Match Thread: DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

rjw63

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this afternoon is in some sense the perfect time for us and the rest of the world to get a glimpse at our academy.

We could be playing the first team and lose in the last minute or something Man United-like, so we've little to lose in truth. That's why Collins' winner was so crucial on Wednesday; those two extra points are effectively like draws today and next week which we no longer need.

It'll be a magnificent and huge test for Bannan, Hogg, Albrighton, etc. and it'll speed their development playing against United, no question.

I'll put my cards on the table and say that at the start of the season, I said to my mates in the pub:

"We're not going to go down this season - nor are we getting Europe - I just want a season of seeing the youngsters and trying to play some better football".

I genuinely believe I'm getting my wish now.

Let's face it, they have nothing to lose going out and playing Manchester United do they? I'd rather we have these injury problems against teams we'd struggle to beat with our best 11 out than against teams that could potentially be 6-pointers.