Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why say something like that..it's like he is trying to take some pressure of himself or something (if in fact he said it)

Because it's true?

Then why are we 5th in the all time PL table ??

Average PL finish is between 8th-9th.....

That's just based on games played the prem table, league positions are what matters.

No Cracker!

I'm not sure if that's word for word what I said, but if you watch the BBC vid of it, you see it goes black towards the end of the vid, I'm sure they've cut that bit out...

If someone has the whole thing I'm sure they can tell you word for word what he says....I think it was something like VERY confident.

Here is the Vid link...but about 6mins or so have been cut off it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8989229.stm

Really impressed with Houllier, seems confident and raring to go. I'm sure he will have a hand in assisting Mac for the next couple of games until he takes the reigns fully.

Loving those pictures of him, especially the dug out one. :lo:

From what he has said I think there is money there for him to spend, and aiming for the Champions League in 3 years suits me.

I will not judge his performance here before May 2012.

Why?

Anyway when is he coming then as I have been out all afternoon and just heard something on the radio about worst case scenario being three months? What is that about?

Why?

Anyway when is he coming then as I have been out all afternoon and just heard something on the radio about worst case scenario being three months? What is that about?

He is going to take over when the FFF release him from his contract.

He expects that will probably mean he is in charge for the Blackburn game.

He is confident that his good relationship with the FFF means that they won't keep him to the legal requirement of a three month notice period. Let's hope that is the case (he seems confident and I guess he knows them much better than we do but it appears that not all is are crossed and ts dotted, yet).

I think he gets on very well with his employers at the FFF. I think they are happy for Houllier to take the Villa job.

Not exactly happy. The President of the FFF was quoted as saying on French radio on Wednesday:

"Je vais effectivement le laisser partir à Aston Villa. Il m'a exposé ses arguments, il souhaite vivre une aventure du terrain, c'est ce qui lui manque, l'adrénaline sur un terrain de football, c'est sa motivation, il n'y en a pas d'autre. C'est un choix que je respecte même s'il me crève le coeur."

"Je lui ai donné tous les arguments possibles pour qu'il reste tout en respectant son choix"

Basically that means he tried every possible argument to persuade Houllier to stay, but he understands how keen he is on the Villa job so he is letting him go, "even though it breaks my heart".

Why?

Ignore it. They are talking shite to stir it up. To explain why he won't be here for Stoke GH said he had FFF business to tie up, and that in France it is usual to work 3 months notice but he hopes to be here no later than the Bolton game. Talksport have interpreted this as "OMG he might not be here for three months. What do you think? Ring this premium rate number to have a retarded rant on our moronic station."

Why?

French law states he needs to stay for 3 months to end his contract, however he can negotiate with the FFF to end it sooner, which he is very confident will happen next week after he has fulfilled a few obligations. No major issue imo, will be in the stands for Bolton and in charge for B'Burn in the cup.

Why?

It's the law in France to work 3 months notice, I'm not sure if that's for all jobs or...

He explains it more in the interview, but the one on the BBC site have cut it short.

Why?

Ignore it. They are talking shite to stir it up. GH said that in France it is usual to work 3 months notice, but he hopes to be here for the Bolton game. Talksport have interpreted this as "OMG he might not be here for three months. What do you think? Ring this premium rate number to have a retarded rant on our moronic station."

And don't forget to place a bet on it with our partners paddypower.

Passed 3 years we have established ourselves a a top 6 club. As for all this bollocks about lets take average Premier league finishes since the Premier Leagues inception to set our expections. By that token Man Cities expectations should be to finish around 14th and Spurs and Everton around 12th.

The previous manager established us among the top 6. Had it have been once it could have been judged as a fluke but 3 times on the bounce is long enough to have set a consistent standard therefore I'm happy to judge the clubs, and new managers, progress or regress against that league position.

Â