Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

So, Fulham wanted Luke Young, but had to wait for a new manager, Hughes came in about 3 weeks ago and said he wanted Luke, why didn't anything happen in the 2 weeks prior to MON leaving?

Down to wages?

Or did/does Hughes know something we don't?

:detect:

Nah he definitely wold have gotten Sidwell off Villas books if he thought he was going to take up the post. ;)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going to be meeting with a potential candidate, I'd do it somewhere neutral to dim speculation in case talks didn't go well. So my guess is a manager with no connection to Milan at all.

Randy did state that deals would still go through before the transfer window closes so has anyone considered that he might actually be going to Milan to seal the deal for Mathieu Flamini? we have been linked with him quite a bit during this summer!

So, Fulham wanted Luke Young, but had to wait for a new manager, Hughes came in about 3 weeks ago and said he wanted Luke, why didn't anything happen in the 2 weeks prior to MON leaving?

Down to wages?

Or did/does Hughes know something we don't?

:detect:

Nah he definitely wold have gotten Sidwell off Villas books if he thought he was going to take up the post. ;)

Good point :thumb:

Randy did state that deals would still go through before the transfer window closes so has anyone considered that he might actually be going to Milan to seal the deal for Mathieu Flamini? we have been linked with him quite a bit during this summer!

good point.

Although i think his gone to do other buisness.

If I was going to be meeting with a potential candidate, I'd do it somewhere neutral to dim speculation in case talks didn't go well. So my guess is a manager with no connection to Milan at all.

I think that it unlikely that Mr Lerner would travel to meet a prospective candidate under normal circumstances, but time is of the essence.

Neutral venue I don't buy. If you hear or read on SSN/Talkshite/Birmingham Mail (does that cover the shit media?) that Mr Lerner has gone to Milan, it is because they read it on VT.

Here who isn't coming BOB BRADLEY non interest in him what so ever .

Sven whilst respected not seen as a candidate would prefer someone younger who they can build a dynasty around rather than someone who might stay only short term.

Hughes no comment

Jol again little comment

Any comments on Frank Rijkaard?

He appears to fit the criteria that you describe.

Not an ITK, just a bit of a wild guess

Nothing but a good shout !

I think because of availiability it will be MacDonald bringing in Staunton for a season .This is just my thoughts by the way but speaking to people yesterday old Villa players and around the club MacDonald as a coach is highly respected and seen as someone who doesn't have cliques / favourites and could blend the first team with the players coming through from the reserves .

Interesting for me who he put on the bench and left out .

Steve Staunton better not come anywhere near this club. :shock:

FFS MM, that is the worst thing you could say! Where's that puke smilie.

Or maybe he just sent his private jet to pick up Flamini (and Ronaldinho. :P )

He never does that either.

Maybe Curbishly is holidaying out in Italy this August? At least Lerner jetsetting across Europe show's he isn't settling for any Average Joe Bloggs, and is scouring the market.

nah alan was on espn yesterday

Here who isn't coming BOB BRADLEY non interest in him what so ever .

Sven whilst respected not seen as a candidate would prefer someone younger who they can build a dynasty around rather than someone who might stay only short term.

Hughes no comment

Jol again little comment

Any comments on Frank Rijkaard?

He appears to fit the criteria that you describe.

Not an ITK, just a bit of a wild guess

Nothing but a good shout !

I think because of availiability it will be MacDonald bringing in Staunton for a season .This is just my thoughts by the way but speaking to people yesterday old Villa players and around the club MacDonald as a coach is highly respected and seen as someone who doesn't have cliques / favourites and could blend the first team with the players coming through from the reserves .

Interesting for me who he put on the bench and left out .

MM, by any chance were you in the trinity prem suite yesterday as i saw staunton in there?

What deals? We have no manager? Are we pushing through deals anyway?

Dunno, but GK did say that:

"If trades are to take place within the current window, decisions will be made by the interim manager, Randy, and advisors.

Make of it what you will.

So that's Ireland and Flamini then? :detect:

He never does that either.

Didn't he do that with Baros/Carew or am I imagining things?

Yes, but in all honesty he could be out shopping while in Europe. He did have his kids with him at the game if I'm not misstaken. I bet his daughter would love to spend a bit of dads money in Milano.

Mr Lerner's off to Europe this morning.

That's quite a big place, can you be a bit more specific? :winkold:

On his way to Milan

Make of it what you will.

I'm not doubting you thetrees, but how do you know Randy is in Milan??