Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Ingram85

Seems ive been reading different reviews to you Chindie. Ive heard the AI is amongst the best seen in this sort of stealth type game and also that the voice acting is top notch. Guess the only real way of finding out is playing it for yourself. Which brings me onto my next point...

...the missus has just rang me at work to say this has just come through the letterbox. Luvvly Jubbly. :D

Gonna pick this up tomorrow on my lunch break, simply cannot wait until its time to go home tomorrow. First time in a loooong time that im paying full price on day one for a game.

This game is amazing.

I just cant put it down at the minute. Id say ive spent a good 15 hours on it so far and it feels like i havent even touched the surface. The story is great, but the setting is even better. The world the game takes place in is just so lifelike and plausible. The graphics are also top notch. The weakest part of the game is probably the gunplay but the game is so much fun just sneaking around trying not to get spotted. The satisfaction is emmense when it comes off. Bit of a ramble i know.

Brigga, The best way i can describe it is a cross between mass effect and splinter cell.

Held off myself. There's bigger titles coming that interest me more - I'll either borrow it or buy when it comes on the preowned market at a decent price.

Had a fantastic cock up with preorders on this - the Augmented edition is a preorder only item for us at the moment, meaning we only get the copies that people had preordered... we had 20 preorders. We got given 18 copies. We're all now praying a number of those don't come asking for it :lol:

Got the augmented edition. The packaging and design is stunning. Been playing for an hour and a half and its stunning. The soundtrack is stunning. In a word, so far it is truly stunning.

Had a fantastic cock up with preorders on this - the Augmented edition is a preorder only item for us at the moment, meaning we only get the copies that people had preordered... we had 20 preorders. We got given 18 copies. We're all now praying a number of those don't come asking for it :lol:

when I worked at game the small print on pre orders said that after 12 the next day you can sell their pre order to anyone

nearly caused a riot when vice city came out

I think at our place it's 2 days... but I'm also sure that some of the preorders for the Augmented edition were deposits. We were worried that over the weekend people are gonna come for their copies and we ain't gonna have them all.

Thankfully one of those preorders is mine while we were bumping up our preorder figures :oops:

Only just started yesterday so I haven't had a boss fight yet. I am finding the lack of ammo a bit of a pain the backside though. Can't really run and gun with full effect if the ammo runs dry. Not too fond of the shooting either. I prefer the more noob version of automatic targetting, which isn't available in this. Or is it?

Other than that it seems very good thus far.

Ok so im quite far into this now. Just got through hengsha and into the next area and so far ive only had one boss fight. How long is this game?! Not complaining but the game just feels huge.

Also, i love the hacking mini game. I know what you mean, at first its like 'wtf is going on here?!' but when you get your head round it its actually very good. The stealth hacking aug is pretty much essential for harder hacks though. Allows you to capture most low rated nodes (and some higher ones) undetected.

Â