Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said before today if we're going to gamble on anyone it should be Big Mac.

No disrespect to him but today was MON's team, MON's tactics, we still played to cross and nothing through the middle.

Hopefully he will begin to put his stamp on things if he is given the chance.

MON's team? the same players you mean? is Luke Young use to play RB?(if he even plays at all) is Albrighton normally in the team?

MON's tactics? did MON continue to attack after we were in front?

Jesus

One bit removed, please stick to the analysis Mr Smalljob - thank you OBE

I'd say the situation is that they will look at all the available candidates including K-Mac. However they would be nuts if they just decide to hand MacDonald the job without closely looking at the other candidates, whoever they may be.

No disrespect to him but today was MON's team, MON's tactics, we still played to cross and nothing through the middle.

MON's team? the same players you mean? is Luke Young use to play RB?(if he even plays at all) is Albrighton normally in the team?

Jesus

We won 3-0 Jez and it should have been figgin' 7. What more do you want? Lighten up.

Jesus

We won 3-0 Jez and it should have been figgin' 7. What more do you want? Lighten up.

Err i'm not having a go at anything, whats the problem?

Jesus do people even read my posts.

Jesus

Err i'm not having a go at anything, whats the problem?

Jesus do people even read my posts.

No because they know you are a wind up merchant.

People mention that we played a poor West Ham today, however this is still the same team we drew with and lost to last year.

From the sounds of it Randy will take his time looking at potential candidates for the post, this time will probably allow MacDonald the chance to manage the Rapid and Newcastle games. If after that stage we have performed well and there are still no outstanding candidates then i think he will get the post for the rest of the season at least.

If there are no good managers around now, why get a substandard one in now? We could wait until a decent manager becomes available and go with what we have. That would also save us money on a new manager and new players and allow us to bring some youth through this season. It would also mean we would have a lot more money available next season to attract a new manager with.

Today we got the ball down, moved it around and didnt force passes to often. Totally different to MoN's tactics. K-Mac played the system MoN has tried now and then and played throughout most of pre-season due to injury, internationals etc. They played with a freedom and confidence that I have not seen down at VP for a long time. Its early days but lets hope even if K-Mac isnt appointed, lets hope he is assistant.

There was a lot more through the middle Jez. Whether K Mac had them doing it i don't know but we haven't played that well for a long time. Our possession stats were a lot higher than most games we ever played under MON.

KM got it spot on today and I cant remember the last time we used 3 subs in fact I almost had to check the league rules to see if it had been abolished.

It just shows that football isnt the most complicated thing, youre not afraid to do something different, you put the players in their correct positions not trying to accomodate players, a high tempo from the off not waiting to go a goal behind before you get going and when you take the lead just like all the best sides you keep going and kill the game off.

Today was refreshing and very enjoyable and if we always played with this much positivity and verve I doubt I would be as bothered the times we did lose.

To say this was MON tactics and team is beyond belief

Just for a change rather than bringing someone in from the outside lets build from within, KM arguably knows the whole squad more than O'neill did anyway, we develop excellent young players why cant we develop excellent managers too.