Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read whole tread - but looked back 3 or 4 pages.

Am I the only person who gets very irritated by Kiaran Klark?. Yes very young & hopefully will grow into a great player. But he takes alot of chances as 'last man'; plays in an arrogant fashion (how great am I?) can't kick with right foot - poor in air (lost 99% today) & is...just ok...for a young lad - IMO.

Got robbed today & nearly gave one away - did cock up against Fulham & cost us win. Can't understand the lording over KK on here!!

Now you have to be a nose surely!

Shame we got rid of Cahill, Clark Cahill what a combo that would have been two of the best youngest centre halfs in the prem imo.

Yeah, shame! we could be playing a back four of Cuellar, Cahill, Collins, Clark aka the four "C"s ;)

By the way we didn't get rid of Cahill. Cahill wanted to move on to a team closer to his home grounds where he would be guaranteed first team football. MON obliged by selling him to Bolton for 5M approx.

It's all water under the bridge. Now we have to see who it is out of Clark, Dunne, Collins and Cuellar that Mr H decides to play and who if any he may sell.

I think that the speculation about players like Spahic might be an indication that Mr H may be looking to add another CB during the summer.

If that is the case then the timing for Clark could not be better. He may get a run of games to show whether he is ready to take on the first team duties at CB on a regular basis.

I think that GH picked the right back four yesterday playing Dunne and Clark together. Yes , there were a couple of nervous moments, but luckily between the two of them, Dunne and Clark, they got it sorted and it was only Blackburn on a poor day for them.

The acid test will come on Wednesday if Mr H chooses to continue with Dunne and Clark as CB's.

Shame we got rid of Cahill, Clark Cahill what a combo that would have been two of the best youngest centre halfs in the prem imo.

before it gets done to death again, I was sad to see Cahill leave particularly as he was replaced by Knight and Davies.

However imo Clark will become a better CB than Cahill.

Important we get his partner right, he's looked good alongside Carlos in the cups and aside from the horror show at Newcastle, Dunney also looks more solid to me alongside Clark than he does alongside Collins.

• 1 month later...
IT'S CLARK FOR **** SAKE, NOT CLARKE.

(to no poster in particular on here, just general frustration at the amount of posts I see with the name Clarke, **** OFF)

Join the campaign:

[img=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/penguindevil/ClarkNotClarke.jpg]

Yeah tonight's is probably more worth watching for a glimpse into our future.

I see the FAI website is still mis-spelling Clark's name :rant:

REP OF IRELAND: Westwood (Coventry City); Foley (Wolves), O'Dea (Ipswich Town), Kelly (Fulham), Clarke (Aston Villa); Lawrence (Portsmouth), Green (Derby County), Fahey (Birmingham City), Keogh (Bristol City); McCarthy (Wigan Athletic), Long (Reading).

info@fai.ie

You know what you have to do. 8)

info@fai.ie

You know what you have to do. 8)

Way ahead of you. I already did it. I'm not entirely sure that's the correct e-mail address but it's the only one I could find too. They intentionally protect their address 'because of spambots' - yeah right.

Dear FAI,

A glaring error (see below, highlighted in red) has recently been brought to my attention in regards to the following article published on your website yesterday:

======

Kelly to captain Ireland against Uruguay

Monday, 28 March 2011 13:51

Fulham defender Stephen Kelly will captain the Republic of Ireland senior team for the first time when they face Uruguay tomorrow (Tuesday) night in the 3 International friendly at the Aviva Stadium (7.45pm).

Keiren Westwood continues in goal, while Kelly will be partnered by Darren O'Dea in central-defence, with Kevin Foley and Ciaran Clarke filling the full-back berths.

Across midfield will be Liam Lawrence, Paul Green, Keith Fahey and Andrew Keogh with the striker's berths handed to James McCarthy and Shane Long.

REP OF IRELAND: Westwood (Coventry City); Foley (Wolves), O'Dea (Ipswich Town), Kelly (Fulham), Clarke (Aston Villa); Lawrence (Portsmouth), Green (Derby County), Fahey (Birmingham City), Keogh (Bristol City); McCarthy (Wigan Athletic), Long (Reading).

======

As the below picture indicates, someone in your media dept. either has a strange fetish for vowels or is a blithering idiot:

ClarkNotClarke.jpg

As if I haven't got enough to be upset about as an Aston Villa fan this season, I don't need to see arguably our best young player (one who has actually opted to switch national allegiances to yourselves, no less) branded with such unnecessary and heavy-handed vowel usage. Please can you amend your news accordingly and ensure such schoolboy errors do not happen in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Gareth Roberts pedantic & disgruntled

Â