Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Bob Bradley has quit his job with the United States national team and is set to be named the new manager of Aston Villa, talkSPORT understands.

The USA coach has emerged as the favourite to succeed Martin O’Neill, who resigned earlier this week following a disagreement with chairman Randy Lerner about how to take the club forward.

Bradley took the USA to the second round of the World Cup in South Africa this summer and fellow American Lerner is said to be a big fan of the work he has done with his country’s national team.

The 52-year-old, who has previously managed MLS sides including DC United and Chicago Fire, will not be in England in time for Villa’s opening Premier League fixture against West Ham tomorrow, but is expected to be unveiled as the new man at the helm at Villa Park next week. (TalkSport)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bradley has more chance of ending up at DC United or a smaller european team than Villa. He has absolutely no top level club experience whatsoever, and his performance at the world cup left Americans underwhelmed. His squad was a shock to them and also that he persisted in playing Ricardo Clark who was clearly not up to the job. Id rather stay with Kevin Mac than appoint this joker.

Bob Bradley has quit his job with the United States national team and is set to be named the new manager of Aston Villa, talkSPORT understands.

The USA coach has emerged as the favourite to succeed Martin O’Neill, who resigned earlier this week following a disagreement with chairman Randy Lerner about how to take the club forward.

Bradley took the USA to the second round of the World Cup in South Africa this summer and fellow American Lerner is said to be a big fan of the work he has done with his country’s national team.

The 52-year-old, who has previously managed MLS sides including DC United and Chicago Fire, will not be in England in time for Villa’s opening Premier League fixture against West Ham tomorrow, but is expected to be unveiled as the new man at the helm at Villa Park next week. (TalkSport)

Before fretting:

1) No quotes.

2) Talksport

I think I saw the name David Beckham, :shock: . Him joining Villa as even a coach would be a disaster as he took the spotlight for most England games in World Cup and we dont need this walking ego around

And I'd just like to say to those who think Bradley would be an inspired choice, the American FA can wait to get rid of him, he was a safety choice and they are now going to go with their first choice last time Klinnsmann. There is a reason his contract is not being renewed, he underperformed. It would be the same as appointing Billic who has little club management experience, and who underperformed recently with his nation.

Talksport claimed MoN had left April of this year, fundamental differences with owners about sell-to-buy policy and bringing wages into line. Obviously it turned out he hadnt gone, but what happened not too long afterwards....

I hope its crap, but Talksport do manage to get the odd scoop here and there so I dont think we can just put it down to them knowing shit.

I think I saw the name David Beckham, :shock: . Him joining Villa as even a coach would be a disaster as he took the spotlight for most England games in World Cup and we dont need this walking ego around

Revenue / Villa on TV everyday /

It's not all bad news. Won't happen but the exposure we would get would be incredible.

The only reason he took the lime light was there were no players bothered enough, Rooney could have snatched the limelight by scoring 4 against the German's but there was more chance of him snatching a purse to be fair. Beckham's fault ?..not really.

i don't think t he Bradley rumours are necessarily true either. There are obvious reasons why he would be linked but then there are some very good reasons why we shouldn't go for him. The current candidates being linked are all fairly underwhelming and I expect Randy to make the right choice which may mean it takes a little longer than we might think.

His approach thus far has been anything but knee-jerk or short-term so there is no reason to believe he will be rushed into the biggest decision he has had to make in his tenure as Villa chairman.

Please let it not be Sven though. Boring unadventurous football and the biggest charlatan in the game.

Dutch legend Ronald Koeman has emerged as one of the candidates to replace Martin O'Neill as manager of Aston Villa.

Reports in Holland have revealed that Koeman, who parted company with AZ Alkmaar last December, could be heading for Villa Park.

Koeman impressed during past spells at Benfica and PSV, where he won the Dutch title.

A host of big names have been linked with the Villa job, including Sven Goran Eriksson and Bob Bradley.

It has been rumoured that Bradley has quit his job as USA coach.

O'Neill shocked football when he quit as Villa manager on Monday.

It has since emerged that he had become frustrated with the lack of money available, and the selling of some of his top stars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302798/Aston-Villa-linked-Ronald-Koeman.html

This would be the worst appointment imaginable.

if its bradley, expect epople to rip up their season tickets

I wouldn't.

nor I

We've had some pretty dodgy managers over the years, Graham Turner, Billy Macneill, Josef Venglos, John Gregory, David O'Leary, Martin O'Neill...

I always hung on to my season ticket, no matter how shit the football was.

Dutch legend Ronald Koeman has emerged as one of the candidates to replace Martin O'Neill as manager of Aston Villa.

Reports in Holland have revealed that Koeman, who parted company with AZ Alkmaar last December, could be heading for Villa Park.

Koeman impressed during past spells at Benfica and PSV, where he won the Dutch title.

A host of big names have been linked with the Villa job, including Sven Goran Eriksson and Bob Bradley.

It has been rumoured that Bradley has quit his job as USA coach.

O'Neill shocked football when he quit as Villa manager on Monday.

It has since emerged that he had become frustrated with the lack of money available, and the selling of some of his top stars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302798/Aston-Villa-linked-Ronald-Koeman.html

This would be the worst appointment imaginable.

That's funny.

My mate, a non-Villa fan who spends time in Spain near to the border, was returning to the UK after the Benfica game.

And who did he bump into and have a chat with at Faro airport.....?!!