Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

l

as for thompson dont really like him, but he is an outsanding coach believe me.

An outstanding coach says who? that outstanding a coach he hasn't coached in 6 years.

6 long years. That could hurt us badly.

Crazy appointment for me, this.

Which one? Thompson or Houllier?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its probably already been said but just in case, Thommo won 2 manager of the month awards when he took the reigns at Liverpool. I'm warming to the idea of him and GH at Villa Park.

Will there be enough time to make any loan signings?

Good question, dont know much about the loan window but is it open already?

I hate Phil Thompson, saw him brush past loads of kids asking for autographs once, swearing his head off. hated him since.

That's what we need at Villa Park! A bit of ruthlessness!!

:winkold:

Its probably already been said but just in case, Thommo won 2 manager of the month awards when he took the reigns at Liverpool. I'm warming to the idea of him and GH at Villa Park.

Opens on Wednesday I think...Not 100% though.

if we get him, we will have hired above ourselves IMO.

if we get him, we would not have hired above ourselves IMO. Given his C.V. I can't imagine him being a contender for any club above our level. We're about as good as he could do. I have been talking to the French guy in work who follows french football and he's been saying Houillier is rubbish.

I think he was shortlisted for the sha job actually before Mcleish. He was most definietly strongly linked to that role IIRC
I knew there was some link Found it

Not exactly a strong link, looks like a case of 2 + 2 = 476 to me, Steve MacManaman was involved in the takeover, therefore who can we link with replacing McLeish...oh yes how about Houlier.

Amazing how you interpret a garbage item on some crap website with being Strongly linked. Perhaps this just suits your anti board agenda ?

I said I recalled him being linked to the sha post at some point and then found an article linking him to the sha post.

Can you tell me how that is anti board?

Not for premier league teams

I'll be really happy if GH is the man to take over from MON. After looking back over his career at Liverpool, he certainly had a good time of it there and I think the Liverpool fans that have complained about him are being incredibly selective of their memories of him.

Seems like post-op he just wasn't the same man. He sorted his problems out and returned to good health and went on to win two consecutive league titles in France!

We musn't forget that these honours aren't from yesteryear - they are all within the last 10 years. Anyone who sees this as a bad move needs their head checking. Not only was he clearly succesfull at his last two clubs but his scouting network and contacts will be far superior to MON's and, as mentioned above by another user, because of being a far more recognized name than MON, he'll be able to attract far better players from abroad.

Very happy man. Sign him up quick so he can prepare for Stoke. UTV.

Phil Thompson :bang:

Why not just pop out to Qatar and see if O'Leary fancies another shot at getting us relegated.

Houllier is just about acceptable but I couldn't watch that other idiot in our Dugout. This is the same guy who basically cries on Soccer Saturday if Liverpool concede a goal. Why would we want a bloke like that in our setup?

The way it's going, not only do I see us having to find a new manager NEXT Summer but also a new owner. I'm prepared to eat my words if it turns out a success but I can't see it.

Free agents can be signed by a club at any time in the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.[16] A club can request to sign a player on emergency basis, e.g. if several goalkeepers are injured at the same time.[16] In England, clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.[20] An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window

Free agents can be signed by a club at any time in the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.[16] A club can request to sign a player on emergency basis, e.g. if several goalkeepers are injured at the same time.[16] In England, clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.[20] An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window

Thanks for backing up what I said, that is the loan window will not apply for us in terms of getting players in.

We can't add to our PL squad can we so I'm sure any loans will only be outgoings

We can't add to our PL squad can we so I'm sure any loans will only be outgoings

yep,but we can get free agents though..

Thanks for backing up what I said, that is the loan window will not apply for us in terms of getting players in.

Why the thanks? I don't think anyone called you a liar did they?

GH had a policy of buying young French players when manager of Liverpool. France is a hotbed of youg talent, which makes GH's record of not being able to spot one of them all the more impressive. He didn't half buy some lemons, including Heskey, who I seem to recall GH fancied as a winger. Boring football, shit manager IMO. As for PT, well he's an annoying cock..and this is coming from someone who tends not to be bothered by personality issues usually.

GH had a policy of buying young French players when manager of Liverpool. France is a hotbed of youg talent, which makes GH's record of not being able to spot one of them all the more impressive. He didn't half buy some lemons, including Heskey, who I seem to recall GH fancied as a winger. Boring football, shit manager IMO. As for PT, well he's an annoying cock..and this is coming from someone who tends not to be bothered by personality issues usually.

How can he be shit?

He won the treble