Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Well not the worst first half. Impressed with Gabby's finish showed a surprising amount of composure. Once again we conceded on a set piece, this is by far the worst part of GH's reign, we will continue to struggle this season until we spend the time sorting this out.

We really should have scored at least 2 and I hope our lack of effectiveness doesn't cost us.

Our final ball is becoming increasingly frustrating. We're playing some good stuff and then our final ball lets us down time and time again.

It is, our final ball is terrible and has been for a while. We've got into so many good positions as well, really frustrating. I think we'll do better 2nd half though as everyone tires and Downing and Young become even more of a threat.

Makoun looking class again.

We're not playing some bad stuff to be fair. Final ball has been poor though, and Gabby really isn't a winger. He can run and get into good crossing positions as well as anyone, yes, but what's the point of that if he then can't cross it?

Awful marking from the corner aswell. We knew Blackpool were dangerous from corners, we should have been even more alert.. they were totally asleep there.

This is going to be one of those frustrating games I fear. One were the goals look within reach, yet we never get them. I can see this being a draw or them snatching a win. The only way we can make sure this doesn't happen is if we start to cross the ball properly and get better service to Bent.

For anyone not watching...

Our movement if outstanding, quick passing, lots of nice runs.

Unfortunately our final ball has been utter toilet.

yep some of our interplay has been arsenal-esque

but its always in the wrong **** areas

i swear they are playing too fast for their own brains

i like what GH is trying to do with our passing but we are about as clinical as west ham in the final third...

and please get some service to Bent by CROSSING IT FIRST TIME!

and again, gabby can not do **** all on the left, 2 times now in 2 minutes the chance to cross, he cant because he has to check back, **** shit this is

But people want Young there, he cuts back too.

people want ypung there RATHER than gabby, i think most want downing on his proper side, young can play just in front of the midfield or on the right but dear **** god, gabby is not a **** left midfielder and downing is not a **** right midfielder

And Cueller wasn't a right back, Agbonlahor not a right mid, Luke Moore not a left mid, reo-Coker not a right mid, Mellberg not a right defender and so on.

Sometimes a manager has to make do till he can get what he wants and maybe he wants pace on the left but without losing Ash in the middle and if you are moaning about Gabby not crossing, Downing has been worse for a genuine winger.

Gabby played really well there first 45 mins, I am not going to bash him or the decision to play him there today because it has worked!

I can sum that up with one word

FRUSTRATING

Plenty of the ball, good bombing on. But the final ball into the box, has been utterly woeful. No point signing a strike rlike Bent and giving him no service

The corners have been woeful too. But we've still had a few chances and the spirit/effort is their in abundance.

You could have put your mortgage on them scoring from a corner. And I hope we restrict them to very few more

Its a classic 'in the balance' game. This could go either way

Wow, Charlie Adam really is a fat prick or a poor mans Gareth Barry if you like.

You mean the guy that put the wicked corner in for the goal and has generally done well 1st half??

Hes hardly had a touch to be fair. Hes so overrated its untrue.

Hardly had a touch? He set one up and almost set 2 more up, with better players around him, he'll be a better player. He's not worth 12m but he's easily worth 7m IMO.

I really don't understand what people see in Adam. He's a relatively big fish in a VERY small pond. I've watched him closely a few games now and he tries the "Hollywood" ball way too much and the majority of those passes are misplaced. Don't want him here.

Anyway.....Good half. Creating chances, need to be more clinical though. Defence holding well except the corner, but we are shit at defending corners.

Something pissed me off though....We nicked the ball of them in their final 3rd. Young had it, Bent was clean through centre of goal yet he chose to pass right to Downing and it came to a timid shot. Bent would have put it away 100%. We NEED to give Bent some service.

All in all, happy. Just need to score in the 2nd half, probably need 2 actually because they'll probably score too. 3-2 Villa :D

and again, gabby can not do **** all on the left, 2 times now in 2 minutes the chance to cross, he cant because he has to check back, **** shit this is

people want ypung there RATHER than gabby, i think most want downing on his proper side, young can play just in front of the midfield or on the right but dear **** god, gabby is not a **** left midfielder and downing is not a **** right midfielder

And Cueller wasn't a right back, Agbonlahor not a right mid, Luke Moore not a left mid, reo-Coker not a right mid, Mellberg not a right defender and so on.

Sometimes a manager has to make do till he can get what he wants and maybe he wants pace on the left but without losing Ash in the middle and if you are moaning about Gabby not crossing, Downing has been worse for a genuine winger.

Gabby played really well there first 45 mins, I am not going to bash him or the decision to play him there today because it has worked!

Please explain how it has worked. You think the goal means it has worked? He is clearly not a winger. He has not offered anything on the wing other than the goal. It's not his fault though as he is being played out of position. Gabby is not a bloody winger!

Wow, Charlie Adam really is a fat prick or a poor mans Gareth Barry if you like.

You mean the guy that put the wicked corner in for the goal and has generally done well 1st half??

There has to be more to a player than there corners you know... :lol:

Downing has been absolutely brilliantly at coming inside. Him and Walker have ripped them apart down our right.

Unfortunately, any cross with his right foot has just gone to nowhere. Bent must be quite frustrated.

Please explain how it has worked. You think the goal means it has worked? He is clearly not a winger. He has not offered anything on the wing other than the goal. It's not his fault though as he is being played out of position. Gabby is not a bloody winger!

Stretching the defence, scored a goal, direct play down the left.

Gabby is not a winger, like I mentioned about mellberg etc.