Barry Bannan

villianusa

Interesting read:Average PL wage is £30k per week

Says we're the highest wage spenders in line with our revenue too.

That's for 2011/2012 season... I think we'll see a massive difference for last season and an even bigger one for this upcoming season.

£30k maybe the average wage in the PL, but £20k is not the average wage of a player who has proved nothing.

He showed potential when signing the contract but ultimately it fizzled out to nothing hence why he gets paid 1/3 less than the average Premier League wage.

Interesting read:Average PL wage is £30k per week

Says we're the highest wage spenders in line with our revenue too.

That's for 2011/2012 season... I think we'll see a massive difference for last season and an even bigger one for this upcoming season.

£30k maybe the average wage in the PL, but £20k is not the average wage of a player who has proved nothing.

He showed potential when signing the contract but ultimately it fizzled out to nothing hence why he gets paid 1/3 less than the average Premier League wage.

He signed the contract 3 years before your article stating £30k a week is the average. It wouldn't have been the average back then, and £20k a week for a player who has everything to prove and is supposedly loyal to Villa is an insult to the average hard working fan.

Houllier has a lot to answer for IMO. What in God's name possessed him to offer Bannan such a lucrative contract in 2010? I wouldn't pay Bannan with match stalks.

It is truly amazing to discover the obscene amount that some absolutely awful players have been taking out of our club in recent years.

Talk about takin' the piss!

The biggest problem is trying to shift this rubbish & in a worst case scenario you can't even bloody well give 'em away.

I've always said many times on this thread that Bannan IMO is the worst player that I have ever seen in a Villa shirt. Now, given his ridiculous contract,  I would say £1 for £1 my brutal assessment is even more fully justified. The guy is too weak for Premiership level & subsequently a total liability.

Can I also state that I do not blame Bannan or his agent for negotiating that contract. The cock up is purely of French origin.

I will be so happy if we can offload Bannan to some poor unsuspecting mugs. Let's hope his agent can play another blinder again!

Hi all, first post on VT from a long term villa fan here. I like the way lambert and the club are going about finding raw talent on incentive driven contracts. As long as we can keep feeding the pipeline of good raw talent into the club this could be an excellent model for success on the pitch and commercially. Really looking forward to next season , the buzz is back at the club and it feels great.

Hi all, first post on VT from a long term villa fan here. I like the way lambert and the club are going about finding raw talent on incentive driven contracts. As long as we can keep feeding the pipeline of good raw talent into the club this could be an excellent model for success on the pitch and commercially. Really looking forward to next season , the buzz is back at the club and it feels great.

except on this thread.

**** off Bannan & don't come back!

Bannan was a star academy graduate.

if 20k figure is correct it must have been an insurance policy so he didn't get enticed away by a bigger club.

Houllier knew his value as a technical player.

the last couple of years have not been the best time for academy players to emerge, especially technical players.

if 20k figure is correct it must have been an insurance policy so he didn't get enticed away by a bigger club.

the last couple of years have not been the best time for academy players to emerge, especially technical players.

Weimann says hi...

Correct Con - Bannan is so technical that he is often seen in the technical area...................warming the bench. ;)

Weimann says hi...

I rated Weimann even before he was started regularly last year but to say he was the academy star is re-writing history... it's only true in the sense he was one of many. Certainly not the greatest star, Gary Gardner.

Weimann says hi...

I rated Weimann

He's doomed for failure then.

cover-ears.gif

Well truth be told there will either way be someone in for him, but it depends if championship is what on the table for him if he will go for that. I seriously doubt he will get playtime next year, if any. Maybe one of the promoted sides will be tricked...