Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ireland gets too much of a rough deal on here, i find it staggering that people deny that he has the capability to be out best player by a country mile.

Does Ireland have it in his locker to be a £25m player? The simple answer is yes.

OK then, Samir Nasri or Stephen Ireland on this seasons form?

Spot on. It seems a lot of opinions are formed on hearsay and paper talk rather than recent performances on the pitch.

Nasri, by quite a distance. Ireland's performances over the last couple of games have certainly provided some encouragement/comfort, though.

Nasri has been very poor by his standards this season mate, if you only take into account this current season or current form, Stephen Ireland gets the nod before Nasri, by quite a distance.

Why ask the question if you don't like the answer? Andy Carroll has been poor this season but I'd still take him over delfouneso. Or Adam Johnson over Albrighton. Or isn't that allowed either? not everything claret and blue is necessarily brilliant.

The difference for me is that, though Nasri may not be anywhere near the blistering heights of his form last season, he's still contributing. Netted a couple goals, created plenty of chances. Granted, for the most part they've come in a bundle across a few matches against some pish teams (and Spurs) but until Ireland starts contributing consistently (and as I said, there's at least a modicum of encouragement that this may finally be happening) I'd still have more faith in this season's Nasri to win us games like Everton home and QPR away.

This thread has gone the way of the Marc Albrighton and Barry Bannan ones before it.

He's made 1 Excellent Performance and had 2 Good Performances in 2 Years. As Gareth says it's encouraging but comparing him to Samir Nasri or saying he's potentially worth £25m is a bit rich. Remember he is abright spark in a very dull team, Samir Nasri is in a team full of stars.

Playing well and we should keep him but other that very much let's wait and see if he c an string 10-15 performances together.

Cant see anyone bidding 25mill for Ireland, based on his form in the last couple of seasons.. there is just no way

Im not saying he is worth £25m now, but what i am saying is that we all know (even tho some on here will not/refuse to admit it) there is a £25m player in there somewhere, and judging by the signs it may well be about to step out from the shadows.

I just cant get my head around the stick he gets on here, and the talk of getting rid is brainless! Why in God's name would you want to get rid of our (potentially) best player.

nasri through the middle is twice the player he is out wide and mancini only plays him wide at the mo.

ireland on his best form at city might come close, he's gonna have to be on top form for the rest of the season before anyone starts comparing him to nasri!

here's hoping though, he's been looking better and better...

Cant see anyone bidding 25mill for Ireland, based on his form in the last couple of seasons.. there is just no way

Im not saying he is worth £25m now, but what i am saying is that we all know (even tho some on here will not/refuse to admit it) there is a £25m player in there somewhere, and judging by the signs it may well be about to step out from the shadows.

I just cant get my head around the stick he gets on here, and the talk of getting rid is brainless! Why in God's name would you want to get rid of our (potentially) best player.

yeah he has clearly got talent, he doesnt deserve the stick tbh. he has been one of the better players of recent, but that isn't to hard in this villa team, but still I hope he can become the player he was when he played for man City.

Ireland is worth about 8mil tops as it stands. If he continues his form and finishes the season strongly then he could go up to about 15mil but I cannot imagine a situation in the future when he'd be worth any more than that.

Ireland's value range:

Before the last few games = £0m to us, £3m to other clubs ('worth a punt' value)

Now we know he is settling in at Villa = £8m to us, £5m to others ('which Stephen Ireland are we getting?')

Potential over next 18 months if he keeps his head straight = £15m to us, £12m to others

What I realistically think will happen = £10m type player for us or sold for first £7m+ bid to save wages.

Ireland is worth about 8mil tops as it stands. If he continues his form and finishes the season strongly then he could go up to about 15mil but I cannot imagine a situation in the future when he'd be worth any more than that.

The said was said about James Milner to a degree. A player is only worth what the other team is prepared to pay.

Even at his VERY best, for that all too brief season at City. He was never, in a million miles anywhere near a 25m player.

That's just lunacy.

I'd say at his best (which was one season in his career) i'd say he's a 12m player. But being the one good season in five player he's become, his value now would have to be 4-5m

Even at his VERY best, for that all too brief season at City. He was never, in a million miles anywhere near a 25m player.

That's just lunacy.

I'd say at his best (which was one season in his career) i'd say he's a 12m player

Cant agree with that mate.

The said was said about James Milner to a degree. A player is only worth what the other team is prepared to pay.

True to a degree, but with clubs like City you know they have money and can afford to take liberties, unless its ashley young sitauation were the contract is going to be up.