Sony Vita topic

Chindie

PS+ has been the making of the vita imo. uncharted, gravity rush, lumines, wipeout, virtues last reward and mgs HD collection all for free is just fantastic. I'm loving NFS and assassins creed as well. What a handheld.

Oh and machinarium is out next week for £5.99

• Like 1

Yup, been playing it endlessly recently, VLR surprised me, still getting through the different scenarios :)

NFS and Assassins creed are also games I am playing and loving!

And Persona 4 has taken my life over. Help!

(And I am playing a lot of Ps1, PSP and other Vita games too, still on Everybodies Golf, Virtua Tennis (vita) is great fun, got that for £5, only game I have traded in is Fifa 13..

• 2 months later...

The games aren't great, although like you say, they are kids games.

I'd trade a few back in and use the voucher to get PS+, this month is the decent Unit 13 and the quite good Ninja Gaden +.

Then sit back and wait for a sale, I got Virtua Tennis for £5, COD £15, Lego Batman 2 (Vita) £10, LBP £15, F12011 £10, Everybody's Golf £10, Super Monkey Ball £5 and then after trading Fifa in for £20, I saw it for £12 a few months later and grabbed it back, just for my collection.

And as mentioned, PS+, I have a collection of about 15 games from that too.

The most I have paid is £35 for Persona 4!

Edited by dodgyknees

The games aren't great, although like you say, they are kids games.

I'd trade a few back in and use the voucher to get PS+, this month is the decent Unit 13 and the quite good Ninja Gaden +.

Then sit back and wait for a sale, I got Virtua Tennis for £6, COD £15, Lego Batman 2 (Vita) £10, LBP £15, F12011 £10, Everybody's Golf £10, Super Monkey Ball £5 and then after trading Fifa in for £20, I saw it for £12 a few months later and grabbed it back, just for my collection.

And as mentioned, PS+, I have a collection of about 15 games from that too.

The most I have paid is £35 for Persona 4!

I can't trade any of them since they're download only. But I'm getting a few extra games that are cheap.

I see, well they are worth having, Wipeout is good and I want to play the Ratchet and Clank game. Motorsport isn't your typical MS game, it is a top down racer with RC buggies, I got it and haven't played it too much, but you might enjoy it.

What sort of games do you like?

It's a decent deal but you're going to have to do some memory management with that card - 8gb is going to feel a little pokey pretty quickly, especially when you've got 10 downloads to get on with immediately - some Vita games are fairly large files (not necessarily those in the bundle but you may want to download others, especially if you go with the PS+ membership, in which case you're going to be shuffling things around and deleting and redownloading a fair bit).

Saying that, it's probably not bad to get you going. I understand availability on that bundle has been a little bit of an issue so don't be surprised if you have to shop around a bit to pick it up, the problem seems to be the bundle pack was fairly short supplied, at least initially.

The prices of the memory cards is ridiclous, they are small and fill up very quickly.

A hitachi 500gb hard drive for ps3 cost £35 yet that wouldnt even pay for a 16gb PSvita card.

Overall I love the vita but do find it iritaing deleting and redownloading games all the time, blackberry managed to stick a 64gb hdd in their similar sized playbook, shame sony felt they wanted to make more money by ripping people off on their non standard sized cards.

shame sony felt they wanted to make more money by ripping people off on their non standard sized cards.

It wasn't to rip people off, it was an anti-piracy measure which has worked quite well so far. The price is a bit ridiculous though, memory should be cheap as chips these days

• 1 month later...

Just got my 2nd platinum trophy, Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, probably more so than the PS3 Uncharted games. I wasnt expecting it to be a full on game, thought it would be more like the size of your average DLC type add on content.

Struggling to find the next game to play now though, still not that much available. Assasins Creed Liberation any good?

Can't wait for Batman Blackgate

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, probably more so than the PS3 Uncharted games. I wasnt expecting it to be a full on game, thought it would be more like the size of your average DLC type add on content.

Struggling to find the next game to play now though, still not that much available. Assasins Creed Liberation any good?

Liberation is boring. A watered down AC game.

Persona 4 is the way to go...

Slimer, lighter PS Vita confirmed for release in JP before the end of the year, but the more interesting news today is the 'PS Vita TV'. It let's you hook up the Vita to your TV via HDMI and allows use of dualshock 4, as well as being able to stream PS4 to a separate device. It's a tiny thing, measuring 6x10cm, and retails at the equivilent of ~£60.

I'd love a bundle with that, the slim Vita, and PS4 next summer.

They're patching it for DS4 on PS4 launch

WIPEOUT!

Â