The most important poll ever posted on the internet, ever!

TheSufferingVilla

What's the best British Sitcom?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best British Sitcom?

• Blackadder
    • Father Ted
    • Fawlty Towers
    • The Likely Lads
    • The Office
    • Only Fools and Horses
    • Porridge
    • Rising Damp
    • Mr Bean
    • The Young Ones

This is not even worth voting on without Dads Army. Perry used to go to the same gym as me; but Bicks is right its the characters who are in it who make it and the dynamic between them. People like John Le Mesurier, Arthur Lowe, John Laurie, James Beck and Arthur Ridley were fantastic characters actors. Clive Dunn however was just annoying

And is it The likely Lads?; or Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?

Father Ted - absolute feckin' genius....

So many quality episodes -

The Christmas special - with the Golden Cleric awards - and the priests getting lost in Dunnes Stores!

The Passion of Saint Tibulus - "Down with that sort of thing"

Father Dougal as a milkman with a bomb on the milkfloat

The over 75's football match

The episode where they give up Cigs, Drink and Rollerblading for lent

The episode where they get stuck with the drum and bass listening priest

The episode where they get lost in the "Really Dark Caves"

The episode where they do the "Three Ages of Elvis"

So much there....

I voted Blackadder (and am in the obvious minority that really liked the first series), though Father Ted and Fawlty Towers were right in there as was The Young Ones but not as close. Mr Bean I never really liked or The Office. Red Dwarf (older series) would have been in my top ten though.

there is no best sitcom,there all superb apart from rising damp and porrige, but ive never really watched either of them,

steptoe and son is superb, and open all hours is okay, as is some mothers do av`em.

Chose Father Ted even though i didn't know it was British, it was without a doubt one of the best things on tv ever. Blackadder would be my second choice, some of the lines in that were pure brill, completely random. Here's a good quote from Father Ted anyways.

Mrs Doyle: What would you say to a cup father?

[offers him a cup of tea]

Father Jack Hackett: FECK OFF, CUP!

It's Blackadder for me ... The king of Sarcasm....

My favourite line was 'Ol Slacky' responding to Baldrick announcing he had a cunning plan (again)

" Is it as cunning as a fox that's just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university" ...

" ploppy, son of ploppy the jailor "

" oh no, my father, daddy ploppy, he was known as ploppy the slopper, it's from him i inherited my fascinating skin diseases"

" you are to be congratulated ploppy, for we live in an age where illness and disease are commonplace....and you are without doubt the most repulsive individual i have ever met...i would shake your hand, but i fear it would come off "......" now then woman...if indeed you ARE a woman".......

utter class :D

Father Ted for me, fecking hilarious in all 4 series but some episodes (like in Only fools...) stand out as classics. The fairground, racism, eurovison and bishop brennan spring to mind.

The Office came a close joint second, I have a sneaking though that it wont stand the test of time and it was only 2 series. Blackadder being the other for all the reasons already stated.

Only fools.....

Rodney, Del and Uncle albert sailing a tug boat down a canal in Holland:

Del: "Alright Rodney, dont draw attention to yourself"

Del then spots a Dutch couple staring in disbeleif at them.

Del: (really loud shouts): "AJAX!!" coupled with cheeky wave.

Yeah the young ones hasn't aged as well as some of the others, Blackadder will be timeless cause it's set in bygone era's. I doubt the office will age well especially when comon day to day office labour will be handled by a race of shirt and tie wearing, watercooler chatting robots.

Â