of the season and they've already got 88 - 79 and 73 this with games left. Comparing seasons using the stats alone is tricky.

For me the overall football from this whole season is better than that I saw in 2002/03. The number of poor performances is too many, then again so is 1. But overall that season we were worse than this

But why? statistically it isnt? so how can it be better?

I was looking at it from all angles - not just statistically.

Statistically Phillips has been better than Angel this season. Was that argument accepted? Nope.

Agree entirely with that. The pre-season expectations being so much higher makes it seem so bad.

The fact that it IS actually a worse season statistically doesn't help matters either!

that's the thing with stats you can switch em around all over the place to make things worse better. I know we've been poor at home yet lost the same number of games but better away winning not drawing games. With 3 games left we are 3 goals worse in the FOR column yet already worse in the against column.

Then there's the opposition thing that year the top 3 had 83 - 79 and 69 pts at the end of the season and they've already got 88 - 79 and 73 this with games left. Comparing seasons using the stats alone is tricky.

For me the overall football from this whole season is better than that I saw in 2002/03. The number of poor performances is too many, then again so is 1. But overall that season we were worse than this

I have to say LV has summed it all up very nicely for me.

Worst ever start to a season, least home wins, least points total for a season. It's hard to twist, cold hard facts like that.

This season we've been humilated again and again, so on just about every level, this is far worse.

I can't be bothered to look at the results from back then, but I don't remember seeing as many truly appalling performances as we've had this season.

And again, if anyone thinks that beating Blues is the be all and end all, you've got the chairman and manager you deserve.

And again, if anyone thinks that beating Blues is the be all and end all, you've got the chairman and manager you deserve.

Don't think you'll find anyone who does Mart. And if they do then there's a good chance they are in school at this time

In my memory, 02/03 seems a lot worse. I think we hit lower lows in that season. But then, Doncaster (away) thrashed vs one of the best games I've seen Villa play at home to Liverpool. We lost but not as prostrate as in that game.

But the facts make this worse. More money spent preseason, better players in the squad (Kinsella, Leonhardsen, Allback, Crouch, an ageing Wright, Joey Gudjonsson, Dublin just past his best. Sorry. Its true. We have better players now)

If O'Leary is still as tactically and organisationally poor under a new board, will tunes change? I wouldn't mind giving him the chance, a period when he can't hide behind Ellis, just so that I can be sure.

I'd rather not get the chance to say "told you so". Where did he finish his last season at Leeds afer spending £100 million+ ?

Â