Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I find it utterly utterly baffling that a player that has contributed absolutely nothing to the club in his time here continues to be the subject of so much debate.

Almost 300 pages about a player that has made a grand total of 12 appearances in our colours I mean seriously he really doesn't warrant it.

He has no future here, yes the situation in relation to his work permit seems a little odd but the only reason anyone should care about it is because it could impact on our ability to get rid of him.

A total and utter waste of money I can't wait for him to be gone.

Thisity this this

He has no future here, yes the situation in relation to his work permit seems a little odd but the only reason anyone should care about it is because it could impact on our ability to get rid of him.

It may impact on our ability to get rid of him in the sense that other clubs may think he's trouble but I suspect only in a minor way.

I'm fairly sure (unless the club is run by the chimps at a typewriter) that its fairly likely that we would still retain his registration but wouldn't have to pay him (he really should be in breach of contract.) We probably will continue to pay him up until the transfer deadline as we're likely to keep the pretence going until then. After that point there is little point in paying him

I find it utterly utterly baffling that a player that has contributed absolutely nothing to the club in his time here continues to be the subject of so much debate.

Almost 300 pages about a player that has made a grand total of 12 appearances in our colours I mean seriously he really doesn't warrant it.

A total and utter waste of money I can't wait for him to be gone.

Oh come on! The jumpers alone warrant 299 pages even if there's nothing else.

There isn't.

:)

I met him once and complimented his jumper.

"Beholden gratitude for your approbative locutions of my humble habiliment, my congenial comrade"

He replied.

I thought I didn't know I had to provide you proof, but I think the main reason your calling him the biggest waste is due to GH buying him and nothing more! I see Hutton, Beye as bigger wastes but hey can't be done with this debate! Also search on VT for original Makoun thread or it may even be this when fans even stated GH said it was 5million Euros!

Between £3 - £5m - 7 Games and looking increasingly likely to depart without us getting a fee - puts him right up there IMO.

He s let everyone at the club down - even after he didn't appear for pre season - there will still plenty of fans who reckoned he would kickstart his villa career - by playing a key role in a midfield short on talent. People pleaded for him to be given a chance - it seems he just wasn't interested.

I don't mind footballers being rich, most of em earn more in a week than I do in a year - fair play to them - I would do the same. What I can't excuse is the likes of Makoun who appears not to give a toss about the supporters who spend there hard earned cash to watch them play.

...and before you say 'we don't know all the facts'..... I am working on the balance of probability

What an absolute load of tosh, how is it his fault for letting the club down? Who sent him out on loan because he wasn't needed? He could have done. Beye and said no its okay I don't want to move, and ate the wages at VP? Beye was actually wanted by clubs in France on loan but he refused to go because of pay cut he's on record of saying it too! Also if we're going on worst signings, I know it's a loan but then Jenas is a complete waste, we were paying his wages while he was talking about his love for Spurs! Makoun had only been in the UK for a total of say 6months before we sent him to Greece, so I dont know how you've come to the conclusion he's drying us out, plus how do you know what he thinks? Are you a psychic? I am defending the fact he's the worst buy, when he's only played 7 games, ask yourself this have you seen Hutton have any good games?

The jumpers alone warrant 299 pages even if there's nothing else.

There isn't.

:)

I met him once and complimented his jumper.

"Beholden gratitude for your approbative locutions of my humble habiliment, my congenial comrade"

He replied.

I'm sure a few lessons could teach the **** some English.

Seven Cameroonian athletes have disappeared while in Britain for the Olympics, officials said.

David Ojong, the head of the Cameroon delegation, said five boxers, a swimmer and a female football player had been missing since the weekend.

The reason for their disappearance is not known, amid some reports that they wanted to stay in the UK for economic reasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19167033

If only Makoun was as excited to be in the United Kingdom as these fellow Cameroon athletes are!

Has he said anything himself? (We'd need a translator it seems if he has) Or just remained quiet? I suppose it probably wouldn't be the best idea to release any comments and he may have been told not to.

He's one of those players that's going to be a great squad player in a Champions League side when he leaves us, completely out of the blue. Still, no idea why this bloke is still on the books to be honest.

I think his champions league days are well behind him now.

I would guess he is still on the books in the hope that someone wants him for around £1m. A players that goes AWOL won't attract any type of bid - I suspect the club may want to keep this under wraps. We hold his registration for a couple more seasons so he can't just turn up and play for anyone else.

Really curious to see how this one resolves itself.

so if you were pushed, even with the little knowledge we have -

Do people think he's staying?

Do people want him to stay?

I'll say yes to both.

No and really can't see the point

I see a point in keeping unless we buy a similar type of player to him.

We would miss a defensive minded midfielder who both protects the back and offer them a pass.

I know Bannan played this role in pre-season but Makoun is more suited to it.

But Makoun didn't have an effect - pretty much at all throughout last season? He didn't play the majority of games - wouldn't you rather give the role to Herdy? He's a defensive midfielder, and will **** 'av anyone!

He's one of those players that's going to be a great squad player in a Champions League side when he leaves us, completely out of the blue. Still, no idea why this bloke is still on the books to be honest.

I think his champions league days are well behind him now.

Sorry, completely forgot we bought him off Lyon...!

Â