The most important poll ever posted on the internet, ever!

TheSufferingVilla

What's the best British Sitcom?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best British Sitcom?

• Blackadder
    • Father Ted
    • Fawlty Towers
    • The Likely Lads
    • The Office
    • Only Fools and Horses
    • Porridge
    • Rising Damp
    • Mr Bean
    • The Young Ones

The burning questions:

Whats the best?

Why is it the best?

What should be on the list cause it's the best?

What on the list should surely not be considered?

Why do the Brits make the best sitcoms?

Why the hell am I only allowed to enter so few options? I originally had a good 40 on the list but had to cut a load out! :(

Too many fantastic ones to chose from!

Blackadder has to be considered, but the first series was a bit shit compared to the utter genius of the other three.

Father Ted is just fantastic.

Fawlty Towers is just legendary TV isnt it? You could throw the "dated" card at it though.

I think The Office is in there on merit.

Im voting on Porridge though. Fletcher is a legend and Godber is a Villa fan. Im fickle enough to go for those reasons alone.

I see "only fools" as more of a light hearted drama than an out and out Sitcom, it really did have some poignant moments in it. Still very funny though.

One question:

Where is Open all Hours in your list?

"Ask them who'd they rather meet: you or the man who cleans the public toilets in Aberdeen... they'd go for Wee Jock Poo-Pong McPlop every time"

Blackadder for me!

Greatest quote ever. Blackadder or Fawlty Towers for me

Mrs. Miggins: The Scarlet Pimpernel, Mr. Blackadder! He's so exciting, don't you think?

Blackadder: Actually, I think he's the most over-rated human being since Judas Iscariot won the AD31 Best Disciple Competition.

Still my fave Blackadder line.

Can be used to great effect on anyone who is flavour of the month who i still think is a bit shit.

Open all hours was on the list with everything else but it had to be dropped to reach the 10 option maximum. As brilliant as it was I don't think it was good enough to displace any of the ten. One I found really difficult to leave out was 'Allo 'Allo which always cracks me up.

Lord Flash-Heart:Always treat your kite (aircraft) like you treat your woman

George: Like what sir, do you mean take her out for dinner & a movie?

Lord Flash-Heart: No, get inside her 5 times a day and take her to heaven and back!

:)

Lord Flash-Heart:Always treat your kite (aircraft) like you treat your woman

George: Like what sir, do you mean take her out for dinner & a movie?

Lord Flash-Heart: No, get inside her 5 times a day and take her to heaven and back!

:)

:lol:

Firstly, a total piss-up involving beer throwing, broken furniture and wall-to-wall vomiting, to be held here in Baldrick's bedroom.

Guess what I voted for

Open all hours was on the list with everything else but it had to be dropped to reach the 10 option maximum. As brilliant as it was I don't think it was good enough to displace any of the ten. One I found really difficult to leave out was 'Allo 'Allo which always cracks me up.

:shock: :roll: :puke:

seems i've gone with the crowd. Blackadder for me, with fawlty towers a close 2nd.

Blackadder (minus series 1) was simply a genuis franchise.

find it hard to choose between 2, 3 or 4.

probably go with 3 though.

Dads Army was genius, in its time it as one of the funniest things on tv. Its certainly the funniest thing Croft and Perry wrote but thats not hard - the rest of their output being mostly shite - Hi-de-hi, that intensely annoying raiwlays station thing, Allo Allo. Croft & Perry have a formula thats mostly shite but it worked with Dads Army because of the characters / actors. Thats the other thing about C&P, when they had a hit series they milked it to death, they never knew when to stop, so we look back and really hate most of their stuff. Dads Army is the exception though

Series 1 was like the Beatles White Album , not everyone got it

there are some gems in it

Voted Blackadder myself ..series 2 in particular being the stand out ..thought Hugh laurie ruined the 3rd one a bit ..

He only wanted to pay 1500 but i manged to beat him a little ... well credit where credit is due , i just named the price it was Baldrick that actully beat him up

Blackadder was briliant and the fourth seires was especially superb.

Fawlty Towers is just the bees knees.

Mr Bean is absolutely brilliant.

But I have had to go for the Office - just for those painful moments of silence if nothing else.

Â