Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW - I don't think we's worth the money - I think he's overrated, but that's not too important at the moment, for me what this signing says is that we're a big club and no one should forget it. After MON leaving peopel began to doubt us. MON pissed money away right left and centre, and thought he was bigger than the club. That's why eh's gone and good riddance too.

I don't want to hear the negativity -it's been way OTT, I do however enjoy listening to things like this (Mick McCarthy):

They strike me as a real top club. Going out and spending that kind of money is what top clubs do and they expect to be up near the top not near the bottom.”

This! Using the word "Expect" as well - this is what we should be doing raising expectation.

Randy has a vision, and I believe he will get Aston Villa where he wants to see them. I for one am going to enjoy the ride!

www.sportinglife.com

SUNDERLAND CONSIDER VILLA BENT BID

Sunderland have still to formally accept Aston Villa's bid - believed to be around £18million - for striker Darren Bent.

*/Bent is understood to be in the midlands waiting for the go-ahead to start negotiating personal terms with Villa and to undergo a medical./*

Sources close to Villa say they are "hoping to complete the final pieces" of the deal in the next 24 hours but also warned "nothing is simple".

But indications from the Black Cats are that Villa's bid, which could eventually rise to £24million with add-ons, has still to be given the green light although that may change later.

Bent's arrival would smash Villa's previous transfer record of £12million paid for James Milner and Stewart Downing when signing from Newcastle and Middlesbrough respectively.

Villa boss Gerard Houllier has already spent £6million during the current transfer window on Lyon midfielder Jean Makoun.

He also retains an interest in Blackpool skipper Charlie Adam despite having two bids rejected.

Bent has scored 81 Premier League goals in the last five seasons - a figure only bettered by Didier Drogba and Wayne Rooney with 82 apiece.

It is understood Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, although disappointed to be losing a striker of Bent's quality, is keen for any move to Villa to go ahead sooner rather than later.That will give him sufficient time to bring in a replacement before the transfer window closes in just under a fortnight.