Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought last summer that we would lose our manager, bring in GH, be in the relegation zone, go forever not signing anyone (besides Ireland) and then all of a sudden sign a £18-24million striker!

24 flippin million is mental for Bent. I know it's spread over months and with add ons and what not, but he's really not worth that sort of money. £24m should get you a Tevez/Drogba/Torres/Dzeko - i.e. world class talent from abroad. Not that I'm really complaining because it's not my money! We are finally getting a proven goalscorer and someone who can single handedly get us the goals we need.

“Aston Villa are having a few problems at the minute, but finished sixth three years on the bounce. They strike me as a real top club. Going out and spending that kind of money is what top clubs do and they expect to be up near the top not near the bottom.”

Some folk should take note.

Yep, that was what took most notice of in that article. Good words from McCarthy. And even if he calls Makoun french, he meight be right that he'll get a bit of a shock of how tough the PL is. It might take a few games for him to settle, and I hope we give him that time. I think he will settle in the end.

Has his search for additional outside investment paid off to an extent, that he feels we can now play in the big boys league?

This has seriously crossed my my mind!

Ok I have had to have to to let this deal settle in and let the erection subside but this is my view.

Yes it is over the odds but remember when everyone was screaming that we had paid over the odds for Young? The market is getting out of hand and shows no sign of slowing down so by next season depending on on how Bent does this may be seen as a real good buy.

Villa fans Moaning that he is over priced:

Listen we as fans have moaned in the past that we would never be in for players of this type of money, the fact that this could be more pricey than what Man City paid for Milner is a big sign of intent and has not only shocked the Villa Fans but brought the press to sighs of disbelief "But they have no money" "they aren't in London" etc etc but leave them to plan or failure and embrace this moment because player apart this shows that maybe we can compete. Let him spend what he wants as long as we can see some success on the pitch I will be happy. THIS IS BENT! A PROVEN GOAL SCORER! NOT CASCARINO! :lol: It has been so long since we had a 20 goal a season man :winkold:

Other clubs moaning he is over priced:

Simple one! Jealous! you only had to look at the SMA forums to see that they were thinking that they were about to overtake us ambition and investment wise and this has just **** a red strapped ball in their mouths and **** them up the arse with a claret and blue strap on :lol:

Sunderland fans:

Can't blame them for resenting him and finding excuses to slag him off and already planning his failure. We all know how good he is so leave them to their drama.

All in all a great purchase of a goal scorer that we have been waiting for for far too long.

Richard, this must have pleased you more than anyone as you have led the charge against the lack of investment like this so I reckon RL must have read your "meassage to Randy "thread :lol:

who cares we will be the best team ever to be relegated :D

In all seriousness.. im still more excited by the Jean Makoun signing. We been crying out for a quality midfielder for a while now. Milner was the closest thing we had to a box to box midfielder who can start attacks and defend.

Makoun could really be something.

I think some people need to calm down and stop giving it the "big club" billy big bollocks routine. Us signing Darren Bent for a fee in the region of £20 million pounds is a statement of intent, but it's nothing to do with us being a "big club". This is all Randy's doing and don't you forget it.

This is a statement of intent from Randy Lerner, nobody else.

Before you start flipping Holloway the v's and asking him "Who's a half-arsed club now?" remember that we're incredibly lucky to have an owner like Randy Lerner.

This signing has given me a small taste of what it must be like to be a Man City fan. Fair play to them, this is exciting! I'm not going to start getting ideas above my station though and go around branding us a "big club" that's "back" because our owner has decided to splurge some cash.

On a more positive note however, WA-HOO! What a signing this will be! Exactly what we need. Someone to stick the ball into the back of the net. We've been crying out for this for years.

AVFC

24 flippin million is mental for Bent. I know it's spread over months and with add ons and what not, but he's really not worth that sort of money. £24m should get you a Tevez/Drogba/Torres/Dzeko - i.e. world class talent from abroad. Not that I'm really complaining because it's not my money! We are finally getting a proven goalscorer and someone who can single handedly get us the goals we need.

Name me one of those listed that would come to Villa? :winkold:

Re the price. I agree it is a huge amount. But as a calculated investment compared to the cost of relegation, and then to provide the missing piece to help us push higher than 6th in future seasons I think it a fantastic bit of business.

If Bent has been banging them in for Sunderland (up until last few games) just think of how many he could score with the service from Marc, Downing and Ash? And the increased ticket sales suggest others may be excited about htis.

This is more than a statement of intent it is an absolutely inspired business decision.

I think some people need to calm down and stop giving it the "big club" billy big bollocks routine. Us signing Darren Bent for a fee in the region of £20 million pounds is a statement of intent, but it's nothing to do with us being a "big club". This is all Randy's doing and don't you forget it.

Before you start flipping Holloway the v's and asking him "Who's a half-arsed club now?" remember that we're incredibly lucky to have an owner like Randy Lerner.

Put it this way, then:

When Randy came looking for a club to buy, who did he go for? Blackpool or Aston Villa?

Name me one of those listed that would come to Villa? :winkold:

And if they did come, we'd be paying them £150k+ every week.

it's a huge fee, but bent will be much cheaper in the long term, imo.

Has his search for additional outside investment paid off to an extent, that he feels we can now play in the big boys league?

This has seriously crossed my my mind!

Ok I have had to have to to let this deal settle in and let the erection subside but this is my view.

Yes it is over the odds but remember when everyone was screaming that we had paid over the odds for Young? The market is getting out of hand and shows no sign of slowing down so by next season depending on on how Bent does this may be seen as a real good buy.

Villa fans Moaning that he is over priced:

Listen we as fans have moaned in the past that we would never be in for players of this type of money, the fact that this could be more pricey than what Man City paid for Milner is a big sign of intent and has not only shocked the Villa Fans but brought the press to sighs of disbelief "But they have no money" "they aren't in London" etc etc but leave them to plan or failure and embrace this moment because player apart this shows that maybe we can compete. Let him spend what he wants as long as we can see some success on the pitch I will be happy. THIS IS BENT! A PROVEN GOAL SCORER! NOT CASCARINO! :lol: It has been so long since we had a 20 goal a season man :winkold:

Other clubs moaning he is over priced:

Simple one! Jealous! you only had to look at the SMA forums to see that they were thinking that they were about to overtake us ambition and investment wise and this has just **** a red strapped ball in their mouths and **** them up the arse with a claret and blue strap on :lol:

Sunderland fans:

Can't blame them for resenting him and finding excuses to slag him off and already planning his failure. We all know how good he is so leave them to their drama.

All in all a great purchase of a goal scorer that we have been waiting for for far too long.

Richard, this must have pleased you more than anyone as you have led the charge against the lack of investment like this so I reckon RL must have read your "meassage to Randy "thread :lol:

Great post!

This signing has given me a small taste of what it must be like to be a Man City fan. Fair play to them, this is exciting! I'm not going to start getting ideas above my station though and go around branding us a "big club" that's "back" because our owner has decided to splurge some cash.

On a more positive note however, WA-HOO! What a signing this will be! Exactly what we need. Someone to stick the ball into the back of the net. We've been crying out for this for years.

AVFC

Who's to say this money isn't from the Milner deal?

Put it this way, then:

When Randy came looking for a club to buy, who did he go for? Blackpool or Aston Villa?

Good point well made. I know what you're saying but that's not really what I'm getting at. All I'm trying to get across is that this is similar to what Man City did with us and Milner, and some of the comments people are making don't really sit right with me.

But **** it, who cares :lol:

UTV