Sony Vita topic

Chindie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfAk1A2bQo

It's a visual novel, which are ofc massively popular in Japan. I guess the closest things in the west would be games like The Walking Dead? Not in terms of story though, which is all dark and moody grrr

Picked this up and started playing it over the bank holiday. Amazing game - very hard to put down!

It's not going to be for everyone as it's more of an interactive story than a game (puzzles probably only make up 20% of the game) but the ability to switch through different choices is the hook.

You get to a certain point in the game and then are forced to go back and chose a different option to progress. However you now have a bit more insight into some of the characters and therefore their dialogue takes new meaning.

You get to a certain point in the game and then are forced to go back and chose a different option to progress. However you now have a bit more insight into some of the characters and therefore their dialogue takes new meaning.

Sounds very similar to they way I used to cheat with those choose-your-adventure books as a kid, always keeping my thumb on any 'choice' pages so I could flick back in case I made the wrong one.

I'm going to hell, aren't I?

Yeah - I'd often run out of fingers in some of the more complex Fighting Fantasy books (not mentioning the magic dice re rolls)

I did the equivalent in this game - I saved before the first 'moral' choice so I could go back... not realising that the game was designed that you are meant to play most of the choices anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfAk1A2bQo

It's a visual novel, which are ofc massively popular in Japan. I guess the closest things in the west would be games like The Walking Dead? Not in terms of story though, which is all dark and moody grrr

Picked this up and started playing it over the bank holiday. Amazing game - very hard to put down!

Pleased to hear it ^_^

The first game, 999, is much more of the same, but only on DS I believe

• 1 month later...

Question for P3te re PS vita Tv - can we expect any sort of patch for games that require the touch screen or whatever in the future, that aren't compatible now?

I'm going to get either a vita or vita tv, leaning towards vita at the moment, but there's definitely some games I want to play that aren't compatible at the moment. I read some supposing articles, but nothing official.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel really stupid for asking this, but anyone played Killzone on Vita? I recently bought the game but every time I load it I have to start from scratch.. I can not find a continue option. Spent 20 minutes first time around, then had to start a new game - played another 40 minutes just now, but after playing a bit of motogp went back to killzone and it seems I have to start all over again, again? Ive been through every menu option it seems to remember my stats from previous times but not the save..

Worked it out ^, there's no mid mission saves. You have to fully complete each mission before exiting the game, not looking forward to getting stuck towards the end of a mission meaning I cant play a different game until I keep trying to complete it or start the mission from the beginning again.

Having said that it's definitely one of the Vitas best games.

Shame Sony have pretty much said there'll be no more western AAA games for the device. Don't normally play Japanese games but hope they really bring some good stuff out. Can only dream of a Metal Gear game as that's the only Japanese game I really like.

• 3 weeks later...

Playstation TV confirmed for US @ $99 (~£60), EU @ E99 (~£80) and UK with no price yet. We all know that pretty much assures an RRP of £99, though. Will be available from 14th November, so price should be confirmed very soon I would imagine.

Edited by hogso

• 1 month later...

Think I am bored of my Vita :( hardly played with it recently, and there are no games which tickle my fancy :(

Have you checked out the extensive Japanese PSP back catalogue? Corpse Party, Fate/Extra, Trails in the Sky (etc) are all worth playing.

Â