Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aside from the goal, what did he actually do? Granted it was a well taken goal but I must ocnfess I barely noticed him today.

Not noticing a defender isn't always a bad thing, I mean I bet you noticed Dunne didn't you? Exactly.

You have a point, he didn't have much to do today so too much shouldn't be read into his defensive performance. More difficult tests are ahead for the lad but there is a talent there that much is clear.

Personally I'd rather have him in my team than Collins or Dunne any day of the week.

Most of Gareth Barry's games go unnoticed yet he's a world class midfielder

Unless you're being sarcastic, I respectfully disagree. He's above average, but in my opinion nowhere near world class.

Back on topic, I think that Clark is a good CB and has potential to become a great CB (see Pique). I don't think he'd ever be more than a stopgap, so-so CM (which is what he is now IMO).

im with rodders...good goal but i don't even notice he is on the pitch most of the time...

he isn't mobile enough to be a central mid IMO....

Petrov covers way more ground and he is often described as past it and knackered half of the time on here!....

he does the simple things well...gets the ball and passes it 3 yards...

but personally im looking for more from a player in that position...

barry is a class above clark and always will be....

just coz hes got a left foot doesn't make them similar

Most of Gareth Barry's games go unnoticed yet he's a world class midfielder

Except for his time at Villa. When he played in midfield he was an attacking midfielder.

as for Clark he's doing okay but I think he needs to be a little more mobile and play with a little more urgency. Certainly deserves to be in the team. Disagree with him at the back mind. I think he's a little too lightweight.

Â