Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

Lots of confident Villans here which is good to see, but perhaps too confident? I can see this being a very tough game, and I think it'll be a draw or a one goal win to whichever team with that little bit of extra luck you'll need to win these kind of tight matches.

I say 1-1. Goals Carroll and Carew.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we might struggle with Carroll, but we could get a fair bit of joy going forwards. I think that so long as we're prepared to concede and it doesn't knock our confidence when we do, we can get a result here: 1-2 would be my guess although at this stage of the season things are so unpredictable that just about anything could happen.

Hoping for better from KMac today. He inherited a team 2nd in the league, and dropped one place after his first game in charge. This week we have dropped to seventh and we haven't even played yet :angry:

Dunne will have a tough game against Carroll that's for sure. It just depends if Newcastle's midfield give him a bit more support than they did against Man Utd. If Barton and Nolan are prepared to venture further forward and join in the attacks then we could well have a tricky game.

They seemed too scared to over commit against Man Utd, and Carroll was left very isolated. We need to force them to do that again.