Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen bloody Ireland is doing my head in.

Was short of match fitness so I played him in a couple of reserve games. He complained about playing reserve games, I apologised (even though I didn't want to but I've figured it's the only way to not upset the AI) and he was fine with it. Next week, he complains, we chat, I apologise and he accepts. Next week he complains, I go to talk to him and he won't as our relationship is irreparable. Been playing him in the first team, as a starter for the last week weeks while all this is going on and he still can't get over the fact that I played him a couple of times in the reserves.

Also have Kev Mac and Gary Mac disagree on just about everything when it comes to players and tactics.

This game is messed up.

listen to this one then for bugs.

got ashley young to sign a new deal, then about 8 games later i praised him on a private chat. then next thing i know he wants a private chat saying he wants to move to a bigger club! (i finished 2nd last season and won the fa cup and now im top 8 points a head)

then i praised gabby and he has done the same thing!

what a shit, shit game feel like throwing it in the bin. never seen so many bugs. :angry:

Stephen bloody Ireland is doing my head in.

Was short of match fitness so I played him in a couple of reserve games. He complained about playing reserve games, I apologised (even though I didn't want to but I've figured it's the only way to not upset the AI) and he was fine with it. Next week, he complains, we chat, I apologise and he accepts. Next week he complains, I go to talk to him and he won't as our relationship is irreparable. Been playing him in the first team, as a starter for the last week weeks while all this is going on and he still can't get over the fact that I played him a couple of times in the reserves.

Also have Kev Mac and Gary Mac disagree on just about everything when it comes to players and tactics.

All sounds incredibly realistic to me.

I've been playing Ireland because I have so little choice (I should really have remembered to put a recall clause in before I let Bannan out on loan) - and he's been crap (and with low confidence). I'm almost hoping he gets injured, and I'll just put one of the youth team in, can't be any worse.

Luckily, Ash Young has been on fire so far.

Well I'm still in the first part of the first season - no transfers in or out, as I'm deliberately trying to see how I get on with the "inherited from MON" squad, just like GH is having to do (although I did try that Sidwell/Pienaar swap deal that fell through). We lost the first game 1-3 to Liverpool, then went unbeaten in five games, but just lost 2-0 at Wolves, with a now threadbare-looking team. Like I say, very realistic so far!

Took over Crystal Palace who at the beginning of the season were tipped for relegation and gave me a transfer budget of £200,000

Currently 4th and signed:

Ciaran Clark (Loan)

Oliver Kapo (Free)

Jeremie Aliadiere (Free)

Diego Tristan (Free) - Scored 7 in 5 games then goes and breaks leg, out for 7 months and considering retiring.

Only just got it, some really nice new additions.

One question on the squad scren though, I'm assuming it's been taken out since can't find it but I used to used the "Overview - Position" thin to view my squad (basically 2 columns of playrs with their positions so you didn't haveto scroll down the list), anybody know how to do that on this one?

Only just got it, some really nice new additions.

One question on the squad scren though, I'm assuming it's been taken out since can't find it but I used to used the "Overview - Position" thin to view my squad (basically 2 columns of playrs with their positions so you didn't haveto scroll down the list), anybody know how to do that on this one?

I would like to know this as well, been driving me up the wall.

I'm ebaying my copy and using Taemon Dools (;)) to play as I fancy.

I feel robbed to be honest as the game is totally unplayable. They have clearly rushed the game and knew about the bugs, and just wanted to save their income by not releasing a game half way through a season.

I really don't understand how they manage to break a game year after year when the game is only given minor updates. This is even worse than the injury bug in 2009.

It's been a disappointing couple of months because F1 2010 was bug crazy which caused me to get rid of a game I really looked forward to, and FM, a game I've bought every year since 2002, is unplayable. I will buy the game back when it's been fixed, and I will be acquiring it the wrong way next year until it is fixed too. I know SI hate people robbing them of their game, so I hope more and more people do it too.

I feel robbed to be honest as the game is totally unplayable. They have clearly rushed the game and knew about the bugs, and just wanted to save their income by not releasing a game half way through a season.

I really don't understand how they manage to break a game year after year when the game is only given minor updates.

I didn't know EA Sports were involved with FM?

Now that I've finally found some stability (getting a young, decent keeper on a free helped) with my Dover side I've managed to climb to 2:nd in the table and the lads seem to be gelling at last. Since I'm in BSS I haven't really noticed any transfer issues and my boys seem happy enough even when I tell them off for having a shit game. If they disagree I just press them and go with "I'm the boss, STFU and get on with it" and they seem happy enough. Had a massive amount of yellow cards during the start of the season, but the refs seems to have calmed down a bit now thankfully.

I applied for the QPR job and Derby sacked me for it lol. Oh well, they were crap anyway, I got the QPR job and they are not as rich as I thought and have too many overpaid players so am getting rid, slow rebuild.

In: Nathan Baker £900k as my only signing so far.

out? - about 11 players on big money, strange I was able to release them so easily with no money paid out :-/

Villa is not doing well at all in my game. Second last ahead of Wolves and just behind Man City. Sha is 3 points ahead. GH is about to be sacked as the press likes to remind me ahead of every Villa game. Thing is, Villa is playing pretty well. I've watched about 6 games, and case in point is the last game against Spurs. Villa had the upper hand for the most part hitting the woodwork on several occasions. It ended 0-0. I fear Villa will go down. Anyone else doing non-Villa saves seing the same thing?

Really struggling with fitness on my game. I know it's going to be linked to the level of training my team are doing but if I have a midweek game, most of my players are still only at 90% fitness (at most) by the saturday game and my asst mgr is telling me that half of them are exhausted even before halftime.

Have tried to adjust the training to concentrate more on stamina, to lessen the workload, to up the workload - all to no avail.

Still, beat Newcastle 4-0 last night so it's not all bad.

Â