Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Claret75, we have a Delph and a Delfouneso... they are not one

:winkold:

Beasley14, I agree that a loan for Fonz to get a run of games would be good.

We have Gabby, Heskey & Bent upfront and Downing, Ash, Gabby or Marc to play on the wings, so it's not like we desperately need him to stay. Though if he stays and gets us goals in the cup, I won't complain.

Pickeeeeeeee ;) Just a slip Rob182, don't worry, I won't let it happen again.

;)

Delfouneso has a questionable attitude, it might hold him back, it might not. It might just be front, he doesn't always seem all that confident to me when he's on the pitch.

He just needs to keep working hard.

Yeah, think I said something similar. Sounds off the pitch, he's quite cocky but on the pitch, he carries himself as if he is exactly what he is, a youngster given a chance, looks quite shy, nervous. Compared to someone like Bannan who pretty much tries to express just about everything in his locker before the game is over.

Saw him after the match outside players exit. He was talking to a short, black 30s looking Blackburn player (sorry don't know who) and to a smartly dressed skinnier black guy in his early 40's (at first I thought he was a former Villa great because Villa players were going up to say hello (Bannan and Albrighton + Fonz...help me out with my limited pre-2006 Villa knowledge!!)

Anyways, Nathan came across as a little whiney baby. He said "Yeah man, well it ain't my position, the gaffer should know I'm a striker...I don't play out there....But you know, I bang in the goals cause that's my job baby, banging them in...."

Not exactly eloquent.

BTW, no clue what Bannan was saying except for a couple words here and there ...I don't understand HIS Scottish accent.

Met Albrighton and sat next to his parents at the match, great people.

Delfouneso 'I bang in the goals' has got 2 in 15 appearances this season... :lol:

Any other stories to tell about any other players?

Saw him after the match outside players exit. He was talking to a short, black 30s looking Blackburn player (sorry don't know who) and to a smartly dressed skinnier black guy in his early 40's (at first I thought he was a former Villa great because Villa players were going up to say hello (Bannan and Albrighton + Fonz...help me out with my limited pre-2006 Villa knowledge!!)

Anyways, Nathan came across as a little whiney baby. He said "Yeah man, well it ain't my position, the gaffer should know I'm a striker...I don't play out there....But you know, I bang in the goals cause that's my job baby, banging them in...."

Not exactly eloquent.

BTW, no clue what Bannan was saying except for a couple words here and there ...I don't understand HIS Scottish accent.

Delfouneso 'I bang in the goals' has got 2 in 15 appearances this season... :lol:

I told Friedel if my accent one day ends up like his half American, half English weird accent, I'd have to kick my own ass. He told me that I should respect my elders and that he's bigger than me. :)

Michel Salgado is THE MAN. Spoke to him after the match today before he got on the team bus. He has won everything and still goes about his business like a classy pro. He said how losing always hurts.

The Fonz's car is "only" a BMW 118....pretty crap compared to the others.

That's all, that I can repeat, from today.

Not exactly eloquent.

Wonder how many he's started?

I told Friedel if my accent one day ends up like his half American, half English weird accent, I'd have to kick my own ass. He told me that I should respect my elders and that he's bigger than me.

Haha, I've slowly lost my American accent even worse than big brad and I hate it. It has only been a few years and I'm already sounding like Bannan. Hence to say, I even now understand Bannan...contemplating kicking my own ass. :shock:

So true. But EVERY player does it. I wouldn't call it questioning the manager...but he did sound like the typical 19/20 y.o. that knows EVERYTHING.
Good to hear some 'inside scoop' anyway. Look forward to further installments (within reason :D )

I told Friedel if my accent one day ends up like his half American, half English weird accent, I'd have to kick my own ass. He told me that I should respect my elders and that he's bigger than me.

Haha, I've slowly lost my American accent even worse than big brad and I hate it. It has only been a few years and I'm already sounding like Bannan. Hence to say, I even now understand Bannan...contemplating kicking my own ass. :shock:

It really sucks. I've been in Birmingham for 6 months and am already saying "You what?"

It really sucks. I've been in Birmingham for 6 months and am already saying "You what?"

Yes, it is real funny how fast it happens, given the amount of time Brad has been there, quite shocked his hasnt gotten worse than it is really.

Â