• Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delph (for Bannan 56)
    • Delfouneso (for Albrighton 56)
    • Pirès (for Reo-Coker 81)

Only saw the first half and we gifted them the first 3 goals by not being all that bothered, but before completely over reacting, you only have to look at the team sheet to know we were going to get stuffed 8/10.

Lichaj, Albrighton, Bannan - all very inexperienced.

NRC, Petrov still not match fit.

Our best player (Young) missing and probably our best striker atm (Heskey) injured.

What were people expecting? Man City are top of the league and we've got semi-fit and inexperienced players in the side.

I'm still behind GH, he's had zero chance with a settled first 11. Even if we lose heavily against Chelsea, I'll still be behind him. Not saying he'll be any good, but until he's had a chance, I won't be calling for his head.

I would have agreed with you until the last two games. The Spurs game was a joke. Playing a 4-4-2 with Hogg and Delph in CM and Gabby and the Fonz up front meant that there was a huge gap between the two which gave Spurs so much chance. He had a chance to remedy it at half time and bought Stan on for Hogg which meant the gap was just as big!

Given where we are he needs to show some balls and do something a bit radical. For me:

-------------- NRC/Stan ---------------

------------------------- Delph ---------

--------- Downing ---------------------- Gives us a link b/w CM and striker

Alby ----------------------------- Gabby More ability to get players in box

------------------ Fonz ------------------ He has looked our biggest threat

Ged seems to have no ideaa how to try anything different when things don't work.

It looks like this carried on again today. I do not see Stan and NRC as a midfield pair!

get big sam in

That would really tip me over the edge!!

i am far from his biggest fan but we would do better under him than under houllier with the players at our disposal at the moment - even if the football is dire

its not like the football at the moment is any good is it?

i would have a lot more confidence in staying up under big sam than under houllier

Very true the football were playing at present is painful to watch!!

I just feel i would really struggle to watch the shit SA serves up week in week out.. I guess its bit of a Hobsons choice..

Just heard the Houllier interview and as predicted before the match he came out with the excuse that the players heads dropped when we conceded the first goal!!!!!

There was me thinking it was the managers job to ensure players have a never say die attitude!

Still ZERO points gained from going behind under the french fool!

Really assured performance from the lads, we kept the ball brilliantly at times, especially in our own half. There was one occasion in particular when we broke from a corner late on a 2 of our players played it between each other on about 4 occasions to calm the tempo of the game down and allow our lads to catch a breath, extraorinary stuff.

On a serious note it's a sign of how bad things have become with people calling for Sam Allardyce, good lord!

Not so happy to use the cliche, but.. I told you so.

He wasn't still in charge when I said here, he just isn't the right man for the job and we are going to have really bad days ahead of us with mr houllier in charge (and that can be verified;)). I checked now the Houllier poll thread and saw that 90% had approved his apointment, seriously guys, what were you thinking?!

Said it back then, I'll say it again - MON is the perfect Aston Villa manager and losing him was the biggest mistake ever, if its anybody to blame, it should be those responsible for his departure.

Said it back then, I'll say it again - MON is the perfect Aston Villa manager and losing him was the biggest mistake ever, if its anybody to blame, it should be those responsible for his departure.

You mean MON himself ?!!!!

Any "perfect" Villa manager would never walk out a few days before the start of a season putting his ego ahead of the welfare of the club and knowing full well that he was condeming the club to serious problems.

MON could have been very good here but his ego was way too big and his pig-headed attitude to who played and who didn't told me months ago that he'd be out sooner than later.

Shite performance. I am trying to be patient with Houllier, yet even I am beginning to turn on him. It's not looking too good right now, but hopefully things will improve.

I'm still not buying this relegation crap that people are spouting though. We won't go down. No way!

just got back from the `game'.. Plenty of chants for GH out, surely its only a matter of time when the fans turn on you like that.

The usual sarcastic cheering for corners and every touch of the ball went down, and we got a couple of renditions of lets pretend we scored a goal.

Great travelling fans again, the only positive.

I like how we claim to keep the ball well for spells in games like against Liverpool and City. The fact that those sides allow us to do that monotonous sideways passing because we have zero end product and it allows them to rest because they've already done the hard work is the only reason why we get those spells in the first place.

Could someone tell me what Bannan was doing on the post for the second goal. I appreciate you don't leave your tallest players on there but you need someone at least who would be able to head the ball over the bar with a jump.

Â