Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Birds are pretty cool. Watching one sing and skitter about on a tree outside. Also noticed a cat plonk itself down on the pavement below. Cat occasionally looks up to see what the fuss is all about. It's some noise that birds make, when you think about it.

My cat likes to sit on my neighbour's (empty) birdbath that's got some bread on it and wait for the birds to come to him.

Watching Goldeneye last night and it gets to the statue/graveyard scene.

I turned to the mrs and said, "there's some body armour behind one of those if only Bond could be bothered to look".

Not a clue.

It's not often I lol but I did on this occasion. Brilliant.

I bloody hated that level!

Golden Eye is a fun game but yeah the N64 was an absolutely wank console outside of a handful of games, the PS1 shit all over it. I mean seriously, who the **** cared about cartridges at that point? What were Nintendo thinking?

I guess they dropped the ball with the SNES-CD project they were working on with Sony..

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

The N64 was simply a brilliant console - possibly my favourite of all time.  

The thing that cheered me up today was finally getting in on the smart phone shenanigans.  I've waited and waited and waited and this shiny new Nokia Lumia 520 is a joy to behold*

*Yes, I'm even liking the Windows OS.  I wanted contract free and for only £70 it's a steal. Now to get my giffgaff sim sorted and I can join the cool people. 

Edited by trekka

I turned to the mrs and said, "there's some body armour behind one of those if only Bond could be bothered to look".

Not a clue.

this might be my favourite post ever.

One to avoid then.

How can you not like Only Fools and Horses?!

I don't like it - I've never managed to sit through an entire episode. Then again I like very few sitcoms anyway. 

Not a clue.

I don't get it. Then again I've never seen the film. 

One to avoid then.

How can you not like Only Fools and Horses?!

I don't like it - I've never managed to sit through an entire episode. Then again I like very few sitcoms anyway. 

Not a clue.

I don't get it. Then again I've never seen the film. 

You don't like anything made after 1960 to be fair.

IMO N64 simply lacked the catalogue.

I'm biased because I never gave much of a shit about most of the Nintendo's mascots, so that would rule me out of being that crazy about Mario, Star Fox, Donkey Kong and Zelda, although I accept that they are great games in their own right. But the console certainly lacked a huge amount of other good titles, with Golden Eye and Perfect Dark being the stand outs.

It also relied on shitty cartridges which had hardly any memory space, so it meant third-party developers didn't give much of a shit about it. In fact it was so bad many of the key Nintendo publishers jumped ship and made games for the Playstation (e.g. Square).

Basically the N64 was a tactical error born out of the fact that Nintendo were behind the curve viz-a-vis CD-ROM technology, they got scared at the failure of the Mega CD so stuck to cartridges.

Anyway, back then I'd much rather play Tekken, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Final Fantasy 7/8 so yeah I'm biased.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Golden Eye is a fun game but yeah the N64 was an absolutely wank console outside of a handful of games, the PS1 shit all over it. I mean seriously, who the **** cared about cartridges at that point? What were Nintendo thinking?

I guess they dropped the ball with the SNES-CD project they were working on with Sony..

Oh god, the wrong in this post. IT BURNS.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Oh god, the wrong is this post. IT BURNS.

PS1 catalogue > N64 catalogue, deal with it.

Butt-hurt Nintendo fans crack me up.

• Like 2

Â