Tunisia, Egypt, Libya... Arab Countries in Revolt

Its disgusting end of. Akin to having the Nazi flag with you.

In sweden it is illegal to show the nazi flag in public, same with the nazi salute, alot of people has been arrested here for doing the nazi salute.

If it is an IS flag then I imagine the police will want to have words to find out why he is wearing it and so forth but if it's just (as i suspect) an ordinary Islamic flag that is widely used then leave the bugger alone.

Well you suspect wrong, fella. IS flag: 2rf3jg1.jpg IS flag: o7vpe9.jpg IS flag: 15yt892.jpg Normal Islamic flag containing the Declaration of Faith, used as flag of Jihad by Mohamed and more recently Al Qaeda, however clearly distinct from the Islamic State Flag which contains the circular white seal at its centre: 23jqvxy.jpg Hopefully that makes it a bit clearer for you? The guy is wearing an IS flag in central London and his daughter is also waving one, no question.

Considering my post was more about giving the guy the benefit of the doubt and saying if he is guilty of wearing it then the police should get involved then your hostility is hardly warranted is it mate. You speak like that to me on the street......

Edited by Ingram85

Calm down Rocky. I was genuinely trying to show you the difference and why what you suspected to be the case was not. Take that however you want, mate.

I'm having £100 on Awol. Nothing personal Ingram, just business...

I'm still waiting to find out from donnie what laws he would have invoked to arrest that man. I would suggest he should have been removed from the street for his and his daughters safety as much as anything else, but can't see as he has committed a crime. Incitement maybe? We have to be very careful using laws like that, our freedom of speech is much more valuable to us than any immediate need to remove some knob head wearing a silly flag from the streets.  

AWOL, just read it back and Ive blatantly misunderstood the tone of that. I completely apologise.

For the record I was going to put everything on you and then throw the fight - after checking the gallery to make sure you're not Marcelus Wallace.

• Like 2

It's the easily recognisable flag of Islamic State...

It may be 'easily recognisable' by you but that isn't necessarily universal.

I think you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of the islamic state flag tbh , I'm sure there are some people who don't watch the news or pickup a newspaper but there can't be many

not knowing who Thom Yorke is i can understand but not that flag

As for the bloke with a flag I'm surprised nobody had a pop at him but if he is going to be a clearing in the woods he should at least have the decency to leave his child out of it

I think you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of the islamic state flag tbh...

I think there's a vast difference between being aware of it (i.e. that they have a flag and that it's black with stuff written in arabic on it) and it being easily recognizable as that flag and no other.

So, no, not living under a rock at all.

my thoughts are that we should of paid for his flight over to syria and see how he would of liked life over there and see how he would of liked his daughter being sexually abused at some point but if he truly believes in isis then im sure it would not bother him. there is no difference here to walking around with a nazi flag or walking around with a banner which says p**** out, all of which are extremely offensive and have no place in this country. shocking but not surprising.

my thoughts are that we should of paid for his flight over to syria and see how he would of liked life over there and see how he would of liked his daughter being sexually abused at some point but if he truly believes in isis then im sure it would not bother him. there is no difference here to walking around with a nazi flag or walking around with a banner which says p**** out, all of which are extremely offensive and have no place in this country. shocking but not surprising.

I agree with most of that apart from the daughter being sexual abused by IS? Is this one of the conditions of living in the Islamic State? Your daughter must be sexually abused at some point in her life?

Also am I surprised this guy wasn't approached. Would I want him arrested? no. The same way I wouldn't want a guy carries a nazi flag or that other banner you mentioned arrested either. Be warned yes, arrested straight away? No.

I would however expect them to be ready for a good scrap. (Which I guess will lead us to all being arrested anyway).

I think you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of the islamic state flag tbh...

I think there's a vast difference between being aware of it (i.e. that they have a flag and that it's black with stuff written in arabic on it) and it being easily recognizable as that flag and no other.

So, no, not living under a rock at all.

yeah you are probably right it's not like they've been on the news almost daily for the past year or so 

social services should look into him for his daughters sake.

AWOL, just read it back and Ive blatantly misunderstood the tone of that. I completely apologise.

causing trouble again are you ingram  :)

but then again ive got no room to talk with my history.

I agree with most of that apart from the daughter being sexual abused by IS? Is this one of the conditions of living in the Islamic State? Your daughter must be sexually abused at some point in her life?

Also am I surprised this guy wasn't approached. Would I want him arrested? no. The same way I wouldn't want a guy carries a nazi flag or that other banner you mentioned arrested either. Be warned yes, arrested straight away? No.

I would however expect them to be ready for a good scrap. (Which I guess will lead us to all being arrested anyway).

sexual abuse is rife over there so imo she is at very high risk of being a victim of it, dont you think?

The right to offend is, thankfully, still legal in the UK. For how much longer I do not know.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â