Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun is class, anyone who disagrees is obviously anti Houllier. You can tell he is a lot better than anything else we have in midfield, some of the one touch through balls into space he made yesterday were quality and it's not his fault Petrov is so slow and negative minded that he has to track back just incase. If we had a CDM in midfield who could work next to him, similar to NRC, he would be allowed to play the game he wants, not sit back and protect Petrov.

I'm not anti-Houllier. But neither am I anti-Petrov. Time will tell but I'm yet to be convinced that Makoun is any better than Bannan.

In that case you should watch the last few games. Nothing more to be said.

I've seen them, thanks for the advice. That's how I came to my opinion. Nothing more to be said.

Ah, well. There was me thinking you hadn't. Easy mistake to make.

Makoun is class, anyone who disagrees is obviously anti Houllier. You can tell he is a lot better than anything else we have in midfield, some of the one touch through balls into space he made yesterday were quality and it's not his fault Petrov is so slow and negative minded that he has to track back just incase. If we had a CDM in midfield who could work next to him, similar to NRC, he would be allowed to play the game he wants, not sit back and protect Petrov.

I'm not anti-Houllier. But neither am I anti-Petrov. Time will tell but I'm yet to be convinced that Makoun is any better than Bannan.

In that case you should watch the last few games. Nothing more to be said.

I've seen them, thanks for the advice. That's how I came to my opinion. Nothing more to be said.

Ah, well. There was me thinking you hadn't. Easy mistake to make.

Easy mistake to make.... that makes my day :crylaugh:

Jean II Makoun relished the experience of his home debut against Fulham - but is determined to taste the feeling of victory at Villa Park.

It was the Cameroon midfielder's second experience of his new home ground, having been paraded in front of the claret and blue faithful before the 1-0 win over Manchester City.

But he was delighted to finally enjoy his first match action at the famous venue - even though Villa couldn't hold on for all three points against the Cottagers.

Makoun felt a draw was a fair result on reflection, with both sides having opportunities.

"It was great to play my first game at Villa Park," he told AVTV. "It was a decent match but I am hoping in the future it is going to be even better.

"It was a balanced game. They had their opportunities and we had ours too but it was an equal game.

"I heard the atmosphere once before against Manchester City and I enjoyed it again this time."

The former Lyon man insists he has settled in well at his new club - and is particularly pleased with the relationship he has forged with midfield colleague Stiliyan Petrov.

But now his main focus is to help Villa earn some victories to move up the Barclays Premier League table.

"We get on very well," he added. "Our relationship is going very well but now we need to win some games.

"I am settling in, feeling happy and I am hoping now we are going to win some matches."

http://tinyurl.com/5tfcwzp

Who the **** are Collins and Dunne, how many **** ups have they made? I'd say even with the Dempsey goal, they should be picking up their men!

TBF there is only really Brad who can be blamed for that goal. There is no way on earth Dempsey should out jump Friedel.

In my own opinion i thought he played fantastic on saturday,every single pass bar one or two in the second half went to a teamate,i would be very interested to see his stats % for how many completed passes he had throughout the game.His performance did though drop off late in the second half though,especially after the two footed lungue he was wrongly cautioned for.I'm very happy that he is with us :)

I'm still yet to see him play a full game, I wasn't at the game on Saturday and the highlights didn't reveal much. But my 2 mates who went to the game, and who's opinions I respect, were very very complimentary of Makoun.

His one touch passing is the best i can remember seeing at Villa, bar none. Different sort of passing to Merse who had more vision and a greater range but i'd say he is the best passer since him. I think the passes that went astray were when he was under pressure and there was little movement and he was forced to choose between a hoof or attempting a risky pass....personally i'm glad he opted for the latter in those circumstances.

Very good positional sense and composure but did look a little lightweight and lost some 50-50 tussels.

So perhaps not the out and out defensive midfielder i was hoping for but vastly superior passing ability and generally a player with a good footballing head.

Ideally I would pair him with a player who can win the ball, exchange passes and burst forward with the space his passes find. That's Delph (long term) or Reo-Coker (short term) for me.

His one touch passing is the best I can remember seeing at Villa, bar Gordon Cowans.
Fixed.

I watched Saturday's game and he was one of the few redeeming features. I believe somebody has compared him to Essien. Dunno about that - against Fulham, J2M couldn't tackle to save his life.

But boy, could he pass. Almost every one straight to the feet of a teammate, time after time, after time.

Pity they didn't know what to do with it.

I can't see him sticking around long, sadly - one of the CL teams will be after him soon.

Ideally I would pair him with a player who can win the ball, exchange passes and burst forward with the space his passes find. That's Delph (long term) or Reo-Coker (short term) for me.

I have to agree with that. We will have to see how Bradley fits in also. I had wondered if GH would sub Stan with NRC around the 65 minute mark before Walkers goal so we will also have to wait and see if NRC gets a chance to play with JM soon.

Since GH has indicated that he wants to rotate players, that could happen.

Be very interesting to see who GH buys in the summer. Someone to compliment Makoun could give us a very dangerous, direct midfield where we seem to have been relying too much on the widemen of late.

His one touch passing is the best I can remember seeing at Villa, bar Gordon Cowans.
Fixed.

I watched Saturday's game and he was one of the few redeeming features. I believe somebody has compared him to Essien. Dunno about that - against Fulham, J2M couldn't tackle to save his life.

But boy, could he pass. Almost every one straight to the feet of a teammate, time after time, after time.

I can't see him sticking around long, sadly - one of the CL teams will be after him soon.

His only played 3 games and your on about him leaving us already!!!

Fixed.

You sure Mike? I remember Cowans being similar to Merse in range and quality rather than one touch quick play.

That said its just a shade outside my era so i'll bow to your superior memory...i think :)

Fixed.

'Fraid so. I just have a bad feeling about it.

Fixed.

You sure Mike? I remember Cowans being similar to Merse in range and quality rather than one touch quick play.

That said its just a shade outside my era so i'll bow to your superior memory...i think :)

No, you have a point. I just can't bear to admit that anyone could do anything better than Sid!

I can see Wenger sniffing around him in the summer if he carries on playing like this. He has been credited with having an interest in him before. Now he is proving he can do it in the prem, i think Wenger could renew his interset.

Hop to god he doesnt because he is class. But thats the problem. He could go to Arsenasl and fit right into that team. He is an Arsenal type player in the way he plays. He is a bit too good for us at this moment in time to be honest.

Â