Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relegation candidates?

Behave.

Relegation may be a long shot, especially with the likes of Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham down there but just how bad were we last Sunday?

Certainly not a top six (ten?) side playing like that!!

But when a big club implodes - it tends to snowball and happen more quickly- When a small club struggles - there is often a galvanizing effect - they all pull together.

in 1987 - We had players with more ability - than those who stayed up - but the club got on a downward spiral - and we couldn't get out of it......

Be warned Randy

Would be very disappointed if macdonald gets it.

And think he won't be in charge this time next year.

Well looking at what km said today i think its 99% that after the window closes he will be named manager.

Even if we lose tomorrow and lose to everton i still think km will be incharge.

This is the year we might see villa take a big step back and i mean a big step back.

Lets hope next year will be a better one.

Thanks mon.

The problem is, if we take too big a step back, which Manager will want to come next year? We need to attract someone from the position we're currently in. Top six finish and in the Europa Cup etc. Slip too far and we're a less attractive club to take over, with too much work to do for any potential new boss.

I think if we can purchase a good DM or get NRC playing at his best we could have a pretty good season and KMac could get us playing some good football. I mean we have the same defensive players so we should be able to tighten up at the back. NRC or new DM would give us the security in midfield and give the others Ireland,Downing,Young,Gabby even Petrov the chance to make the goals.

Relegation candidates?

Behave.

Relegation may be a long shot, especially with the likes of Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham down there but just how bad were we last Sunday?

Certainly not a top six (ten?) side playing like that!!

It doesnt matter if we have the good players, if we have a manager with no first team managerial experience then we will be in trouble, yes he knows the players and is good with the reserves but managing one of Englands biggest clubs in the real world of the Premier League with the media spotlight on him and the pressures of the job will not bode well for us....

Hmm. So a few days ago someone said that something would definitely be happening on Thursday. 2-3 people today have said something will happen. They didn't say tomorrow, but apparently their "sources" stated that something was happening very soon.

Any more news on anything?

I'm not sure if it's more than one person....Ginger talks about a manager and someone else talked about someone investing.....I can't remember if someone else said something today I've read that many posts.

We can only wait to see what the next few days brings.

That description fits the manager that has been rumoured for a week or so...

If this ITK is for real then I wouldn't be totally surprised if we sign possibly a decent

German midfielder as a playmaker.

Although it could be tosh, but we shall see.......

The problem is, if we take too big a step back, which Manager will want to come next year? We need to attract someone from the position we're currently in. Top six finish and in the Europa Cup etc. Slip too far and we're a less attractive club to take over, with too much work to do for any potential new boss.

I agree with you but you can see what is about to happen.

Km came out and said he and lerner sat down and talked about the job and after the everton game there is a two week break and he will see then.

The belt is tight and you can only see it getting tighter.

Km is gonna be the next manager i think thats 99% clear now.

I just hope if results get bad fans dont take it out on km.

I'm not sure if it's more than one person....Ginger talks about a manager and someone else talked about someone investing.....I can't remember if someone else said something today I've read that many posts.

We can only wait to see what the next few days brings.

Haha, I have to admire the amount of faith / interest you seem to have in Gingerlad's comments. I hope it's not misplaced.

It's not that I have faith in what he said.....I have more faith in Lerner to pick a manager who can take this club forward.

So what Ginger said just added to what I was thinking....I've been thinking about Klinsman or Hitzfeld for a few days now..."not in a sexual way".

We just deserve a good manager after our last one jumped ship.

Grrr I can tell I'm tired, I've edited this 3 times already.

If it's Klinsmann then I suspect we may keep Kevin Mac on as head coach.

If JK can attract some top players & help with tactics & development of the youngsters at the club, I for one think it could be

a very good move.

Whatever anyone says other club fans think we have one of THE best places for churning out homegrown talent..

A Man U fan was waxing lyrically about Marcus Albrighton yesterday ...he said we've got a conveyor belt.

Apparently Ferguson is to take a similar approach because of the debt situation.