415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing like Little's reign i'm afraid to say, we were declining under big Ron, he got fired. Little come in and in that season we managed some excellent victories but this season we don't have no fight or desire, we have a manager who keeps going on about morale of the side, **** the morale, get them winning matches, if you can't shut the bloody door on your way out.

this reminds me of the first few months of Brian Littles reign........... we had some shocking performances, only just scraped staying up - but managed to hang on until the summer, where he sacked off the deadwood, got his own players in to play his way and the rest was history......... I think itll happen with Houllier given the backing...........

The difference with Little was that he took over a team, in November, that was already in the relegation spots and succeeded in keeping them up.

Houllier has masterminded (ha!) this teams descent to the drop zone and is struggling to arrest the slide he is responsible for.

Indeed, If Randy wants this team in the prem next season he has to act fast imo, GH should be gone now so we have time to bring in a manager and he has time to bring in one or two new faces to keep us up...

Is it that bad we are reminiscing about Doug now?
No, just saying that he'd do a better job of hiring and firing than Randy would imho.

What is it with the whole Randy hate thing? He's the best thing to happen to this club in years!

we have a manager who keeps going on about morale of the side, **** the morale, get them winning matches, if you can't shut the bloody door on your way out.

There are no ifs about it sadly. Simple facts are that he can't get us winning matches. 3 wins in 16 league games. We haven't won two games on the bounce since he game in. Amazingly enough the longer he stays the worse he does.

This is nothing like Little's reign i'm afraid to say, we were declining under big Ron, he got fired. Little come in and in that season we managed some excellent victories but this season we don't have no fight or desire, we have a manager who keeps going on about morale of the side, **** the morale, get them winning matches, if you can't shut the bloody door on your way out.
This imo is way worse than out last season under DOL, atleast GH has some decent players DOL had very little to work with when you compare the two sides, it really shows how bad a manager GH really is imo.

randy is no better than ellis hes just got a great pr machine behind him, like most yanks

for me, weve not signed anyone that we wouldnt have done under ellis, infact in ellis' time weve made more high-profile signings that we ever have under lerner, the players weve signed under lerners stewardship arent any different than we would have got under ellis, theyve just cost shitloads more dosh cos hes a billionaire.....

oh, at least weve got some stainglassed windows, the odd free scarf and a swimming pool at bodymoor......... great !

randy is no better than ellis hes just got a great pr machine behind him, like most yanks

for me, weve not signed anyone that we wouldnt have done under ellis, infact in ellis' time weve made more high-profile signings that we ever have under lerner, the players weve signed under lerners stewardship arent any different than we would have got under ellis, theyve just cost shitloads more dosh cos hes a billionaire.....

oh, at least weve got some stainglassed windows, the odd free scarf and a swimming pool at bodymoor......... great !

i just choked on my coffee

Is it that bad we are reminiscing about Doug now?
No, just saying that he'd do a better job of hiring and firing than Randy would imho.

What is it with the whole Randy hate thing? He's the best thing to happen to this club in years!

I dont hate him, im just a little pee'd off that he appointed such a useless rocket polisher as our manager, and for that reason i wouldn't trust him to do it again, it doesn't matter anyway as he wont have the bottle to sack the old fool.. another thing with Randy is why didnt he have the balls to get a manager from another club, to much of the mr nice guy i think..

Its supporters like you that make me not care about football as much as i used to.

Piss off and support Man City will you!

dont forget the fancy tiles on the Holte..tbf, Randy has done lots of great things for this club, but i think he has failed in some areas also. and to some fans he really can do know wrong..

I was willing to give Houllier time, but that is fast running out for me. What worries me is our inability to see a game out to the end, how many times have we conceded late goals this season? We have won three league games that I remember. A late narrow win against Wolves, a late narrow win against a much changed Blackpool, and a narrow win against WBA that we almost threw away at the death. None of the wins have been convincing, and there have been many more dreadful abject performances. Look at our goal difference, it is one of a relegation team. We are currently the worst team in the Premiership on current form, and I see no way of Houllier turning it around. If I was in charge of Villa then my finger would be twitching on the trigger.

It's unthinkable we might get relegated with the squad we've got, a squad that finished 6th last season. Nevertheless, under this clown it's starting to feel very likely. I really don't like the idea of sacking a manager midway through the season and I generally believe managers in the Premier League get sacked far too easily. A manager should be given proper time to get their ideas across and make their mark but the results and performances under GH have been totally abysmal and there really isn't much to suggest they might change anytime soon. Thus I too feel he should be given the boot right now, when there is still time for a new manger to come in and assess the current squad and make the needed adjustments.

Â