Sony Vita topic

Chindie

A fantastic choice Gareth.

Lets start with a few of the features of the Vita;

Screen. OLED. A work of art, easily the greatest handheld screen of all time. The Olof Mellberg beard of handheld screens. Don't buy the new OLEDless version.

Playstation-Vita-3.jpg

The headphone socket. Don't want to interupt your missus whilst she's watching some ITV shit like Splash! ? Then plug your headphones into the intelligently placed headphone socket.

P2211345-580-90.JPG

You can also notice in the above picture that there is an SD card slot. You can only fit an official SD card from Sony, or should I say $ony. Models range from 4GB - 64GB, prices from £10 - £60 depending on how much you want to get ripped off by.

Games. 

204450_front.jpgasrtvita.jpggravity-rush-20111122101812139.jpgVITA-Uncharted-Box-art.jpgtearaway-400x400-imadna4k8gzekexz.jpeg

PS Plus. You have to sign up to PS Plus to make this awesome purchase even more awesome. Free games (if you forget that you paid £30 in the first place) every month = happy. 

playstation-plus1.jpg

Gimme that paint now.

• Like 2

Hmm, bit torn now.  I'm not a massive graphics fiend by any stretch of the imagination, and having no prior experience with the Vita I'll have no frame of reference for OLED vs LCD whereas stuff like internal memory, battery life and non-proprietary charging cables does appeal.

Are you putting on a gig for people on Benefits?

Either way, I think me and DK win the competition. We should both get a paint job, maybe me giving him the Postma treatment.

You can have the paint job if that is the case lol ;)

And benefit gigs, I'm off to benefit street ;)

Went for the Slim bundle with the sports/racing games and Game's 'Starter Pack' gubbins, with about £50 off from reward card points and various trade-ins.  Though for some reason they wouldn't take Max Payne 3, but this actually worked out quite well as it necessitated a trip to CEX (who did take it) to get a second-hand memory card, where I also found a copy of Speedball 2 for the Mega Drive gathering dust in a corner.  Feck yeah!

As this has put me in a rather good mood, you can both have an MS Paint commission. :thumb:

And *serious face* thanks for all the help everyone :thumb:

Edited by GarethRDR

The vast majority wont care but MLB14 is a cracking game. The hitting mechanics seem to be a lot easier than MLB13 (just turn the pitching speed slider down to the minimum)

At £24 it's well priced compared to other new games.

Sorry to be annoying, but can anybody give me some more pointers? 

I want something for fun, portable gaming. Nothing too serious, mainly to just pass time whilst traveling and such. So, game recommendations, accessory price recommendations? 

What would be a 'good' price for a Vita? Thanks for the heads up on that pack btw VR123 but I don't really like the look of those games :( 

Â