Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

I can't believe people have an issue with our club not acting like c*nts
How is it acting like c*nts?

Other clubs appoint people currently employed and pay compensation for them to be released from their contract early.

Is every other club acting like a word removed?

On the basis that it is Houlliers choice to work the notice, would you have looked elsewhere/ employed somone else because of that choice?

Is it likely that he'd have turned down a £2m a year job for one that pays a tenth of that if we'd have insisted that he start immediately?

Well I wouldnt, I dont know about Houllier.

Is the fact the board may have agreed to the notice period the bit that bugs you? I do see the argument that if Houllier was in charge Monday night it could well have been a different result.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why because someone cares what others think therefore it must be worth reading, what a lovely thought.

No. The more one considers what one writes, the more likely it is to be worth reading.

Anyway way OT and doesnt your philosophy module "why the unaware are unaware that they are unaware" start in a minute.

Was that the one you thought you had passed? :P

Billy, the whole process bugs me. After taking weeks, the list of people interviewed was seemingly Sven, Curbishley and Houllier. I'm no football industry expert, but even I could have told you that Houllier was the best out of that little lot, so why take so long to get to that stage. The lack of anybody in a proper job being interviewed suggests to me that they never seriously pursued the likes of Jol or Moyes.

So having correcly settled on Houllier after a month of fannying about, we then have to wait a further vague period of weeks whilst he fulfils stuff with the FFF like going to an awards dinner. And then all the while the hopelessly out of his depth MacDonald is asked to fill in despite being turned down for the job.

If this had been Doug in charge now, people would have been walking down Witton Lane with burning torches and pitchforks.

Billy, the whole process bugs me. After taking weeks, the list of people interviewed was seemingly Sven, Curbishley and Houllier. I'm no football industry expert, but even I could have told you that Houllier was the best out of that little lot, so why take so long to get to that stage. The lack of anybody in a proper job being interviewed suggests to me that they never seriously pursued the likes of Jol or Moyes.

So having correcly settled on Houllier after a month of fannying about, we then have to wait a further vague period of weeks whilst he fulfils stuff with the FFF like going to an awards dinner. And then all the while the hopelessly out of his depth MacDonald is asked to fill in despite being turned down for the job.

If this had been Doug in charge now, people would have been walking down Witton Lane with burning torches and pitchforks.

I agree largely with what you say. Houllier is the best we can get at the moment.

While I'm not completely stoic on the issue, I can only imagine there are extenuating circumstances that all have had to work round.

Jol came out and said AV were very interested in him, someone posted what he said in the next manager thread I think it was.

You ask the club they're employed with if you can speak to Jol/Moyes...The club says NO then you move on to the next person.

Have been saying that for a while Risso

I'd guess the reason we're not is that Randy has built up nigh on 4 years of "goodwill" during his time here? Due to the fact he had, up to recently, been doing everything right, in the view of the vast majority.

It's only really now (or 12 months ago in your case Ricahrd) that some are really beginning to (rightly IMO) question him, and question the running of our club.

Have been saying that for a while Risso

I'd guess the reason we're not is that Randy has built up nigh on 4 years of "goodwill" during his time here? Due to the fact he had, up to recently, been doing everything right, in the view of the vast majority.

It's only really now (or 12 months ago in your case Ricahrd) that some are really beginning to (rightly IMO) question him, and question the running of our club.

Yes I agree with you on the timescales Jon. It is just, for me, with Ellis we were never promised anything or expected that much so he didn't have anything to live up to

With Lerner et al the expectations were set higher.

Dear Gerard

I trust you to do a job at our club but just one thing I really want and that is to see 2 good centre midfielders playing together for Villa. It has been too long since I saw that.

Regards

Zatman

West ham at home would be the last time for me.

You ask the club they're employed with if you can speak to Jol/Moyes...The club says NO then you move on to the next person.

In honourable Aston Villa world maybe.

Huh?

What don't you get? If the club says no, you talk to them anyway. Unless of course you can't really afford the manager in question in the first place.

Huh?

What don't you get? If the club says no, you talk to them anyway. Unless of course you can't really afford the manager in question in the first place.

That's the worry.

Surely money can't be that tight for Randolph to not be willing to pay a few mill to get the right man by way of compo?

Huh?

That's the worry.

Surely money can't be that tight for Randolph to not be willing to pay a few mill to get the right man by way of compo?

Its the elephant in the room.

Huh?

I'm not sure if it's the same for managers as players, but isn't that tapping up? If they're employed by a certain club wouldn't it be a rule to approach that club and ask them firstly if you can speak to that set manager...If they say no and you approach that manager anyway you're breaking the Fifa rules.

I'm guessing here as I'm not sure if it applys the same for managers and players.

I'm not sure if it's the same for managers as players, but isn't that tapping up? If they're employed by a certain club wouldn't it be a rule to approach that club and ask them firstly if you can speak to that set manager...If they say no and you approach that manager anyway you're breaking the Fifa rules.

I'm guessing here as I'm not sure if it applys the same for managers and players.

Yes it would be tapping up. Just like just about every single manager and player that has moved in the last twenty years will have been tapped up. Just like Gareth Barry was. And James Milner.

We tapped up Big Ron and Brian Little, and they both gave us successful, trophy winning seasons.

Except the simple fact is the statement is not accurate. Again you two believe that he has NOT signed anything yet. So effectively you are saying Aston Villa football club with an incredibly succesfull business man at the helm, has a press conference to present GH as our new manager with nothing signed. C'mon guys that is dreamland.

On the other hand, you seem to be saying that an honest and successful football manager was lying when he said he hadn't signed anything.

Except he never said that, show me the quote.

I don't want to go around quote hunting. But I thought it was pretty common knowledge that GH hasn't signed a contract - Incredible as it seems - that was my, and I beleive most villa fans understanding.

Not point scoring, prove points - that was just as I understood it.

Â