The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of iPad owners also had an iPhone.

You're probably right.

Doesn't mean I understand why though (apart from the "fanboi" reason, obviously)

What if you want an ipad to replace your netbook? You're not going to replace a home pc with an iphone but you can replace one with a tablet like the ipad. Most people just consume media these days, so the tablets really are useful for exactly that.

Are we at the stage where tablets can replace a normal laptop?

I think as soon as you need your laptop for anything other than browsing the net and apps, a tablet isn't going to cut it.

I think they're probably the future, but right now? Not for me.

As I said, if I didn't have an iPhone I'd definitely look into a tablet.

But as it stands, to me it's like buying a 32 inch TV when I've already got the exact same TV, but only 28 inches.

It's great, but pure luxury.

TBH I have used my laptop a handful of times since getting an ipad and once ios5 is released I doubt I will have to use the laptop at all.

IMO the user experience is different to an iphone and there are a lot more ipad specific apps for example Sky News and Flipboard.

I use a lot excel and powerpoint at work and I can easily make adjustments on my ipad using quick office.

I think the main reason iphone owners also have an ipad is familiarity with the os plus you can transfer most of the apps/movies/music you already have on the iphone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lion released tomorrow or Thursday, not a bad update for 20quid.

Yep, I went for it.

But Parallels 5 doesn't work with it, so I had to shell another £28 to upgrade to Parallels 6!

A fool and their money.................. :winkold:

You're probably right.

Doesn't mean I understand why though (apart from the "fanboi" reason, obviously)

I had an iPhone in the early days, but ditched it.

In recent times I have become increasingly frustrated with my Blackberry Bold, mainly because I think the antenna is either very weak, or just works when it feels like it. Looking into it again I can get an iPhone, which is more user friendly, and save money on a Vodafone package.

So it will sit alongside the iPad and the MacBook!

You're probably right.

In recent times I have become increasingly frustrated with my Blackberry Bold, mainly because I think the antenna is either very weak, or just works when it feels like it. Looking into it again I can get an iPhone, which is more user friendly, and save money on a Vodafone package.

Out of the frying pan into the fire there with the signal problems ;)

You're probably right.

Out of the frying pan into the fire there with the signal problems ;)

Tell me about it. **** shit iPhone signal. I'm on my second handset - I smashed the first one up in a rage at how bad the signal was being.

Or me, I have recently moved to the middle of nowhere and still get signal just fine even with the so called "death grip" !

Just a quick question. Will the Sky Go App for ipad still work if it isn't connected to wifi?

It will work on 3G but requires a decent speed,min 2mbps or it becomes umwatchable.

Â