Barry Bannan

villianusa

4th best in the league in fact. Not to mention the sheer volume of headers he wins.

He's brilliant is Benteke.

Bannan still not so much. 0 assists from those corners, despite having the 4th best aerial threat in the premier division to aim at.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

That link doesn't show those stats.

Yes it does. All you need to do is scroll over the number for the extra information.

He was stated BEST TARGET MAN not BEST AT HEADERS

TARGET MAN = MANY DIFFERENT ATTRIBUTES

That link doesn't show those stats.

Yes it does. All you need to do is scroll over the number for the extra information.

He was stated BEST TARGET MAN not BEST AT HEADERS

TARGET MAN = MANY DIFFERENT ATTRIBUTES

Benteke was voted Best at everything.

Bannan was voted Worst at everything . :P

NB No one came 2nd :)

• Like 1

You can buy your season tickets now.

Bannan is staying. Maybe.

BANNAN HOPING FOR FRESH CHANCE AT ASTON VILLA

Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan hopes late season success with Scotland sets him up for a big preseason.

He didn’t play nearly enough for Paul Lambert in the last campaign.

Bannan said: “I’ve been in and out the Villa team but it’s great to end the season with a win like this.

“Hopefully that can be good for me as I look to play more games next season.”

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/bannan-hoping-fresh-chance-aston-villa-3962371#.Ubr_gvlBXAY

GORDON STRACHAN hailed two of his fabulous fringe men after the win in Croatia.

Strachan singled out Barry Bannan and Craig Conway for praise after they made significant contributions to Friday’s surprise win Aston Villa’s Bannan was a late call-up to the squad but impressed so much in training he was handed a start, while Cardiff’s Conway looked the part when he replaced Shaun Maloney.

Strachan said: “I was open-minded about the squad. But we looked at Barry. He wasn’t in the original squad, yet when I saw him in training I thought: ‘I can’t leave him out.’

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4960993/Gord-can-see-fringe-benefits.html#ixzz2WBp1vQnD

You can buy your season tickets now.

Bannan is staying. Maybe.

BANNAN HOPING FOR FRESH CHANCE AT ASTON VILLA

Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan hopes late season success with Scotland sets him up for a big preseason.

He didn’t play nearly enough for Paul Lambert in the last campaign.

Bannan said: “I’ve been in and out the Villa team but it’s great to end the season with a win like this.

“Hopefully that can be good for me as I look to play more games next season.”

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/bannan-hoping-fresh-chance-aston-villa-3962371#.Ubr_gvlBXAY

GORDON STRACHAN hailed two of his fabulous fringe men after the win in Croatia.

Strachan singled out Barry Bannan and Craig Conway for praise after they made significant contributions to Friday’s surprise win Aston Villa’s Bannan was a late call-up to the squad but impressed so much in training he was handed a start, while Cardiff’s Conway looked the part when he replaced Shaun Maloney.

Strachan said: “I was open-minded about the squad. But we looked at Barry. He wasn’t in the original squad, yet when I saw him in training I thought: ‘I can’t leave him out.’

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4960993/Gord-can-see-fringe-benefits.html#ixzz2WBp1vQnD

clutching_at_straws.jpg

Keep Clutching..

Nothing in that article to suggest he's staying

He can hope all he wants I hope I win the Lottery this weekend but it will not happen...

with the arrival of Bacuna he's being edged even more closer to that exit door

Not long now till we can light those celebratory fireworks

Edited by AshVilla

Can someone give me a brief synopsis of how the comedy of this thread unfolded. ??

Con praised Bannan, heavily. But praise seemed to be purely based on statistics without any viewing of games.

Most others countered this and said they didn't rate him.

Con's defence became more and more unbalanced, including gifs, heatmaps and ranking of "hoofs" until it was suggested by some that he was PFE.

As a result the general disapproval of Bannan has evolved into vociferous hatred amongst some, mainly to try and counter Con's hugely (overly, imo) positive posts towards Bannan.

Throw in a gif of a 3 yard pass by Bannan that Con cited as the highlight of his season and you get a pretty funny thread.

tl;dr Con loves Bannan, A LOT. Everyone else doesn't.

Edited by Stevo985

Think he would be a great addition to the Crystal Palace midfield if that is true, potentially making them one less team to worry about if we do somehow wind up in the relegation fight (which the way this preseason is going so far I am thinking we could avoid it!!)

Can someone give me a brief synopsis of how the comedy of this thread unfolded. ??

What Steve said is how it looks from a biased side of the discussion.

From my POV, once upon-a-time I said something good about Bannan I had noticed in the statistics (specifically his crossing accuracy), and the response was crazy, over-exaggerated dislike of a player who had also one of the highest game starts/win ratios in the squad (other than Weimann). Certain individuals would not allow anything good to be said about his game.

Since then I've tried to be balanced. I've got criticisms of his game. However, it is true I am in the minority of the frequent contributors to this thread in that I wouldn't mind if Bannan stayed and got game time next season. 

From my POV, once upon-a-time I said something good about Bannan I had noticed in the statistics (specifically his crossing accuracy), and the response was crazy, over-exaggerated dislike of a player who had also one of the highest game starts/win ratios in the squad (other than Weimann). Certain individuals would not allow anything good to be said about his game.

Since then I've tried to be balanced. I've got criticisms of his game. However, it is true I am in the minority of the frequent contributors to this thread in that I wouldn't mind if Bannan stayed and got game time next season.

Honest question which I'm not sure if you've been asked before. Who out of Sylla, Delph or Westwood would you see dropped for Bannan?

I think I've actually been very balanced there.

I've included the point that the hatred for Bannan has been magnified purely to counter your arguments.

Ironically, if it wasn't for you, people wouldn't hate bannan so much, which means you wouldn't have to defend him so much, which means they wouldn't hate him so much etc etc

see what's happening here? Your causing the hatred that's, in effect, exactly what you're arguing against.

It's quite fascinating really.

• Like 1