Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

I agree Billy_loes in highensight MON was a spanner in the works but you can't disagree that not just in his mind but in reality the whole club revolved around him due to the control measures that he put in place which can be backed up by the above newspaper article. Houllier may very well do the same but all we can hope for is that he won't be as petulant if things don't go his way

I agree. I hope Houllier asserts but without the monumental ego.

Or without the paranoid personality disorder? I couldn't help thinking about O'Neill when reading that, among other things, people suffering from PPD:

• Are unforgiving and hold grudges

• Are hypersensitive and take criticism poorly

• Read hidden meanings in the innocent remarks or casual looks of others

• Perceive attacks on their character that are not apparent to others;

• Are generally cold and distant in their relationships with others, and might become controlling and jealous

• Cannot see their role in problems or conflicts, believing they are always right

• Have difficulty relaxing

• Are hostile, stubborn, and argumentative

• In many cases ... become involved in legal battles, suing people or companies they believe are "out to get them."

It just all seems to fit...

Anyway, whatever it is with O'Neill, Houllier comes across as a much better balanced character. He'll defend himself against scathing attacks which he sees as unjustified (as recently with regard to France's disastrous World Cup), but won't go into long embarrassing diatribes just because another manager happens to mention his team and "long balls" in the same sentence.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or without the paranoid personality disorder? I couldn't help thinking about O'Neill when reading that, among other things, people suffering from PPD:

• Are unforgiving and hold grudges

• Are hypersensitive and take criticism poorly

• Read hidden meanings in the innocent remarks or casual looks of others

• Perceive attacks on their character that are not apparent to others;

• Are generally cold and distant in their relationships with others, and might become controlling and jealous

• Cannot see their role in problems or conflicts, believing they are always right

• Have difficulty relaxing

• Are hostile, stubborn, and argumentative

• In many cases ... become involved in legal battles, suing people or companies they believe are "out to get them."

I've never liked you since you disagreed with me on a match thread 3 years ago. Did you just look at my pint funny? I've never been anything but nice to you. God I need a kip. Right, you'll hear from my solicitor in the morning!

5. Risso: ????? I think I have answered this multiple times. GH is our Manager. We have agreed that he complete his obligations and respect him for his desire to do so.

And when do those obligations with France cease? I'm glad that he's an honourable man, but they don't hand out performance merit money or trophies at the end of the season for being honourable.

You sound like a parrot saying the same thing over and over....GH said they could make him work his 3 months notice.

I'm sorry, but I asked when Houllier would be available to start work. As yet, I haven't received an answer. Would you really be satisfied with having to wait another 3 months?

I'll post my reply here Risso as I don't want to take over General Krulaks thread discussing this.

I don't want to have to wait for 3 months for Houliier to sit in the dugout and manage the team, but I'm willing to wait until he can do that.

I'm not going to jump on anyones back about it as there is nothing that can be done, if that's the way they want to go about this then... so be it.

They're not going to change their minds because a few fans think it's a farce or if the media do also.

I'm sorry, but I asked when Houllier would be available to start work. As yet, I haven't received an answer. Would you really be satisfied with having to wait another 3 months?

He isnt going to tell you Rumpole, is he!!? and I dont blame him. It doesnt make him in contempt of court by not doing so.

5. Risso: ????? I think I have answered this multiple times. GH is our Manager. We have agreed that he complete his obligations and respect him for his desire to do so.

And when do those obligations with France cease? I'm glad that he's an honourable man, but they don't hand out performance merit money or trophies at the end of the season for being honourable.

You sound like a parrot saying the same thing over and over....GH said they could make him work his 3 months notice.

I'll post my reply here Risso as I don't want to take over General Krulaks thread discussing this.

I don't want to have to wait for 3 months for Houliier to sit in the dugout and manage the team, but I'm willing to wait until he can do that.

I'm not going to jump on anyones back about it as there is nothing that can be done, if that's the way they want to go about this then... so be it.

They're not going to change their minds because a few fans think it's a farce or if the media do also.

I respect your view but lets just suppose our players and caretaker manager continue to fail to deliver the goods over that 3 month period.

We may be out of a second cup and dwelling the in lower regions of the league - is that acceptable? That said Houllier could come in and turn things around and become the next messiah- bloke can`t lose can he? £8m to succeed or fail. Like others on here and H&V I am already resigned to writing the season off - like it or lump but our success this year could be measured by finishing above SHA !

He isnt going to tell you Rumpole, is he!!? and I dont blame him. It doesnt make him in contempt of court by not doing so.

If the General did know when Houllier was going to start, what would he have to lose by letting us know? I have to assume that he doesn't know.

If the General did know when Houllier was going to start, what would he have to lose by letting us know? I have to assume that he doesn't know.

Does your company reveal all and sundry to any passing bod? To summise that it is either immaterial or of little consequence to what time line is in place for M.Houlliers employment is quite plainly wrong.

Why didn't Villa just pay some compensation?

I would imagine that the position of Technical Director with FFF is not something which they can put a monetary value on. Houllier will fulfill the duties of Tech Dir until FFF agree to let him go and/or find a replacement.

By law, they can keep him there for 3 months. He wants to leave earlier and is greasing the wheels by continuing to do his job while he negotiates a quicker release.

Does your company reveal all and sundry to any passing bod? To summise that it is either immaterial or of little consequence to what time line is in place for M.Houlliers employment is quite plainly wrong.

We keep our customers informed of things that concern them, yes. And I didn't say that it was of little consequence. I think it's hugely important, which is why I feel that Villa supporters have the right to know.

We keep our customers informed of things that concern them, yes. And I didn't say that it was of little consequence. I think it's hugely important, which is why I feel that Villa supporters have the right to know.

Disclosure of something that is obviously delicate and could possibly be still in negotiation, would be silly, wouldnt it. Its certainly arguable of what benefit supporters would gain from the knowledge other than peace of mind.

Edit - just out of interest are you a customer of AVFC?

I'm happy because I have no choice to be anything else.

We have him for 3 years (well, presumably he will actually start at some point) so let's see what he can do.

The bench mark is better than 3 x 6th places in a row, a league cup final and an FA cup semi.

Â