Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I just watched a clip of Rachel Riley dancing to 'Johnny got a Boom Boom' on Strictly Come Dancing (only because of the music, mind). Forewarned that RIley would be wearing trousers, I was curious, but...

What a fantastic arse.

That is all.

I just watched a clip of Rachel Riley dancing to 'Johnny got a Boom Boom' on Strictly Come Dancing (only because of the music, mind). Forewarned that RIley would be wearing trousers, I was curious, but...

What a fantastic arse.

That is all.

Looking it up now on youtube

The culture around Strictly Come Dancing is a bit sinister: sexually repressed couples or middle-aged people desperately wanting to see people they like in skimpy outfits for their entertainment. Cue BBC execs plucking the people's favourite slabs of meat and a few lol-worthy contestants from T.V land. It will probably last forever because British people wouldn't like their sexuality to go beyond casual remarks in the office on a Monday morning, or more sexually explicit comments in pubs or forums.

We should just have 'Sex Factor' and get the people to vote for their favourite celebs to go at it on live TV and be done with it.

That's my completely uninformed and stereotype-friendly comment for the week.  Ithankyou.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 2

What intrigues me about it is the relentless obsession with 'passion', 'flirting', 'smouldering sexual chemistry', etc., etc. The clear implication is that all the celebs (apart from the fat, old, ugly or overtly gay ones, obviously) are basically at it like knives with their dance partners when off screen. Then they cut to the uncomfortable looking spouse and kids in the audience.

It's positively pervy.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Strictly is a very pervy programme

I'm trying to get through Breaking Bad, so the Strictly shows are my chance to plug in the headphones on the laptop and get a bit of Meth Soap.

But from what I've seen it's all about the camera at the top of the stairs where you might see some cleavage heave as the females run up the stairs.

• Like 1

These new sundried tomato and chilli biscuits for cheese from M&S, they complement the Cornish Cruncher with Diablo Chilli so well

Washed down with a bottle of Rasteau (reduced from £10.99 to £4.99 too)

Whilst listening to my latest vinyl purchases

Great night in imo.

These new sundried tomato and chilli biscuits for cheese from M&S, they complement the Cornish Cruncher with Diablo Chilli so well

Great night in imo.

I used to have edam and red pepper houmous on wheat crackers at uni. So moorish.

• Like 1

This is a link to an old newsgroup posting from 1996. I really hope this guy got his problem sorted out.

Anyone help this guy?

The only embarrassing Usenet posts from that era (at least that I can remember) involve me using tracks from Load and ReLoad to argue that there's a great album lurking in there...

Great night in imo.

I used to have edam and red pepper houmous on wheat crackers at uni. So moorish.

The Islamic society of North Africa that peaked during the Almohad Caliphate in the 12th century and surged across Iberia?

• Like 1

Â