Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

I'm happy because I have no choice to be anything else.

We have him for 3 years (well, presumably he will actually start at some point) so let's see what he can do.

The bench mark is better than 3 x 6th places in a row, a league cup final and an FA cup semi.

You cant ask him to be 6th this season! He is at a bit of a disadvantage now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy because I have no choice to be anything else.

We have him for 3 years (well, presumably he will actually start at some point) so let's see what he can do.

The bench mark is better than 3 x 6th places in a row, a league cup final and an FA cup semi.

You cant ask him to be 6th this season! He is at a bit of a disadvantage now.

Climbing one place in the league?

Disclosure of something that is obviously delicate and could possibly be still in negotiation, would be silly, wouldnt it. Its certainly arguable of what benefit supporters would gain from the knowledge other than peace of mind.

At this stage I agree that the delicacy of the situation would mean that the fans can't expect to know everything.

But with that in mind, it was very stupid of the club to announce the arrival of Houllier in the way that they did.

Disclosure of something that is obviously delicate and could possibly be still in negotiation, would be silly, wouldnt it. Its certainly arguable of what benefit supporters would gain from the knowledge other than peace of mind.

At this stage I agree that the delicacy of the situation would mean that the fans can't expect to know everything.

But with that in mind, it was very stupid of the club to announce the arrival of Houllier in the way that they did.

In what way should they have announced it though?

If they had let things go on much longer there would have been utter carnage on this, and other, sites.

Cheer up Risso. I thought you'd be happy and a different person since O'Neill left. You are still moaning.

This is such a horrible place at times. :)

I'll be happy once the new manager starts. I'd just like to know when that is.

In what way should they have announced it though?

If they had let things go on much longer there would have been utter carnage on this, and other, sites.

More so than now? I don't think so. There is carnage because they raised expectations with an announcement and then everything backtracked. If they'd have released a holding statement (or two) saying that Houllier had provisionally agreed to be our manager but there were things to sort out with the FFF...nobody is saying that would have been an ideal situation, but it would have been accurate and everybody would know where they stood. If there had been carnage after a statement like that it would have been through no fault of the club.

Just because the fans were baying for something to happen, doesn't mean they should have had a press conference and innacurately announced something that wasn't even confirmed.

I've heard it said a few times on here that in France it is against the law to not work your notice. What is the punishment for not doing so?

What are the statutory minimum notice periods in your jurisdiction?

France

The statutory minimum notice period upon dismissal/ redundancy depends on the employee's length of service within the same company: There is no statutory minimum notice period for an employee who has less than 6 months of service; 1 month's notice period is required for an employee with 6 months to 2 years of service; and 2 month's for an employee with at least 2 years of service. Longer notice periods can be contractually agreed upon or provided for by CBAs. With very few exceptions, the Labor Code does not provide for a notice period in the case of a resignation

European Law Checkpoint i.e. some euro solicitors website

Cheer up Risso. I thought you'd be happy and a different person since O'Neill left. You are still moaning.

This is such a horrible place at times. :)

I'll be happy once the new manager starts. I'd just like to know when that is.

I'll tell you. After the Bolton match......like Houllier has said. Unless you don't want to believe him. Which means, whatever General's reply to you would be if he did reply, you'd just rubbish it anyway no?

he just needs to take over ASAP i fear for us against another physical side like bolton overwhelming us MacDonald's decision making is wrong his subs are wrong he's got the team selection at the start right after the **** up at newcastle but still

Â